What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

Assalam alaikum

Mosa, we r enjoying this thread don't we r not ready to read or Q&A these what ever u tell them they will not get satisfied and it is clearly shown let them die of hatred.

It is enough for u ppl that ur forefathers spread islam to all over the wolrd and died thousands miles away from their land and families, if it was not of them we still be worshiping donkey, monkeys etc but these ppl r not greatful. these r secterians but can't say it lol

BTW , don't cry for Abu Bakr's house if he was here he would demolish his home if there was any need of it. just like he did in his life. nobody appointed u his attorney.

send those pic

TARIQ

Beautiful picture. I especially love the mountain photos. The relative emptiness of places gives away so many clues about a repressive and repressed society.
Thanks so much for sharing them.

I know some of my fellow Pakistanis--especially those living in the West--continually blame Saudi Arabia for so many things: Start out with the 'betrayal' of the Ottomans to the TTP terrorism. I think it is mostly unjustified.
Personally, Saudi Arabia would be one of the last countries for me to visit for tourism purposes. Social repression enough is too much for my liking. However, Saudi Arabia and North Korea-- are the two extreme examples of lack of social freedoms--because of entirely different reasons-- and that has a great appeal for me to 'study' them as a VERY amateur social scientist.

The Lajab Valley is a crack or rift in the eastern part of Al-Qahar Mountain which dates back to Africa’s Great Rift Valley – evident due to the mountains of solid rock differing in formation and color from the surrounding terrain. It extends for 11 km from north to south and is located 700km south of Jeddah, 100 km before the city of Jizan. Our team took the coastal highway route south from Jeddah; to reach Lajab we had to leave the coastal highway at Beesh and head east for approximately 90km…

The last 30km before reaching Lajab, the road narrows and winds its way around the mountains as the terrain becomes hilly. You will see a lot of greenery and farms along the way, and you might spot the short, black, local wild donkeys and the ever present mountain goats.

Lajab Valley is a towering 300m high crack in the great sandstone mountains. The entrance is narrow and barely allows a car to squeeze in initially, however 3km into the valley, it is bisected by another crack valley approximately 2km long and the road widens to its maximum width of 30m. This secondary valley has high, steep edges with water running from a spring located at the south side which flows north for about 11km into the Beesh valley.

This valley is an ancient forgotten location which belongs to the dinosaurs’ era…you will feel as if you have stepped back in time to Jurassic Park (without the dinosaurs!) The plant cover is stunningly diverse and includes trees of all shapes and sizes – small trees, giant trees, annual trees, palm trees and aging trees. The plant life is equally interesting to photograph as you explore this bygone location.

The scenery is truly amazing – the many types of trees and breathtaking formations of sand rocks with colourful, striated layers. Due to strong flash floods which rush through the valley during bouts of heavy rain, intricate networks of tree roots are revealed for examination. The crack of the valley is so tall and high that the sun doesn’t hit the ground for more than few minutes every day, yet it’s fascinating to observe how nature flourishes under these difficult conditions. If you’ve ever visited the American South West, you will recognize the slot canyon geography.

There are numerous ponds where you can see different types of fresh water fish, as well as contemplate the peaceful reflections of the surrounding rock walls as the sun momentarily lights up the scene. The trees which cling tenaciously to the walls of the sandstone valley miraculously grow up to 12m high. Their roots stretch down until they reach the valley floor where sunlight and water offer them the sustenance they require. A visit to Lajab Valley is definitely a visit back in time.

570859_com_abhalajabm.jpg

4218953498_92fa86d747.jpg

4218909516_e5ffe685e9.jpg

4218931526_94eff1ef4e.jpg

4218910318_739f001121.jpg

4218145971_1679f9d2e1.jpg

4218147053_0d3758a230.jpg

4218147861_9947f5a207.jpg

Farasan Islands (Arabic: جزر فرسان‎; transliterated: Juzur Farasan) is a large coral island group in the Red Sea, belonging to Saudi Arabia. It is located some 40 km offshore from Jizan, in the far southwestern part of the country. It is located at around 16°46′21″N 41°58′0″E. It is a protected area and was home to the extinct Arabian gazelle and, in winter, migratory birds from Europe. The largest island of the archipelago is Farasan Island; others include Sajid Island and Zufaf Island.

screenshot20110823at232.jpg

Back
Top Bottom