What's new

Saab JAS 39 Gripen - company shifts focus on Smaller orders 30-40 fighters

brother you just take two Jf-17 planes, remove the wing and tails....weld them together.....put one cockpit or two parallel cockpits left right would look cool.then put back the wings and tail/reinforced stronger ones...and there u have an interceptor better than f-18...:cheers:...think out of the box and you will dominate

man u seriously r a 15 year old arnt u thinking out of the box is not for paf because of economic crysis and u dont just weld an aircraft with another ...u really shuld study aeronautics 101 and then talk cuz comments like these can get u killed on pak def

I think our AESA Radar problem solved and now we can go with Sweden and as Indian reject their plane they don't have any objection to sale radar and other guddies to Pakistan and our JF 17 will come us with another ver. i.e JF17.scp (Swiden, China and pakistan)

the main reason India has not included this aircraft is because of American parts in JAS.. Do you guys really think US will allow the sales to happen.

But , we must also look at benefits of getting a European AESA enabled craft as well

Also , since France is now selling to India 99% it will be France as India will try to cut down one of the suppliers for Pakistan

So we need to also start phasing out Mirages in fast numbers

Tactically speaking

Having 40 Gripens would be delivered fast , and also it will give us a technological upgrade at rapid pace provided we get the AESA technology transfer

For me the biggest asset is the Anti Ship capabilities great movement and a new AESA that will be integrated , obvious the Sweedish gov backs its own fighter .

Now the J10B is wonderful option for Air superiority since it can carry big loads and also firepower

The Gripen would give us , more of "VISION" on battle field , engaging various targets with AESA and sweedish software

The best software and engineering projects come out of Sweden in Europe

36 J10b (Advance Air-superiority Role)
70 F16C/D (Support Air-Superiority Role)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
300 - Thunders , J17 are ideal for flying in large formations with upgraded radars and missile ideal for interception mission, for air to ground missions , and secondary support to Protect cities and Pakistani airspace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 Gripen - would be ideal for NAVY , to get rid of Mirages carry anti ship missiles
40 J11 - would be ideal for NAVY , air superiority missions while Gripens carry out
pin point kock outs of ships

***This should remove all our Mirage and other older plane dependencies
We could retain 40 Mirages if needed for training air refueling or other missions

The reason why India did not choose Gripen is because , it wants to divide , France/Pakistan relationship and wepons supply understanding , its nothing to do with how good or bad the plane is

Rafale is marginally good plane , but Gripen is no slouch either

For Pakistan our requirements are not for this plane to be Air Superiority its more to attack the Navy Ships and Carriers with devastating missiles

Rafale is a techtical plane which can be modified for multiple missions and the electronics package , closely integrates with out AWACs so we will just have to plug it in for quick usage

But , we must also look at benefits of getting a European AESA enabled craft as well

Also , since France is now selling to India 99% it will be France as India will try to cut down one of the suppliers for Pakistan

So we need to also start phasing out Mirages in fast numbers

Tactically speaking

Having 40 Gripens would be delivered fast , and also it will give us a technological upgrade at rapid pace provided we get the AESA technology transfer

For me the biggest asset is the Anti Ship capabilities great movement and a new AESA that will be integrated , obvious the Sweedish gov backs its own fighter .

Now the J10B is wonderful option for Air superiority since it can carry big loads and also firepower

The Gripen would give us , more of "VISION" on battle field , engaging various targets with AESA and sweedish software

The best software and engineering projects come out of Sweden in Europe

36 J10b (Advance Air-superiority Role)
70 F16C/D (Support Air-Superiority Role)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
300 - Thunders , J17 are ideal for flying in large formations with upgraded radars and missile ideal for interception mission, for air to ground missions , and secondary support to Protect cities and Pakistani airspace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 Gripen - would be ideal for NAVY , to get rid of Mirages carry anti ship missiles
40 J11 - would be ideal for NAVY , air superiority missions while Gripens carry out
pin point kock outs of ships

***This should remove all our Mirage and other older plane dependencies
We could retain 40 Mirages if needed for training air refueling or other missions

man u r an idealist i respect that but rite now look at the situation we r in do u think once war occurs we lnot be sanctioned ....gripen is a jigsaw of parts frm around the west our best option is jf or at max jf with vixen radar ....we must look to first even the odds than go for flashy stuff

man u seriously r a 15 year old arnt u thinking out of the box is not for paf because of economic crysis and u dont just weld an aircraft with another ...u really shuld study aeronautics 101 and then talk cuz comments like these can get u killed on pak def

hahaha..! really... like remaking a toy model

Musharraf was interested in gripen and in rafael in 2005 during his visit to Europe
but today we have advance f-16 block 52+ and old f-16 are we are also updating them to block 50 standard
our latest jf-17 thunder block 2 will be same as saab gripen ng
Sweden miss the chance to enter into Pakistani market

I think the biggest plus is

a) Gripen Program is not finished its still evolving - so if we jump the boat now , we will gain the enhancements that will be done on it
e.g AESA integration , new weapons and easy integration with our AWACs
and the source would be open , meaning we could learn from it

b) JF17 THUNDER is evolving as well so its a major plus

The big clunker for us is , Mirage platform and other older models in NAVY

If we bring in Gripen into the mix we get a platform JF17 which is evolving , and Gripen still maturing (I mean sweeden choose Gripen themselves)

Plus if we play our cards right I hope we can also get the AESA radar , and research and development knowledge share on Gripen

And we could just phase out Mirages/old planes faster.

I mean Gripen is sweedish , and sweedish software is known for its efficiency and design the knowledge we will gain will be tremendous even to our own JF17 thunder project

But I agree J10B is our Main STARLET ...

But Gripen would be ideal platform for NAVAL operations , and also for our Airforce

An Air-force with following make up would be fantastic

300 JF17 Thunder , Main work horse of Pakistan airspace defense
40 J10B , Air Superiority Missions , Interceptions
70 F16 C/D , MLU Interceptions and Special Nuclear Missions
40 Gripen : NAVY/Air-force, Great integration with AWACs, AESA (force multiplier)

This ideal setup would be perfect enabling us to retire the 70's mirages, and other Mig variants

The ANTI ship option of Gripen make this a great item for Pakistan Airforce/Navy
800px-Rb15.JPG

France cannot be trusted upon as a reliable supplier , :no: not sarkozy

dude, buying gripen now for navy makes little sense, bcoz -

a) you dont have an aircraft carrier
b) bcoz of that, you'll have to operate gripen from land bases
c) air force fighters can already do that
d) raising a seperate naval air wing takes big money and time, recruitment also takes time and resources

gripen's current version costs $40 million (NG version might cost more than $60 million), buy FC-20 is available
for $42 million now, so why another fighter? plus china plane means no sanctions.

if you're bent on a naval air wing, then better buy J-10C than Sea Gripen.

PS - too many 4th-gen fighters! save some $$$ for a fifth-gen one too! already jf-17, f-16 and fc-20 are there, why another?
you want to build an air force or a plethora of fourth-gen aircraft of all sizes and shapes???

I think the biggest plus is

a) Gripen Program is not finished its still evolving - so if we jump the boat now , we will gain the enhancements that will be done on it
e.g AESA integration , new weapons and easy integration with our AWACs
and the source would be open , meaning we could learn from it

b) JF17 THUNDER is evolving as well so its a major plus

The big clunker for us is , Mirage platform and other older models in NAVY

If we bring in Gripen into the mix we get a platform JF17 which is evolving , and Gripen still maturing (I mean sweeden choose Gripen themselves)

Plus if we play our cards right I hope we can also get the AESA radar , and research and development knowledge share on Gripen

And we could just phase out Mirages/old planes faster.

I mean Gripen is sweedish , and sweedish software is known for its efficiency and design the knowledge we will gain will be tremendous even to our own JF17 thunder project

But I agree J10B is our Main STARLET ...

But Gripen would be ideal platform for NAVAL operations , and also for our Airforce

An Air-force with following make up would be fantastic

300 JF17 Thunder , Main work horse of Pakistan airspace defense
40 J10B , Air Superiority Missions , Interceptions
70 F16 C/D , MLU Interceptions and Special Nuclear Missions
40 Gripen : NAVY/Air-force, Great integration with AWACs, AESA (force multiplier)

This ideal setup would be perfect enabling us to retire the 70's mirages, and other Mig variants

The ANTI ship option of Gripen make this a great item for Pakistan Airforce/Navy
800px-Rb15.JPG

France cannot be trusted upon as a reliable supplier , :no: not sarkozy

Well, Swedes are planning to develop the Sea Gripen variant for navies worldwide. You could always consider it as an option for your Naval air arm.

But since you don't operate a carrier and are a brown-water navy, I think you should stick to a marine version of JF-17 that would get the program more funds to develop and evolve the fighter into a mature one.

brother you just take two Jf-17 planes, remove the wing and tails....weld them together.....put one cockpit or two parallel cockpits left right would look cool.then put back the wings and tail/reinforced stronger ones...and there u have an interceptor better than f-18...:cheers:...think out of the box and you will dominate

Was that sarcasm or ignorance!? :blink:

Back
Top Bottom