What's new

Saudi Arabia planning procurement of JF-17 Thunder, Mashshaks, says Saudi air chief

why a rich country with F-15s and typhoons needs JF 17 ?
Becos JF-17 is evolving into a potent platform. Typhoon still stuck with PESA and F-15 is a plane less agile than JF-17. The procurement is conincidence with Chinese unveiling AESA radar for JF-17. It is no more just a cheap platform.

jf17_thunder.jpg

@gambit , @500 And other members who know little about Defense , must be laughing at you.. Add 1000 JF17 and it will be force multiplier, what a absurd logic..

This happen when you discuss with closed and myopic view.

You are not arguing to win, not to listen and understand the ideas.. Better live in your wonderland..

Yes I agree with you, add 100+ JF17 and that will be called "FORCE MULTIPLIER" and the weapon you said, are already part of most of 3rd or 4th gen fighter.

If KSA want to develop Fighter jet industry , won't they ask tech superiors?? USA and Europe can become partner of KSA.. Why KSA will think of partnering Pakistan???
You are jealous and projecting your mad mind on others.. you need some serious help, maybe Gambit can help you with that..500 is as mad minded as you are.. you are obviously a troll and have no substance in your answers..

Last edited:
Probably they are waiting for later blocks of JF17 XX.:-)
China wants to export JF-17 only with Chinese ws-13 engine and its recently developed AESA radar and Pakistan has agreed with the that condition.JF-17 block I and block 2 (100 in all) has given Pakistan technology , experience ,infrastructure maturity and foresight to plan for the future of Kamrah.Once JF-17 MKIII is ready ,both Pakistan And China will embark on full scale production , meeting the foreign and local demands.

Simple logic. Is US and western reliable enough? You can see how West policy flip flop and there. It doesn't take a genius to guess that?
Saudis decided to not rely on USA alone along time ago, hence why they choose to invest billions in the typhoon but not the f35.

Also once America decided not to intervene against Iran, Saudis decided USA wasn't a reliable partner anymore.

Becos JF-17 is evolving into a potent platform. Typhoon still stuck with PESA and F-15 is a plane less agile than JF-17. The procurement is conincidence with Chinese unveiling AESA radar for JF-17. It is no more just a cheap platform.
the problem with JF 17 is that there is always too much use of "will" . it will have this . it will have that . and we compare the future version of the JFT with the present versions of other jets. same is the case with tejas and it's fan boys. ......WILL:-)

hey how much does a jf 17 cost and how much does it cost to maintain one?
Maintenance cost is negligible Brother and its cost is 1/3 of the aircrafts of comparable roles.

i think its a good fighter jet and it's low cost
and before all that a muslim firend country will benefit from as we will do

i wish we buy it
Your wish will come true soon...
Saudi_Arabia.gif
:pakistan:

With regards to JF17 Block 3, Can anybody share a comparison between RD93 vs WS13 vs EJ200 as Saudi might go for EJ200?

Saudis decided to not rely on USA alone along time ago, hence why they choose to invest billions in the typhoon but not the f35.

Also once America decided not to intervene against Iran, Saudis decided USA wasn't a reliable partner anymore.

That is the comment of one soldier, and anyone have too choose whether he is trustworthy or not.
Remember reading about an instructor which handed out M1 Abrams manuals to the Arab soldiers,
and after the lesson, their Arab officer collected all the manuals, to ensure that he was indispensable.
If there was a problem, he was the one that should solve it.

That is the comment of one soldier, and anyone have too choose whether he is trustworthy or not.
Remember reading about an instructor which handed out M1 Abrams manuals to the Arab soldiers,
and after the lesson, their Arab officer collected all the manuals, to ensure that he was indispensable.
If there was a problem, he was the one that should solve it.
Wow what an imagination! where have you ever seen all soldiers with a tank manual?

It's been a long time PDF !

Fortunately my account still working.. I was walking around, then I found this thread. What a shocking headline :cheesy: :

Saudi Arabia planning procurement of JF-17 Thunder, Mashshaks, says Saudi air chief

Indeed, it's a good move. For those who surprised by this, this is not new. Saudi Arabia has been testing the JF-17 for a quite long time.*

Some people would say what the Saudis will benefit from owning the JF-17 as they have much more advanced jets such Typhoon, tornado , F-15 and the F-15SA in the in the near future. However, a questions raises ; What if the U.S decided to cut off arms seals to Saudi Arabia ??

Answer is simple, RSAF will evaporate !

On the other hand, JF-17 is a game changing for the RSAF. It will enhance RSAF power, readiness, experience, reduce the operating costs and gives the Saudis a long lasting capabilities in defense. More importantly, JF-17 can gives the Saudis some self-reliance away from the American and Europeans which means sustainability of the military effort. It's not a good idea to assign bombing some militias near your borders to an high operating cost fighter such as Typhoon or F-15. :no:

You can keep up the tough work going on via another way using a low operating cost fighter instead of wasting Typhoons and F-15.

Costs aren't the whole story. JF-17 is a worthwhile platform. Thus, with a trustworthy partners like Pakistan and China we can go for a strategic partnership and make a lot of win-win deals. :tup:

Coinciding with the Saudi vision 2030, local production of arms must increase to 50%. Therefore, cooperation with KSA means hundreds of millions will pumps in you economy !

**To back my statement colored in blue:smokin: :-

Pics shows prince Salman Bin Sultan- Deputy Defense Minister- inspecting the JF-17 :

JF-17+MultiRole+Fighter_1.jpg

1505281_393797920766025_2083222992_n.jpg

Another pic shows the JF-17 alongside with the RSAF's strike eagle (like 2 sisters) :police: :

Pakistani%2BJF-17%2Bwith%2BSaudi%2BArabian%2BF-15s%2Bparticipating%2Bin%2BNorth%2BThunder%2Bmilitary%2Bexercises%2B1.jpg

http://riyadhpost.live/8774

السعودية تدرس شراء مقاتلات "رعد JF-17" الباكستانية
343f3bd07531b93a3a5722fbba7c7ec8.jpg

Salam Alikum ^_^

It's been a long time. How are you brother ?

i think its a good fighter jet and it's low cost
and before all that a muslim firend country will benefit from as we will do

i wish we buy it

Huh, what are you doing here, bro? :D

I wish we buy it with TOT.

After years of rumors and hundreds of articles in yellow journalisms about " JF-17 and Saudi Arabia" ... Finally, the Saudi air chief confirm it publicly.

It was a long story... hopefully the end will be JF-17 with TOT. :smokin:

It's been a long time PDF !

Fortunately my account still working.. I was walking around, then I found this thread. What a shocking headline :cheesy: :

Indeed, it's a good move. For those who surprised by this, this is not new. Saudi Arabia has been testing the JF-17 for a quite long time.*

Some people would say what the Saudis will benefit from owning the JF-17 as they have much more advanced jets such Typhoon, tornado , F-15 and the F-15SA in the in the near future. However, a questions raises ; What if the U.S decided to cut off arms seals to Saudi Arabia ??

Answer is simple, RSAF will evaporate !

On the other hand, JF-17 is a game changing for the RSAF. It will enhance RSAF power, readiness, experience, reduce the operating costs and gives the Saudis a long lasting capabilities in defense. More importantly, JF-17 can gives the Saudis some self-reliance away from the American and Europeans which means sustainability of the military effort. It's not a good idea to assign bombing some militias near your borders to an high operating cost fighter such as Typhoon or F-15. :no:

You can keep up the tough work going on via another way using a low operating cost fighter instead of wasting Typhoons and F-15.

Costs aren't the whole story. JF-17 is a worthwhile platform. Thus, with a trustworthy partners like Pakistan and China we can go for a strategic partnership and make a lot of win-win deals. :tup:

Coinciding with the Saudi vision 2030, local production of arms must increase to 50%. Therefore, cooperation with KSA means hundreds of millions will pumps in you economy !

**To back my statement colored in blue:smokin: :-

Pics shows prince Salman Bin Sultan- Deputy Defense Minister- inspecting the JF-17 :

JF-17+MultiRole+Fighter_1.jpg

1505281_393797920766025_2083222992_n.jpg

Another pic shows the JF-17 alongside with the RSAF's strike eagle (like 2 sisters) :police: :

Pakistani%2BJF-17%2Bwith%2BSaudi%2BArabian%2BF-15s%2Bparticipating%2Bin%2BNorth%2BThunder%2Bmilitary%2Bexercises%2B1.jpg

Salam Alikum ^_^

It's been a long time. How are you brother ?

Huh, what are you doing here, bro? :D

I wish we buy it with TOT.

After years of rumors and hundreds of articles in yellow journalisms about " JF-17 and Saudi Arabia" ... Finally, the Saudi air chief confirm it publicly.

It was a long story... hopefully the end will be JF-17 with TOT. :smokin:
Saudi Arabia should buy JF-17 BLOCKIII and should buy them with TOT. Saudis can induct any number they want also they would get best weapons package with it.

Back
Top Bottom