What's new

Saudi Arabia planning procurement of JF-17 Thunder, Mashshaks, says Saudi air chief

jf17_thunder.jpg

@gambit , @500 And other members who know little about Defense , must be laughing at you.. Add 1000 JF17 and it will be force multiplier, what a absurd logic..

This happen when you discuss with closed and myopic view.

You are not arguing to win, not to listen and understand the ideas.. Better live in your wonderland..

Yes I agree with you, add 100+ JF17 and that will be called "FORCE MULTIPLIER" and the weapon you said, are already part of most of 3rd or 4th gen fighter.

If KSA want to develop Fighter jet industry , won't they ask tech superiors?? USA and Europe can become partner of KSA.. Why KSA will think of partnering Pakistan???
Simple logic. Is US and western reliable enough? You can see how West policy flip flop and there. It doesn't take a genius to guess that?

There Air Force chief has give this statement not some low level worker. Secondly BLOCK III with the massive weapon and radar and other package and if they want TOT it's best thing for them. It would also help them establishing production areas for more fighter jets in near future.
That's what the News International said, I couldn't find the actual quote. For example, I can write on Quwa, "Zarvan bhai said he's a Beretta fan. He said 'ARX-200 is better than SCAR." You'll ask for proof for that quote.

That's what the News International said, I couldn't find the actual quote. For example, I can write on Quwa, "Zarvan bhai said he's a Beretta fan. He said 'ARX-200 is better than SCAR." You'll ask for proof for that quote.
Sir he gave speech at the ceremony where he said this. He was chief guest and he gave the speech where he said this.

things are in reverse its SCAR that Zarvan bahi likes :lol::lol:

why a rich country with F-15s and typhoons needs JF 17 ?

The same reason why many Saudi (and Gulf Arab) parents throw their kids into Toyota Camry sedans to and from school ... a cheaper platform to reduce operational costs and absorb punishment. The F-15s and Typhoons are prized assets that would be best preserved for bigger threats than Houthis.

You don't need Typhoons, Rafaels, F15s to kill insurgents like (Houthis/or ISIS). Any 4.5 generation plane is an over kill for such kind of enemy. Better to reserve them for high end enemy and in Saudia's case its Iran. With targeting pod, JF17 is a perfect economical solution for attacking sea and land targets against not-so-technological-advance enemy. Even for Iran, JF17 can be a handy plane to be used against and at the same time to defend Saudia territory from any attacking Iranian fighter and helicopter.

You don't need Typhoons, Rafaels, F15s to kill insurgents like (Houthis/or ISIS). Any 4.5 generation plane is an over kill for such kind of enemy. Better to reserve them for high end enemy and in Saudia's case its Iran. With targeting pod, JF17 is a perfect economical solution for attacking sea and land targets against not-so-technological-advance enemy. Even for Iran, JF17 can be a handy plane to be used against and at the same time to defend Saudia territory from any attacking Iranian fighter and helicopter.
i dont know why some people here so much underestimate terrorists. i have seen pakistani members in K8 thread saying that K8 should be used against TTP. i am sure they dont have any idea about the fire power , weapons, offensive tactics of these organizations. i am glad the authorities dont underestimate the threat and majority of the air strikes are carried out by F-16 as none of the other jets have the precision attack capability. the saudi pilots cant precisely attack using typhons and F-15s so why they should go for thunder which has lesser range and payload then the above mentioned jets and doesnt even carry a targeting pod.
according to paf fan boys and paf statements probably all the member countries of UNO have "shown interest" in JFT but so far no single jet has actually been delivered to any other country.

You don't need Typhoons, Rafaels, F15s to kill insurgents like (Houthis/or ISIS). Any 4.5 generation plane is an over kill for such kind of enemy. Better to reserve them for high end enemy and in Saudia's case its Iran. With targeting pod, JF17 is a perfect economical solution ...........
that's why PAF normally uses F-16s against TTP and TTP is poorly equipped as compared to houthis and isis. JFT doesnt carry a targeting pod right now. it can carry only small number of gen purpose bombs. it is a good air craft poor air forces who are still operating migs, mirages, phantoms etc.

i dont know why some people here so much underestimate terrorists. i have seen pakistani members in K8 thread saying that K8 should be used against TTP. i am sure they dont have any idea about the fire power , weapons, offensive tactics of these organizations. i am glad the authorities dont underestimate the threat and majority of the air strikes are carried out by F-16 as none of the other jets have the precision attack capability. the saudi pilots cant precisely attack using typhons and F-15s so why they should go for thunder which has lesser range and payload then the above mentioned jets and doesnt even carry a targeting pod.
according to paf fan boys and paf statements probably all the member countries of UNO have "shown interest" in JFT but so far no single jet has actually been delivered to any other country.

that's why PAF normally uses F-16s against TTP and TTP is poorly equipped as compared to houthis and isis. JFT doesnt carry a targeting pod right now. it can carry only small number of gen purpose bombs. it is a good air craft poor air forces who are still operating migs, mirages, phantoms etc.

First of all we boost the usage the F16s in war on terror with reasons you all know. Secondly JF17 primary role was an interceptor and it doesn't have a targeting pod yet while F16 already had state of art sniper pod. JF17 will be equipped with Turkey's pods soon thus covering this aspect of using against the insurgent targets as well. Mind you we do use Jf17s against TTP in Waziristan this has been reported many times.

Also why do you think Saudis won't go below anything lesser the Typhoons, F15s, Euro fighters etc ? Every airforce in the world has certain low end planes(tier 2) as well just to cover the economical constraints. Even US has cancelled the orders F22s after 122 units when they can replace their entire airforce with only F22s and F35s.

you are nothing but a rudimentary indian troll offering no substantial addition in this thread apart from derailing it! you know Saudi defence needs better than Saudi's and can make better decisions on their defence application as well.

Ok whenevr the deal done, ping me.. Till then das-vidania.

Back
Top Bottom