What's new

Salman Rushdie takes on Imran Khan over 'immeasurable hurt'

Nelson

Reaction score
New Delhi: Controversial author Salman Rushdie on Saturday hit out atPakistan's cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, saying the former cricket captain was 'scared' of facing his 'bouncers'. Mr Khan, who is the founder of the political outfit Tehreek-e-Insaf, withdrew from the conclave two days ago, saying "he did not dream of being seen with Rushdie for the immeasurable hurt he has caused to Muslims".

"Imran is afraid of facing my bouncers.

Imran knew that he would share the stage with me," the Booker Prize winning writer said at the India Today 2012 conclave in the capital.

Mr Rushdie, who returned two months after he vowed on Indian television that he would come back to India after being forced to skip the the Jaipur Literature Festival in January, said he had "not caused immeasurable harmto Mulsims".

"If you want to placate mullahs, don't
leave a paper trail. Imran said I caused immeasurable hurt to Muslims.

In real world, immeasurable hurt iscaused by terrorists based in Pakistan
who attack countries like India.

Imran wants us to talk to lashkar," said Mr
Rushdie.

Read the full article on the website.

Salman Rushdie takes on Imran Khan over 'immeasurable hurt'

Salman Rushdie would sell his mother for attention. This guy is the biggest attention troll in the muslim world. He is the Paris Hilton of the muslim world.

Rushdie doesn't have an original bone in his body.

He was churning out third-rate tabloid trash for twenty years until he hit upon the idea of Islam-bashing and became an instant darling to the Western media. If you ever listen to him in debates or interviews, he never says one single original thought. He merely parrots whatever soundbites are going around at the moment.

Rushdie doesn't have an original bone in his body.

He was churning out third-rate tabloid trash for twenty years until he hit upon the idea of Islam-bashing and became an instant darling to the Western media. If you ever listen to him in debates or interviews, he never says one single original thought. He merely parrots whatever soundbites are going around at the moment.
Rusdie has diplored bigotry in general, not only in muslim world. He talked about "MF Hussain" too and how he was hounded out of India.
Tolerance is on decline in India, I agree with him on that.

Rusdie has diplored bigotry in general, not only in muslim world. He talked about "MF Hussain" too and how he was hounded out of India.
Tolerance is on decline in India, I agree with him on that.

Rushdie is the Kim Kardashian of the political world

Woh bhi sahi kehta hai, banda maarna toh kisi tarhan bhi jaiz nahi hai.

In any given day you can't compare evil to evil of terrorists and Rushdie. But this has nothing to do with forgetting what Rushdie's motives are towards Muslims.

It was a troll reply by Rushdie... "So what you have terrorists too" :P Typical troll.

Imran Khan is the person who will fight with terrorists and bigots like Rushdie at the same time.

Woh bhi sahi kehta hai, banda maarna toh kisi tarhan bhi jaiz nahi hai.

In any given day you can't compare evil to evil of terrorists and Rushdie. But this has nothing to do with forgetting what Rushdie's motives are towards Muslims.

It was a troll reply by Rushdie... "So what you have terrorists too" :P Typical troll.

Imran Khan is the person who will fight with terrorists and bigots like Rushdie at the same time.

Asim - and what are this motives? His words in a book? --- he don't like your religion much, boo hoo. Plenty that don't like one or other religion. I'll take a Hitler who writes only books over a terrorist blowing up civilians in the name of Islam. which do you think is more detrimental to your religion, his words or____?

Asim - and what are this motives? His words in a book? --- he don't like your religion much, boo hoo. Plenty that don't like one or other religion. I'll take a Hitler who writes only books over a terrorist blowing up civilians in the name of Islam. which do you think is more detrimental to your religion, his words or____?

What if the "Hitler who writes books" is inspiring terrorists to blow up civilians? In that case, the author would be more detrimental, no? :azn:
Sorry, I'm just nitpicking your analogy.

Who gives a flying **** about what a dumass lunatic like Rushdie has to say. This man needs clinical help .
He was invited to the India Today conclave. And not everybody is invited there. He is an OPINIONATOR on the world stage and he definitely doesnot care a flying **** about what people think about him.

I loved reading The Satanic Verses,it deserved a booker prize nomination and the whitbread award.Had it been upto me I'd have handed out the Nobel Prize for Literature to Rushdie for that book.

I have the E-book version if anyone wants it please feel free to tell me.

Apart from the book he goes around trashing Muslims and painting them with thick strokes of the brush. Muslims are all kinds of people and his generalization stems from a lot of self-loathing as has been described by a few of his former British compatriots.

I loved reading The Satanic Verses,it deserved a booker prize nomination and the whitbread award.Had it been upto me I'd have handed out the Nobel Prize for Literature to Rushdie for that book.

I have the E-book version if anyone wants it please feel free to tell me.

Please don't advertise piracy here.

What if the "Hitler who writes books" is inspiring terrorists to blow up civilians? In that case, the author would be more detrimental, no? :azn:
Sorry, I'm just nitpicking your analogy.

you are not nitpicking the analogy, you dreaming up a new one. because rushdie never incited or advocated violence in his opinion against muslims.

Apart from the book he goes around trashing Muslims and painting them with thick strokes of the brush. Muslims are all kinds of people and his generalization stems from a lot of self-loathing as has been described by a few of his former British compatriots.

Watched him yesterday & I can't agree with you. He does trash those who subscribe to a particularly aggressive type of Islam but his comments reflect a deep sadness for the loss of the kind of Islam (tolerant, open to criticism) that he grew up with. Your portrayal of him seems clearly defined by your decidedly prejudiced view of the person & his writings.

Back
Top Bottom