What's new

Sanjay Dutt gets 5 years in jail in 1993 Mumbai blasts case

imran_ind

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of actor Sanjay Dutt and has sentenced him to five years imprisonment. The actor has four weeks to surrender. The court said that the circumstances and nature of the offence was so serious that Dutt cannot be released on probation.

The apex court upheld the conviction of Sanjay Dutt under Arms Act in 1993 blasts case, but reduced the six year jail term given by TADA court to five years.

The apex court said it agreed with TADA court's decision to acquit him of terror charges but offences under Arms Act were clearly made out for possessing and later destroying weapons of prohibited calibre.

Sanjay Dutt, who has already served nearly 18 months in jail, will now have to go to jail and serve the remaining term.

Dutt will not be able to shoot pictures during the remaining three and a half years of prison term, the apex court said.

The judgement was delivered by a bench of Justice PS Sathasivam and BS Chauhan. The judges only read out the excerpts of the voluminous judgement that lasted for one and a half hours.

Sanjay Dutt was sentenced to a jail term of six years for illegal possession of firearms acquired from terrorist acquaintances, who were responsible for the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts on July 31, 2007.

He was granted bail by the apex court on November 27, 2007.

A total of 257 persons were killed and 713 others injured when a series 13 coordinated explosions shattered the metropolis on March 12, 1993.

The blasts occurred at 12 places including Bombay Stock Exchange building, Air-India Building at Nariman Point, at Worli opposite Century Bazaar, Hotels Sea Rock and Juhu Centaur.

Sanjay Dutt gets 5 years in jail in 1993 Mumbai blasts case - The Times of India

it's true he did wrong, but I feel 5 years is too long term for keeping a weapon..I tend to believe most punishments for crimes is DisProportionally long and harsh, punishment should be lesser, enforcement should be more and more active.

Carrying a gun in mumbai not a big crime ...........then killing thousand of innocent people in gujrat ..and still the Indian Govt cant arrest MODI

he was in favour of muslims thats why he was punished.Both his late father and Sunjay Dutt were in favour of muslims.

Carrying a gun in mumbai not a big crime ...........then killing thousand of innocent people in gujrat ..and still the Indian Govt cant arrest MODI
Modi has been cleared of all charges. Stop this Modi obsession. Why not you arrest Zqrdari and Kayani who allowed Drones that killed your own people ?

Modi is way better than any of Pakistani govt. Gujarati Muslims don't face Load Shedding and Sectarian violence for a decade.

We have a Congress ruled government and Modi is the biggest threat to them as of now.Don't you think upon having a slightest clue they would have put him behind the bars?

Modi has been cleared of all charges. Stop this Modi obsession. Why not you arrest Zqrdari and Kayani who allowed Drones that killed your own people ?

Modi is way better than any of Pakistani govt. Gujarati Muslims don't face Load Shedding and Sectarian violence for a decade.

in 2002 Ahmedabad Ahsan jafry call 100 time to Modi and central govt. but no body came to help. Modi clearly refused to send police or protection from morning till thousands with police attaced. they killed 78 peaple mostly 10 to 15 years girls raped by hindu mob why no punishment to these criminal? beacuse they were hindu?????

HEAD OF STATE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PEOPLE HE GOVERNS

modi is no more a devil in white dress.

in 2002 Ahmedabad Ahsan jafry call 100 time to Modi and central govt. but no body came to help. Modi clearly refused to send police or protection from morning till thousands with police attaced. they killed 78 peaple mostly 10 to 15 years girls raped by hindu mob why no punishment to these criminal? beacuse they were hindu?????

Read again about the convictions including a former Minister and Sitting MLA-Mayaben Kodnani.

But I trust you to reply without finding facts out about her and other convictions.
Who got convicted in Your Karachi ??

HEAD OF STATE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PEOPLE HE GOVERNS

modi is no more a devil in white dress.

There have been scores of convictions in the case you mentioned. Now stop diverting the topic.

@ topic- Sanjay was and is an underworld guy. EVERYONE in the industry knows that. I'm very pleased he will have to serve his jail sentence. In a western country he would be gone for 20 years +.

it's true he did wrong, but I feel 5 years is too long term for keeping a weapon..I tend to believe most punishments for crimes is DisProportionally long and harsh, punishment should be lesser, enforcement should be more and more active.

In countries where crime is lower than india, not only conviction is higher but sentences are tougher too. I'm generalising, so there may be exceptions, but generally the rule is true.

In mumbai its not common for people to have illegal or even legal guns, particularly automatic. As a mumbaikar I want strict laws against gun possessions, it changes the nature of the city. Look at northern cities where guns are more common, don't want that.

Perdon moi!
But, are you a Saffron Muslim?

@united Who told you that ? Its called hearsay. Not proven. Do you even have little bit of knowledge of how Courts work ? :omghaha:

You believe one Indian if it suits you while when Indian Army says you beheaded Indian soldiers, you don't believe it.

Look at your country. Your Army, Security forces and Govt. can't save people. Remember Christians attacked in Lahore, over 200 Hazaras killed in Quetta ?

Head of State is also responsible for Pakistani People he Governs. Better ask your own Govt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perdon moi!
But, are you a Saffron Muslim?

explain term "Saffron Muslim"

@united Who told you that ? Its called hearsay. Not proven. Do you even have little bit of knowledge of how Courts work ? :omghaha:

You believe one Indian if it suits you while when Indian Army says you beheaded Indian soldiers, you don't believe it.

Look at your country. Your Army, Security forces and Govt. can't save people. Remember Christians attacked in Lahore, over 200 Hazaras killed in Quetta ?

Head of State is also responsible for Pakistani People he Governs. Better ask your own Govt.

pandy jii app eak topic discuss kerte kerte kidhhir bhi ghoos jaate ho............i never told pak society is better......come on yaar stick to the topic plz:meeting:

Last edited by a moderator:
explain term "Saffron Muslim"

pandy jii app eak topic discuss kerte kerte kidhhir bhi ghoos jaate ho............i never told pak society is better......come on yaar stick to the topic plz:meeting:

Fussion of the following:
Ishwar - Allah.
Ram - Rahim
Green - Saffron

Please change ur medicines they are not Woking...........

Sorry!
Its my whiskey with soda time.
images

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom