What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

doesnt look like a J-20. The body is shorter and the design of the front and cockpit are different

Oh another one?

Guess there are rival design bureaus competing with each other to get the government contract. It is impressive how Chinese have emulated the US style of getting bureaus (in US, companies) to compete against each other for government contracts.

Judging by this, I am thinking that it is going to be a J-20 vs J-31 showdown before PLAAF finally selects its 5th gen jet just like Boeing X-32 vs LM's X-35.
That is exactly what I think rival designs, the Chinese ATF competition. Even the US had to develop one plane at a time.

YF-22_and_YF-23.jpg

YF-22_YF-23.jpg

This will be exciting.

Thats true, copy or not a fighter plane is a killer. But still dont you think now China deserves better than similiar looking rip offs.
Dude, you're an engineer, yes? Tell me how many shapes can you give to a missile? :)

In due time, they will start implementing design changes as well. What they have now is need of the hour. Besides, I think, there is always "ONE" optimal design solution to a specific engineering problem. Let's say that China had started from zero, in the end this would have been the approximate solution to a stealth aircraft.

Changing the looks of the plane itself is very complicated task, its not as easy as you say. These planes even fitted with 4.5 avionics and long range bvr and aesa radars will make a deadly machine.

How do you know this plane is for real?? let it fly first in an international show, then only one can assess its real capability.

how many do you think US has that look like the one above? there is only one that looks like that, the one that melts in the rain I mean

hehe.. looks like China is going to flood the market with these rip-offs before American product comes out in good numbers.

sorry joke aside, how the hell China is able to fund so many 5th Gen projects when even the first one is not fully completed and commissioned into Chinese Air force?

What can I say.. China is a big country.With their rapid development,they have truck loads of money.

Dude, you're an engineer, yes? Tell me how many shapes can you give to a missile? :)

Loll i understand what you mean, but look at planes with similiar aerodynamic configuration. Look at eurofighter, rafale, and gropen all canard based planes but no similarities in looks. But I just realised this is not imp right now, whats imp this will ring alarm bells in New delhi and at DRDO.

I believe it is the real J21.

tail painting is so weird. maybe it is realy for export.

Loll i understand what you mean, but look at planes with similiar aerodynamic configuration. Look at eurofighter, rafale, and gropen all canard based planes but no similarities in looks. But I just realised this is not imp right now, whats imp this will ring alarm bells in New delhi and at DRDO.
Dude, I want India, China, Pakistan, heck everyone in Asia to compete the **** out of each other. How better can we all avenge the lost century! :D

Back
Top Bottom