What's new

Russian opposition politician gunned down

Broccoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Apparently soft actions against opposition aren't enough to keep Putin in power.

A leading Russian opposition politician, former deputy Prime Minister Boris Nemtsov, has been shot dead in Moscow, Russian officials say.

An unidentified attacker shot Mr Nemtsov four times in central Moscow, a source in the law enforcement bodies told Russia's Interfax news agency.

He was shot near the Kremlin while walking with a woman, according to Russian-language news website Meduza.

"Several people" had got out of a car and shot him, it added.

Mr Nemtsov, 55, served as first deputy prime minister under the late President Boris Yeltsin in the 1990s.

He had earned a reputation as an economic reformer while governor of one of Russia's biggest cities, Nizhny Novgorod.

Falling out of favour with Yeltsin's successor, Vladimir Putin, Mr Nemtsov became an outspoken opposition politician.

He was shot in the back with a pistol from a white car which fled the scene, Interfax's source said.

One of the politician's colleagues in his RPR-Parnassus party, Ilya Yashin, confirmed Mr Nemtsov's death.

"Unfortunately I can see the corpse of Boris Nemtsov in front of me now," he was quoted as saying by Russia's lenta.ru news website. "At the Bolshoy Zamoskvoretsky Bridge. I see the body and lots of police around it."
Russia opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead - BBC News

Nemtsov, Politkovskaya, Magnitsky, Litvinenko, Estemirova....

It's no coincidence that a large number of critics of Putin and his regime are either dead or in prison. Opposition to Putin is almost nonexistent in Russia.

it could be the west who did it to cause chaos in Russia, how convenient for the west that opposition member dies, it is like what happened before in Syria.. shooting anti-government protesters, well guess who to blame at shooting anti-government protesters... same thing applies here, it will easily be blamed on the Russian government...

If Putin wasn't behind it... Why Putin is speaking about "provocation"?. Does Putin have superpowers to know the reasons of the crime inmediately? Putin is a liar or a murderer, or both. Putin is the worst enemy of Russian people.

it could be the west who did it to cause chaos in Russia, how convenient for the west that opposition member dies, it is like what happened before in Syria.. shooting anti-government protesters, well guess who to blame at shooting anti-government protesters... same thing applies here, it will easily be blamed on the Russian government...

Oh, boy..... my tin foil hat, please.

INB4 MOSSAD SECRET ASSASSINATION DOUBLE CROSS ATTEMPT

+

= :))

Imagine if it was a ...jew secret western agent !!!!11!

actually Putin and his party work for the CIA and US government.

We use putin to threat everywhere so we can justified NATO expansion. Its all a shame and I used to work with NSA so I must be right

LOL

MY GOD. You are still on with this your western devils being responsible for everything across the world'? My goodness, i knew you were really anti western, but i never believed you will go to the extent of blaming the west in this as well, At least you blaming the west for the Sunnis hating/killing you shias was silly but at least i could understand/try and make some sense out of this, but also blaming the west for killing a Putin critic/opposition leader just close to the heart of Russia i.e Kremlin is just stupid/laughable. You lose all credibility by doing this bro. Chillax. Even if it was western secret 'devilish' agents who were responsible for this(we all know its not the case), it will mean that Russia's intelligence/security services are sooo incompetent its unbelievable(which we all know they are not). So stop all your issues/problems on the west......JEEZZZZZZZZ.......

Im sure its the west that also killed Politkovskaya, Magnitsky, Litvinenko and many other Putin critics.:rofl:

It's crazy to think Putin is behind this, he's already at 86% approval.

This was the work of a crazed ultra nationalist, he should be caught and locked up for life.

Back
Top Bottom