What's new

Saudi Arabia faces increasing terror threats

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
534849161.jpg

Maj Gen Mansour Al Turki speaks during a press conference on July 5 in Riyadh. The Saudi authorities are implementing a comprehensive national strategy to combat terrorism.

Dubai: Trapped between Al Qaida in Yemen and Isil (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) in Iraq, Saudi Arabia is facing a looming terrorism threat across the border, warn experts on terrorism.

Hundreds of Saudi fighters joining other groups abroad makes the external threat to Saudi Arabia “bigger” than the internal threat from ‘sleeping cells’, they added.

Saudi security officials, meanwhile, have raised alerts to deal with the increasing threats.

Terrorism is threatening everybody, and “Saudi Arabia is a target, definitely”, said Hassan Abu Hanieh, a researcher and analyst of Islamist groups based in Amman.
Referring to the high number of “Saudi jihadists” abroad — the term researchers use to refer to Saudi fighters in extremist groups in Yemen and Iraq — Abu Hanieh added, “I believe the biggest danger to Saudi Arabia is coming from abroad much more than within.”

While it seems difficult to eliminate the growing threat of Al Qaida in Yemen and Isil in Iraq in the foreseeable future, the expert warned that the “rebound of this danger, with the presence of Saudi fighters, grows”.

According to Abu Hanieh, there are nearly 1,400 Saudis among the ranks of Isil in Iraq and Syria, and there are some 700 Saudis among the ranks of Al Qaida in Yemen.

Alarmed by the high number of citizens fighting alongside extremists abroad, Saudi authorities had announced earlier this year it would jail up to 20 years anyone who fights in conflicts abroad.

February’s decree also included prison sentences for anyone who joins, or endorses or gives moral or material aid to groups classified as terrorists or extremists inside and outside the kingdom. Isil has been listed as a terrorist group in Saudi Arabia.

On Monday, a Saudi court sentenced four people to jail for between two to five years and six months for trying to go to Iraq to enrol in the fighting there and for supporting Al Qaida operations.

Last week, ten people were killed in an attack against a Saudi security post near the border with Yemen, according to Saudi-owned Al Arabiya news channel. Five were security officers and five were militants.

Commenting on researchers’ warnings of “bigger external” threats, Major General Mansour Al Turki, security spokesman for the Saudi interior ministry, told Gulf News, “We realise this, and we trust our abilities, preparations and readiness to deal with all different possibilities, and [we also trust] our preventive measures to preserve security and stability in the kingdom.”

Maj Gen Al Turki explained that the Saudi authorities are implementing a comprehensive national strategy to combat terrorism, including raising the readiness of security agencies and implementing measures to protect borders and vital installations.

Yet, experts on the subject believe the more alert and tough the security agencies become, the stronger the extremists grow.

Already, the nature of the extremist groups has changed in the past few years, Abu Hanieh said.

“The third generation of Al Qaida born in Iraq is more radical and violent than the first generation. The second generation, which was born in Syria, made the extremist group more “global”, with the arrival of nearly 15,000 fighters to join the ranks of extremists in Syria.”

Today, the extremist groups have wider targets — local, regional and international — receiving local support and have become better trained, added Abu Hanieh.

Saudi Arabia faces increasing terror threats | GulfNews.com

@HAIDER

You are really worried about Saudi Arabian and Arab affairs like many users on PDF, are you not?

They have tried most recently in the 2000's and were crushed.

A bunch of ISIS and AQAP cavemen (most overall members not even able to speak Arabic) are going to teach Islam to the people of KSA? The descendants of Prophets, Sahabah, Ansar, Ahl al-Bayt, the dynastic families (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid, Fatimid etc.)?

Don't make me laugh.

They should keep their trash outside of KSA. In KSA they will either receive a bullet to the head or a blow to the neck with swords like these when captured.

Let people dream of them capturing Makkah and Madinah.

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @Full Moon @Awadd @Bubblegum Crisis etc.

Mansour got this anyway.

@HAIDER

You are really worried about Saudi Arabian and Arab affairs like many users on PDF, are you not?

They have tried most recently in the 2000's and were crushed.

A bunch of ISIS and AQAP cavemen (most overall members not even able to speak Arabic) are going to teach Islam to the people of KSA? The descendants of Prophets, Sahabah, Ansar, Ahl al-Bayt, the dynastic families (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid, Fatimid etc.)?

Don't make me laugh.

They should keep their trash outside of KSA. In KSA they will either receive a bullet to the head or a blow to the neck with swords like these when captured.

Let people dream of them capturing Makkah and Madinah.

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @JUBA @Full Moon @Awadd @Bubblegum Crisis etc.

Mansour got this anyway.

Every Muslim is worried about Hijaz , its because millions of muslim perform hajj. That s last place any Muslim want to be felt insecure ......or this place fall in the hand of extremist ....

Every Muslim is worried about Hijaz , its because millions of muslim perform hajj. That s last place any Muslim want to be felt insecure ......or this place fall in the hand of extremist ....

Nothing will happen to it, these idiots won't even make it to Baghdad so relax.

Nothing will happen to it, these idiots won't even make it to Baghdad so relax.
Govts are good , but they have lots of moles. And its worrisome ....and lots of moles works on anti state agenda....and very relaxed don't worry about me...

Ya Amerikka Madad! Ya Amerikka Madad! Ya Amerikka Madad!

Accept some reality instead, a lot of you're own people are into this ideology more then any other Arab state, this is your own trash as well.

The chances are growing that other regional states will have to deal with terrorists attacks if the group isn't dealt with in the Middle Eastern region in the short term.

Are those my own words up there ? No, Those are words said by Saudis and government employees themselves.

Some new news

a doctor from saudi arabia decided to join the islamic state & carried out a suicide attack up in the north killing 30 'sunni of course' kurdish forces.

130714041707_140_2.jpg

130714041707_140_4.jpg

130714041707_140_1.jpg

Though keep telling us the opposite, we're all bind, all this is false.

lol al hasani posts that pic of that sword as some sort of primitive defence mechanism
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Those outsiders - ISIS - pose no threat to an army as trained and well-equipped as Saudi Arabian army.

The only threat that Saudi Arabia faces is from inside - an extremist militancy, but no militancy in the history of the world has been able to overthrow a government.
OR
A revolution from the middle class which is present in enough numbers to shake the foundations of House of Saud.

Is it a joke? Zionist Al Qaeda attacking a JEW NATO's slave? Never
The threat is only words, as the attacks of zionist Al Qaeda against Israel

BTW i will enjoy if ever an attack happens in KSA one day, but undoubtfully it will be an attack led by the shias and of course spoiled by zionist Al Qaeda

@1000

Nonsense. There are not more than 800 Saudi Arabians in Iraq and Syria out of population of over 30 million. Give me a break. A few days ago your corrupt and incompetent regime executed supposedly 250 ISIS members of whom only 1 was a foreigner.

Besides he was not a suicide bomber but died on the battlefield while performing medical help to wounded ISIS members.

Also why the hell should I care about 1 individual? Do you see any unrest in KSA? It's been well over 1 month ago since shit hit the fan in Iraq as usual.

Let people do whatever they want to outside the borders. Why should I care about those 800 people - mostly youngsters from the lowest classes of the society? Lured to Iraq and Syria on false premises etc. They can't be stopped anyway. It's like stopping you (non-suspect) from going outside the borders of Netherlands to smuggle drugs or do other crimes. Or in fact a better comparison would be going abroad to join a gang never to return (in most cases) again as a non-suspect. Almost impossible to stop.

As long as they take Shia trash with them I won't complain.

Last edited:
As long as they take Shia trash with them I won't complain.

So as long as they kill random Shi'a you won't have an issue with them ?
You said you have nothing against Shi'a as well on PDF, when I ask you next month you will say something else, so which one is it anyway

@1000

Nonsense. There are not more than 800 Saudi Arabians in Iraq and Syria out of population of over 30 million. Give me a break. A few days ago your corrupt and incompetent regime executed supposedly 250 ISIS members of whom only 1 was a foreigner.

I told you not my words, that person in the video said it

So as long as they kill random Shi'a you won't have an issue with them ?
You said you have nothing against Shi'a as well on PDF, when I ask you next month you will say something else, so which one is it anyway

Shia trash = Shia terrorists. I think that should be clear.

Aside from that I do not trust any Shia Arab that has any loyally to those fake wannabe Arab's (Sadah precisely, whose claims are total bogus like most non-Arabs that claim this) in Mullahistan but that's another matter altogether and they are also irrelevant as they are a tiny minority.

There are not more than 800 Saudi Arabians in Iraq and Syria out of population of over 30 million.
You have a population of just 30 million? The combined population of Delhi and Bombay is 40 million!

Wow! No wonder you keep strict immigration controls. South Asians would overwhelm the natives if allowed easy entry!

Back
Top Bottom