What's new

Saudi Arabia Commits Support to Pakistan’s Candidate at the OIC

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Islamabad, Pakistan

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has endorsed the candidature of Ambassador Muhammad Naeem Khan for the post of Assistant Secretary General from the Asian region at the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). Ambassador Khan is currently serving as Pakistan’s Envoy in Riyadh and Permanent Representative to OIC in Jeddah.

The Ambassador of Saudi Arabia in Islamabad called on the Adviser to the Prime on National Security and Foreign Affairs at the Foreign Office today (October 01, 2013) and handed over a letter signed by the Saudi Foreign Minister His Royal Highness Prince Saud Al-Faisal committing his country’s support to Pakistan’s candidature for the important post.

Several other brotherly countries from OIC have also indicated support to Ambassador Naeem Khan. Pakistan being the Coordinator of COMSTECH- the OIC’s Standing Committee on Science and Technology - plans to host a Science and Technology Summit of the Organization in the first half of 2014. Pakistan believes that Ambassador Naeem Khan would bring his experience – with particular reference to Science, Technology and developmental issues – and would also lend continuity and better coordination to OIC’s work in the area of Science and Technology.

The Government of Pakistan deeply appreciates the support of Saudi Arabia to Pakistan’s candidate. We are confident that Ambassador Naeem Khan would work constructively with the incoming Secretary General for advancement of science and technology objectives of the OIC member states. Elections for the post of Assistant Secretary General for the period 2014-2019 are likely to be held at the forthcoming 40th Session of OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) in Conakry, Guinea in the second week of December 2013.

Oh I C! Pakistan is wasting time and money if it believes Organization of Idiots and their cooperation.

Oh I C! Pakistan is wasting time and money if it believes Organization of Idiots and their cooperation.

That makes you strategic partner with India, they also are heart burn with OIC.

OIC is a voice of Islamic world and its membership is an owner.

that's my city.
450px-Islamic_Summit_Minar-2.jpg

on the political stage of the world O I C is nothing more than a pussycat,which can only MIAO from behind the curtain.

Back
Top Bottom