What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

Olive fields in Northern KSA. The olive tree is native to KSA and KSA is in the top 20 of largest olive and olive oil producers in the world.

XHQc3D8.jpg

CgjAgklWkAAcGiT.jpg:large

CdSsnrqWwAAOefg.jpg:large

CdA4TlGWwAARJvu.jpg:large

The largest palm grove (25 million palm trees in total) in the world can be found in the ancient region of Al-Hasa:

Banana harvest in Southern Hijaz:

f59f39ea0fe2022993573d22d2b943ee_w950_h950.jpg

066f26a1d2fd7376da8f47288cef98bf_w570_h0.jpg

Olive fields in Northern KSA. The olive tree is native to KSA and KSA is in the top 20 of largest olive and olive oil producers in the world.

XHQc3D8.jpg

CgjAgklWkAAcGiT.jpg:large

CdSsnrqWwAAOefg.jpg:large

CdA4TlGWwAARJvu.jpg:large

The largest palm grove (25 million palm trees in total) in the world can be found in the ancient region of Al-Hasa:

Banana harvest in Southern Hijaz:

f59f39ea0fe2022993573d22d2b943ee_w950_h950.jpg

066f26a1d2fd7376da8f47288cef98bf_w570_h0.jpg

Nice areas.. I think should be more promoted.. Which Olive oil brand is best and available now a days in Riyadh ?

Nice areas.. I think should be more promoted.. Which Olive oil brand is best and available now a days in Riyadh ?

Welcome. I am not from Riyadh nor do I live there. However you should ask for local Saudi Arabian olive oil in the supermarkets, stores and markets. Especially from Al-Jouf. Anyway every local souq should have local olive oil and olives. Just ask for it. Should be an easy thing to do.

CeGFhr8UsAAASwh.jpg:large

CeKnTNrW4AAAfIv.jpg:large

CeeylOfWIAAp4bF.jpg:large

Old Jeddah
by BA&AA, on Flickr

إطلالة على قرية ذي عين الأثرية - الباحة
by Jawad Roumi جواد الرومي, on Flickr

View .
by Hmood Al Nasseer, on Flickr

KSA has some of the largest lava fields and volcanic areas in the world. Mainly in Western KSA, Hijaz in particular.

Albida Volcano, Kybar, saudi Arabia
by Abdullah Alturaigy, on Flickr

Volcano Madina Saudi Arabia
by Abdullah Alturaigy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Tropical parts of Southern Hijaz:

Cs2xTSZWEAAC19z.jpg:large

Cs2xTSvVIAAYWLr.jpg:large

CrufZItXEAAiVHA.jpg:large

CrufZNcXEAA1yDH.jpg:large

CqBujizW8AAfoaF.jpg:large

CqBuji_WcAEeJVJ.jpg:large

CqBuji-WEAAFn-T.jpg:large

CqBuji0XgAEQuXl.jpg:large

وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَٰهِۦمُ رَبِّ ٱجْعَلْ هَٰذَا بَلَدًا ءَامِنًا وَٱرْزُقْ أَهْلَهُۥ مِنَ ٱلثَّمَرَٰتِ مَنْ ءَامَنَ مِنْهُم بِٱللَّهِ وَٱلْيَوْمِ ٱلْءَاخِرِ ۖ قَالَ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَأُمَتِّعُهُۥ قَلِيلًا ثُمَّ أَضْطَرُّهُۥٓ إِلَىٰ عَذَابِ ٱلنَّارِ ۖ وَبِئْسَ ٱلْمَصِيرُ

Surah Al-Baqarah: 126

:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing beautiful pictures.
I visited almost every place, From jizan, abha, khamis mushyt, sabya, Riyadh , Jeddah, Bisha , Baish, madinah, Taif.
I found khamis mushayt best place to live, best weather, peaceful place. Both joint city abha & khamis mushyt. Actually i like hill stations. :)
Jizan is getting modern shape, but weather is hot, but thanks to oceans & winds at night. Its fun to walk at night and get some shopping at wonderful malls,
Jeddah looks like some overcrowded, but life is good there. It is modern city .
I didn't like weather of riyadh, wet air, no ocean, but modern city with cool buildings, and life is alive there too.

Thanks for sharing beautiful pictures.
I visited almost every place, From jizan, abha, khamis mushyt, sabya, Riyadh , Jeddah, Bisha , Baish, madinah, Taif.
I found khamis mushayt best place to live, best weather, peaceful place. Both joint city abha & khamis mushyt. Actually i like hill stations. :)
Jizan is getting modern shape, but weather is hot, but thanks to oceans & winds at night. Its fun to walk at night and get some shopping at wonderful malls,
Jeddah looks like some overcrowded, but life is good there. It is modern city .
I didn't like weather of riyadh, wet air, no ocean, but modern city with cool buildings, and life is alive there too.

You are very welcome brother.

KSA is a diverse and huge country (12th largest in the world) which has environments and landscapes available for almost every taste out there.

Personally my favorite areas of KSA are also Hijaz and Southern KSA. In general Western KSA. However all parts of KSA have a lot to offer. The regions of KSA that I need to get to know better is the Center, North and East.

My best experiences is discovering hidden pearls all over KSA. For instance isolated mountain or fishing villages in the West, ancient and well-kept town and villages in Najd or similarly ancient towns and settlements in the Eastern Province and Northern KSA.

As for Riyadh, whenever I have visited, the weather was never humid but the opposite. Actually I am not a fan of too much humidity personally.

The ancient town of Ushaiger in Najd.

JbHocgJ5FkXATDwKz301ik_nBkQ1oKy3Uwk1Gdz26IA_-tZlmqIAYZs-tqoqIdHCo_XLnPTH0qVOmoUy77RU-Q=s900

20gyviu.jpg

2pzedsh.jpg

See more below:

https://defence.pk/threads/ushaiger...estored-najdi-village-in-saudi-arabia.454067/

Last edited:
Snowfall back in November 2014 near Al-Zulfi in the nearby desert. Some 260 km northwest of Riyadh.

Looks surreal.

APwTGBXg.jpg

Desert, greenery and snow. A nice and unique combination not often seen!

Snow in Northern Hijaz (Tabuk area). An yearly occurrence during winter.

xgme02.jpg

2gvt0xy.jpg

119yphu.jpg

13870623933.jpg

13870623934.jpg

13870623932.jpg

Yes, KSA is a country of many hidden pearls. An unknown kingdom indeed. I guess that this is part of the charm for people unfamiliar with KSA and most foreigners in general.

In which area in winters Saudi Arabia have the lowest temperature and what temperature is it ? I mean How much below zero it goes ?

In which area in winters Saudi Arabia have the lowest temperature and what temperature is it ? I mean How much below zero it goes ?

Northwestern KSA (Northern Hijaz) and Northern KSA are generally the coldest areas of KSA along with the mountainous areas in the country. However it can get cold during winter in most areas of KSA especially during the night. Even during the summer the temperate fall during the day and night is big. A well-known feature of arid climates.

Turaif city in Northern KSA measured -12 °C

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turaif

One of the lowest temperates measured in the MENA region.

There have probably been colder temperatures in KSA in isolated areas in the mountains or deserts but since KSA is a HUGE country (12th largest in the world) and given that the population density is relatively small, many areas have no temperature measurements at all. Also let us not forget the wind chill factor here. In many areas of KSA it can get quite windy.

Anyway thankfully we have not much to complain about in regards to cold weather. We are thankfully free of that in general. I hate cold weather and I only like snow in mountainous areas and when skiing. Let alone cloudy/rainy weather. Sunshine and warm weather and I am a happy man.

The winter, spring and autumn are fantastic periods in KSA. Nowadays in Riyadh the temperature is 25-28 °C during the day (max) and 10-13 °C during the night. Perfect weather. This will continue until December before the temperatures fall until they begin to grow in March again. I am not from Riyadh nor in KSA currently but I envy their weather currently.

On the other hand you have Jeddah where it is summer weather all year round basically. The lowest temperature ever measured is 10 °C, lol. No month ever goes below 20°C (average temperature mind you!). The daily mean (average all year around) is 28°C. So winter does not exist.

Same with Makkah which is the warmest city in all of KSA and probably one of the hottest out there. Does not help that it lies in a valley.

So essentially you can have 35-40°C in certain areas of KSA during January and -10 °C in others. Similar to Pakistan (Karachi vs. the North) and most other nations of a certain size.

The only thing that we can complain about is the lack of rainfall in most of KSA. It would be good if we could double or triple the number in this regard. That is my only complaint. However you can't have it all.

_85493291_85493290.jpg

All the 1000's upon 1000's of wadis in KSA are the remains of all those rivers that once dominated Arabia and modern-day KSA.

If you are interested in the archeological, geological and climatic history of KSA/Arabia you should watch this below.

It's amazing.

Lecture at the University of Oxford by Prof Michael Petraglia.

Speaking about those topics and if you are really interested in them, this article below is a must read.

http://www.ecoseeds.com/cool.html

Last edited:
Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

Even the almost equatorial Rub al Khali can go to freezing point in the SUMMER nights and back up to 50 Celsius at noon. Tabuk has seen snow and the record there is -6 Celsius I believe.

Hifz u kum Allah

Back
Top Bottom