Russians Give Indian Navy Big MiG-29K Induction Troubles

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

DSC00538.JPG

Hardly surprising anymore. Sources indicate that the MiG-29K induction experience is proving to be a real nuisance, with the Russians nitpicking over contractual provisions and delaying smooth operations at the Black Panthers squadron in Goa. I've been requested by my sources not to put down the precise nature of the problems, though suffice it to say that the Indian Navy is not in the least pleased with how the Russians are executing and following up on the K contract

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: Russians Give Indian Navy Big MiG-29K Induction Troubles

:what::what::what:

DSC00538.JPG

Hardly surprising anymore. Sources indicate that the MiG-29K induction experience is proving to be a real nuisance, with the Russians nitpicking over contractual provisions and delaying smooth operations at the Black Panthers squadron in Goa. I've been requested by my sources not to put down the precise nature of the problems, though suffice it to say that the Indian Navy is not in the least pleased with how the Russians are executing and following up on the K contract

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: Russians Give Indian Navy Big MiG-29K Induction Troubles

:what::what::what:

I have one thing to say to Mr.shiv..........
If you have proof put it up to verify what you say or Shut the **** up...

Btwn ....Mig-29 looks sexy.. a very nice picture indeed.

Last edited:
these are stories of pro American groups.

With the way journalists are working in India recently, I wouldn't be surprised if they were working for foreign governments! To be honest, i don't see the harm of India becoming a USA sphere of influence.

With the way journalists are working in India recently, I wouldn't be surprised if they were working for foreign governments! To be honest, i don't see the harm of India becoming a USA sphere of influence.

No Thank You !
We like to have an independent policy.........

Btwn Mig-29 never looked more sexy.. a very nice picture indeed.

Joke of the day i have seen Mig-29 trust me its beautiful and lethal as another fighter around the globe. Reason for its underdog position as India has highly advertise MKI.

Its full crap Russians are creating problem. If it does why IAF always prefer Russian fighter over anyone. Just to remind u still lead Indian fighter is Russian MKI plus in future also IAF selected FGFA. Its just media propaganda, Ignore it. I more value IAF comment on any fighter then media or MOD as end of the day they are the one who has to use these machines.

Time will show, as every one here MKI fan so i cant say anything but if u remember in Kargil how Mirage was successful, wonder why india dint use MKI as its multipurpose.

Hope MOD is smart enough to take Eurofighter or Rafale. To end i don't think its beauty what matters in war its power... here i have seen many talk about this fighter is beautiful that fighter is beautiful....

Last edited:
Joke of the day i have seen Mig-29 trust me its beautiful and lethal as another fighter around the globe. Reason for its underdog position as India has highly advertise MKI.

Its full crap Russians are creating problem. If it does why IAF always prefer Russian fighter over anyone. Just to remind u still lead Indian fighter is Russian MKI plus in future also IAF selected FGFA. Its just media propaganda, Ignore it. I more value IAF comment on any fighter then media or MOD as end of the day they are the one who has to use these machines.

Time will show, as every one here MKI fan so i cant say anything but if u remember in Kargil how Mirage was successful, wonder why india dint use MKI as its multipurpose.

Hope MOD is smart enough to take Eurofighter or Rafale. To end i don't think its beauty what matters in war its power... here i have seen many talk about this fighter is beautiful that fighter is beautiful....

Agree with u completely. :tup:

I dont buy the news article either..

And since the news is related to Goa, Russians are chilling there.Will be back to full swing job when Medvedev visits later this month.

mig 29 does not have a great engine in the RD-33.

earlier it used to give out smoke , though now the problem has been solved in the mig 29 k ( not in the earlier model mig 29s that india possesses ).

but the engine has to be repeatedly overhauled , more regularly than engines of other planes. enigine life is short too .

besides it is a fuel-guzzling engine , and thus shortens range.

overall ,the indian air force is not happy with its mig-29 experience.

Last edited:

Sir we are one of the NAM supporters. Its always risky to be an ally. But since Russians know about us and we know about them past 40- 50 years they have supported us in every stand.
I do not call it an Axis but just a fruitful Friendship.

We are most of the time neutral after signing NAM.

India not using MKI had nothing to do with (or lack of) the capabilities of MKI.

The IAF signed deal with Sukhoi on 30 November 1996 for 40 Su-30 aircraft.

The first batch (Su-30MK-I) of 8 aircraft were delivered around mid of 1997. These were 'standard' Su-30s primarily for training. These were not multirole fighters. So these can't be considered for the Kargil war.

The second batch (Su-30MK-IIs) of another 8 aircraft with multirole capabilities were delivered only in the later half of 1998.

Kargil war started in the May of 1999. No air force in the world would take a new fighter inducted just 8-9 months before to war esp. when they have options available.

Back
Top Bottom