What's new

Sania Mirza praises husband Shoaib for victory

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nd-Shoaib-for-victory/articleshow/6946192.cms

GUANGZHOU ( China): Sania Mirza dedicated her opening Asian Games win to husband, and former Pakistan cricket captain, Shoaib Malik on Thursday as the Indian golden girl romped past Hong Kong's Chan Wing Yau.

Mirza, whose ranking has slumped to 166 following a series of injuries, needed just under an hour to clinch a 6-1, 6-0 win, showing no signs of the illness which forced her to skip the women's team event.

"I didn't feel well in the last two weeks," said the 24-year-old, who captured a gold and two silvers at the 2006 Doha Asian Games.

"I was absent from the team event, but now I feel much better.

"My husband came here today, that made me very confident and I felt good."

Mirza next tackles Chinese sixth seed Zhang Shuai who needed just 33 minutes to defeat roly-poly Nepalese Malika Rana in an embarrassing mismatch.

Zhang, the world 91, enjoyed six breaks of serve and hit 30 winners to her opponent's two.

The Nepalese player won just nine points in the entire match.

"Sania is a very strong opponent and we respect her," said Zhang, who defeated Mirza at the Guangzhou Open in the same Aoti Tennis Centre courts this season.

Women's top seed Kimiko Date Krumm, the oldest player in the draw at 40, opens her campaign on Friday, 16 years after she won gold at the 1994 Asian Games in Hiroshima.

Good to hear that from Sania Bhabhi :)

Allah unhain hamesha khush rakhay :)
Aameen

oh... the source is timesofindia.... they write crap... hehehe :)

good at least someone started winning..

its a bad news for those hoping for this to end miserably for sania so they can parade the failure they are hoping for as a cautionary tale for indian women

Let her praise whoever she wants.. just bring the damn gold medal to here.

Let her praise whoever she wants.. just bring the damn gold medal to here.

Who so ever? is this how you address your brother in law? :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

She praised the support of her husband and we like to tell her whole Pakistan supports her and it doesn't matter for us where she takes the medal... we want her to win gold.
She is one of our own, she is family.

Back
Top Bottom