What's new

Saleh speaks from Saudi Arabia

NeutralCitizen

Reaction score
Yemen's president has lashed out at opponents seeking to drive him from power in his first public appearance since he was injured in an assassination attempt last month that left him appearing stiff and weakened.

Sitting rigid in a chair, his hair covered with a cloth and his hands wrapped in white bandages, Ali Abdullah Saleh accused "terrorist elements" of carrying out the 3 June attack and criticised his opponents for trying to topple him. He wore a white robe and his face appeared noticeably darker than before the attack.

"Many have understood democracy incorrectly, through incorrect practices," Saleh said in a seven-minute, pre-recorded video broadcast on Yemen state TV from Saudi Arabia, where he is receiving treatment.

Saleh said he has undergone more than eight "successful operations," adding to speculation about the severity of his injuries.

Without naming any particular parties or groups, he called for dialogue as the only way to end the country's crisis.

"Where are the conscious people? Where are the honest people? Where are the believers and the men who fear Allah? Why don't they stand with dialogue?" he said. "They should stand with dialogue so we can find solutions."

More than four months of popular uprising seeking to push the longtime ruler from power have shaken the impoverished corner of the Arabian Peninsula.

Saleh has been in treatment in Saudi Arabia since 5 June after being injured in a bomb attack at his palace compound.

Yemens-president-Ali-Abdu-007.jpg

Saudi Arabia sheltering even more Dictators ?

Okay put yourself in Saudi Arabia's shoes here for a second will you?

First you got rebels in the north of yemen who you went to war with. Second you got a heavy Al-Qaeda presence in the south of yemen. And now you have a new set of rebels in the east of yemen.

Do you think a country like yemen can handle a civil war? or was he suppose to be left to rot in his condition? look at the guy as much as I am 100% behind the pro-democracy movements in Yemen I am also worried about its future for all we know Al-Qaeda which amassed itself an army. And the Houthis can take power and both of them are going to start a war with you.

Okay put yourself in Saudi Arabia's shoes here for a second will you?

First you got rebels in the north of yemen who you went to war with. Second you got a heavy Al-Qaeda presence in the south of yemen. And now you have a new set of rebels in the east of yemen.

Do you think a country like yemen can handle a civil war? or was he suppose to be left to rot in his condition? look at the guy as much as I am 100% behind the pro-democracy movements in Yemen I am also worried about its future for all we know Al-Qaeda which amassed itself an army. And the Houthis can take power and both of them are going to start a war with you.

Al Qaeda was a creation of Saudi Arabia you must take responsibility for your Frankenstein, Yemen already had a civil war, Saleh is corrupt to the core laundering Money for himself and authorizing Drone Strikes against his own people, he deserves everything that happens to him.

Al Qaeda was a creation Saudi Arabia you must take responsibility for your Frankenstein, Yemen already had a civil war, Saleh is corrupt to the core laundering Money for himself and authorizing Drone Strikes against his own people, he deserves everything that happens to him.

I am with you I want a democratic Yemen as much as the next guy and you are right. Al-Qaeda is our Frankenstein's (monster) But lets say we invade Yemen to get rid of Al-Qaeda then what? We will not hear the end of it out of Iran and it will just be another Afghanistan. And plus it is harder to invade Yemen than to invade Afghanistan.
Yemen needs a new leader. And a smooth transaction is the best option. the ruling government steps down and elections for a new government starts. In Yemen (I know Yemen other than the fact that my own grandfather comes from Yemen I also know a lot of Yemeni people and I talked to some and they all agree) A civil war will start every tribe there has its own tanks for God's Sakes. some tribes even have Helicopters. There are 3 guns for each person in Yemen. And each tribe there thinks its bad asser than the tribe next to it.
You said already had a civil war and that means it is more likely that another civil war will occur than not.

I am with you I want a democratic Yemen as much as the next guy and you are right. Al-Qaeda is our Frankenstein's (monster) But lets say we invade Yemen to get rid of Al-Qaeda then what? We will not hear the end of it out of Iran and it will just be another Afghanistan. And plus it is harder to invade Yemen than to invade Afghanistan.
Yemen needs a new leader. And a smooth transaction is the best option. the ruling government steps down and elections for a new government starts. In Yemen (I know Yemen other than the fact that my own grandfather comes from Yemen I also know a lot of Yemeni people and I talked to some and they all agree) A civil war will start every tribe there has its own tanks for God's Sakes. some tribes even have Helicopters. There are 3 guns for each person in Yemen. And each tribe there thinks its bad asser than the tribe next to it.
You said already had a civil war and that means it is more likely that another civil war will occur than not.

I agree with you partly but as much as we want a smooth transfer of Power it won't happen, If the Yemeni People choose war to get rid of Saleh then let it happen if they choose peace to get rid of saleh then let it happen, it's ultimately up to the yemeni people war or peace to get rid of Saleh neither you nor I nor the USA or Saudi Arabia can stop that.

I agree with you partly but as much as we want a smooth transfer of Power it won't happen, If the Yemeni People choose war to get rid of Saleh then let it happen if they choose peace to get rid of saleh then let it happen, it's ultimately up to the yemeni people war or peace to get rid of Saleh neither you nor I nor the USA or Saudi Arabia can stop that.

But standing at the sidelines while you can do something to prevent a war is a crime on itself "All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing"

what has his grandma got to do with saleh???

if you look up on his past few posts you know what happened, no need to be so hard on it!

i to am happy that your grandma are happy but can we not talk about this in a section that is not about it. varigeo, you should have posted it on his wall or something instead of here, make sure you do that next time! cheers :D

assalam alaikum

wat civil war? the ppl of yemen though it is very poor, un educated , tribal society where guns r one to 3 ratio and this nation is protesting for the last six months while ali saleh the criminal have tried everything, killed them tried to start a civil war, played the alqaeda card didnot succeed.
The protestors have kep themselves peacful Salute to All of them.

It is now for the big players of the region and america who must ask him to let it go. this joker is talking about democracy while he appointed his sons uncles and their kids in top positions. Allah has made this man an example like all the dictators

TARIQ

assalam alaikum

wat civil war? the ppl of yemen though it is very poor, un educated , tribal society where guns r one to 3 ratio and this nation is protesting for the last six months while ali saleh the criminal have tried everything, killed them tried to start a civil war, played the alqaeda card didnot succeed.
The protestors have kep themselves peacful Salute to All of them.

It is now for the big players of the region and america who must ask him to let it go. this joker is talking about democracy while he appointed his sons uncles and their kids in top positions. Allah has made this man an example like all the dictators

TARIQ

Personally I wished he died in that assassination attempt I just saw his speech and I felt like throwing up chunks just now. Calling revolters terrorists and all. That man got to go that is 100% sure. and he is killing his own people to stay in power. I really hope the reason KSA treated him was to make sure he steps down. ASAP.

assalam alaikum

Brother is not the question of him just going, ppl of yemen as u know want his sons and cousins and his ppl also go out and big players of the region r pressuring for these ppl to remain, they also put pressure on the opposition ( اللقاء المشترك ) and theses ppl sort of bowed to their pressure coz they r weak and i dont wanna claim they also dont have moral or political pressure but the kids on the streets have showed them how to deal with this crisis

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام

TARIQ

assalam alaikum

Brother is not the question of him just going, ppl of yemen as u know want his sons and cousins and his ppl also go out and big players of the region r pressuring for these ppl to remain, they also put pressure on the opposition ( اللقاء المشترك ) and theses ppl sort of bowed to their pressure coz they r weak and i dont wanna claim they also dont have moral or political pressure but the kids on the streets have showed them how to deal with this crisis

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام

TARIQ

If the kids in the street keep going the way they are going I guarantee you that slaeh will follow mubarak soon. And when he goes down I really really hope we stop taking dictators into our country. I understand it comes from the hadith "ارحموا عزيز قوم ذل" (translation" "have mercy on a honorable person of a nation reduced to disgrace" but really it is giving us a bad image.

Back
Top Bottom