What's new

Sacred bull Shambo to be slaughtered Thursday

Too bad.

A sick bull has to be killed or else it will affect all other bovine specie.

Religion has no place where rationality is the essence of life!

Agreed.

Although the bull doesn't appear sick its no big deal if the authorities want to have it slaughtered. It happens so routinely in India.

I don't mind if Shambo gets killed. Its a risk.

O my god, they are killing our sacred religious symbol. This is an insult to Hindus. I say we should bomb UK airports and kill wherever we can find a Christian:guns:. Hold rallies and the entire Hindu world must unite against these non-believing Christians !!!:flame: Why are our Hindu brother not burning british flags and blowing up restraunts in retaliation to this insult on Hinduism ? WTF :hitwall:

Hmmm couldn't the Hindu Council arrange to buy off the cow and keep it in confinement?

Asim,

Why have a diseased animal around?

In modern India, the cows etc have no importance actually except it thought I presume. If it were such a serious thing, then in Bengal and Kerala, beef would not be sold!

Well basically it boils down to the fact that it has bovine TB and the other farmers in the region (wales) are not happy and are worried somehow their herds may become infected. With all the problems with mad cow/foot and mouth etc etc there was no hope for the temple to keep the cow, isolated or not.

O my god, they are killing our sacred religious symbol. This is an insult to Hindus. I say we should bomb UK airports and kill wherever we can find a Christian:guns:. Hold rallies and the entire Hindu world must unite against these non-believing Christians !!!:flame: Why are our Hindu brother not burning british flags and blowing up restraunts in retaliation to this insult on Hinduism ? WTF :hitwall:

In some ways I do agree with you. Some Muslims are too strict or sensitive on their religion, but what I would say is that you shouldnt try and make out that Hindus or Bharatis do not have the same extremists within. Wanting to kill an infected cow is a rational decision (however irrational the thought of worshipping cows is to a non Hindu). In the same way if someone came along and said your Jilbab is a fire hazard, this too is a rational decision (however irrational the thought of wearing a Jilbab is to a non Muslim). So you are comparing apples with oranges. Noone for example burnt a flag or was up in arms about Sahbina Begum's case when she lost the right to wear the Jilbab in school. If you want an equivalent case, it would have to be something on the lines of bombardment of Bharat or something, which perhaps would evoke a violent response from some quarters and certainly I would expect Shiv Sena's Bally boy to produce some kind of genocidal pronouncements. OTOH, I also believe that Bharatis love to be ruled by whiter people, which was much to the detriment of the Pakistani ancestors who had to put up with a British run invasion of Bharatis looking to serve their lighter masters during the colonial years..something which proved very costly for Pakistan. However, your example is not an equivalent one.

Asim,

Why have a diseased animal around?

In modern India, the cows etc have no importance actually except it thought I presume. If it were such a serious thing, then in Bengal and Kerala, beef would not be sold!

Beef is banned in many states of modern Bharat isn't it?

Muslims do react very violently to petty matters. Hindus have handled this much better than Muslims would have if they were offended by something.

Muslims do react very violently to petty matters. Hindus have handled this much better than Muslims would have if they were offended by something.

Not really. There was no violence when Shabina Begum lost her court case to wear a Jilbab to school in the UK because the courts decided it was a fire hazard for others. This is about the same sort of situation. There's probably more protestation over this bull affair.

Well, to be fair, no one is bothered about culling a diseased bull except those in the UK ashram who wanted some mileage.

Interestingly, the guys being extra sensitive as seen on BBC World were Caucasians!

Much Ado About Nothing!

They can get another bull and call it Shambo II.

No there was no protest either in UK or in India. It does not warrant one to be unduly stupid and from the stone age! Indians have moved on from archaic beliefs. One of the possible reasons is that Hinduism is not a structured religion that has to obey edicts of the clergy. Likewise Christians have abolished the baggage of the past and think independently of the clergy. Even the Papal Doctrine of 'Infallibility of the Pope' is redundant. Thus, everyone is an entity to interpret God and his Sayings in their own way. Once the shackles of the clergy is is not evident, rationality in the contemporary context dawns.

Even Indian Moslems think differently than other Moslems:
Dreams bombed, Hasina speaks up
AMIT ROY
Hasina Patel during the interview. Picture courtesy Sky News

London, July 27: Some of the sharp differences that have evolved since partition in Indian and Pakistani Muslim culture were highlighted when Hasina Patel spoke for the first time today about one of the most evil men to have emerged from the British jihadi movement — her husband, Mohammed Siddique Khan.

And Hasina spoke out bravely against terrorism — even though this might get her into trouble with the extremist lobby in the UK and beyond.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070728/asp/frontpage/story_8117911.asp
Also available on Youtube

To the question on beef being banned in India. That is right that in some states cow slaughter is banned, but in other states it is allowed! Eating beef anywhere in India is not banned.

In the Indian Army rearing pigs for pork is banned!

Well, to be fair, no one is bothered about culling a diseased bull except those in the UK ashram who wanted some mileage.

Interestingly, the guys being extra sensitive as seen on BBC World were Caucasians!

Much Ado About Nothing!

They can get another bull and call it Shambo II.

No there was no protest either in UK or in India. It does not warrant one to be unduly stupid and from the stone age! Indians have moved on from archaic beliefs. One of the possible reasons is that Hinduism is not a structured religion that has to obey edicts of the clergy. Likewise Christians have abolished the baggage of the past and think independently of the clergy. Even the Papal Doctrine of 'Infallibility of the Pope' is redundant. Thus, everyone is an entity to interpret God and his Sayings in their own way. Once the shackles of the clergy is is not evident, rationality in the contemporary context dawns.

Even Indian Moslems think differently than other Moslems:

To the question on beef being banned in India. That is right that in some states cow slaughter is banned, but in other states it is allowed! Eating beef anywhere in India is not banned.

In the Indian Army rearing pigs for pork is banned!

The Hindu Council of Britain are Hindus of Indian origin and they too are protesting the slaughter of the bull. its wrong to make out that Hindus in Bharat arent concerned about it in the same way. A book was due to be released in Bharat claiming that cow meat was a delicassy in Ancient India (which it was since earlier Vedism that existed in the earlier Pakistani land permitted the eating of cows), and it wasn't until later that the ban on beef eating was introduced into the land of Bharat and this became incorporated into Hinduism that exists today. That's the reason why it's banned in some states.

As for the post about Muslims thinking differently I totally agree, many of them do, but there is no really significant Indian Muslim and Pakistani Muslim divide on terrorism, as the recent Indian Muslims convicted or charged with it have shown..it's simply universally a problem.

Back
Top Bottom