What's new

Russian military to get 50 intercontinental missiles

kamrananvaar

Reaction score
MOSCOW (AP) — The chief of Russia's General Staff says the military will receive 50 intercontinental ballistic missiles this year, maintaining a high tempo of modernization despite the nation's economic downturn.

Gen. Valery Gerasimov's statement Friday comes amid spiraling Russia-West tensions over Ukraine, where fighting between pro-Russia rebels and government forces flared up anew this month after a period of relative calm.

Gerasimov said weapons modernization should prevent the U.S. and NATO from achieving military superiority over Russia.

He said the development of strategic nuclear forces is the top priority, adding that Russia will counter NATO's U.S.-led missile defense system by deploying weapons capable of penetrating the shield.

Gerasimov said that Russia is also developing long-range precision conventional weapons in response to the U.S. Prompt Global Strike program.

I HAVE A STRONG FEELING THAT RUSSIA'S ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE SOON DUE TO THE SANCTIONS AND VAST SPENDING ON DEFENSE

I HAVE A STRONG FEELING THAT RUSSIA'S ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE SOON DUE TO THE SANCTIONS AND VAST SPENDING ON DEFENSE
I dont think so. Russia is playing their cards in Ukrainian crisis brilliantly. It is Western Europe which will suffer eventually. Sino-Russian trade and relations are strong and Russia will be look towards east more now.

I dont think so. Russia is playing their cards in Ukrainian crisis brilliantly. It is Western Europe which will suffer eventually. Sino-Russian trade and relations are strong and Russia will be look towards east more now.
HOPEFULLY PAKISTAN CAN GAIN LOTS FROM RUSSIA WITH THE SHIFTING OF ALLIANCE BUT RIGHT THINGS ARE LOOKING BAD FOR THEM, BUT YET AGAIN PUTIN WILL DO ANYTHING TO KEEP UKRAINE

There is no room for Russia to go back to the West.

The West under the lead of the US is now doing everything to split Russia again, then they can solely focus on China after fully destroyed Russia.

So the China-Russia ties are essential for our survival against the US aggression.

There is no room for Russia to go back to the West.

The West under the lead of the US is now doing everything to split Russia again, then they can solely focus on China after fully destroyed Russia.

So the China-Russia ties are essential for our survival against the US aggression.

Let me try to get the US, Russia and China on the same superpower team ;) :D

In that superpower team, the US, Russia and China are expected by the rest of the reasonable world to police eachother as well, and since the US has a big arrogance problem towards Russia at the moment, I support better ties between Russia and China at the moment, which i believe are good in any foreseeable longer-term future as well.

However, if China's arrogance problem escalates, the variables change, and so must policies and treaties :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me try to get the US, Russia and China on the same superpower team ;) :D

In that superpower team, the US, Russia and China are expected by the rest of the reasonable world to police eachother as well, and since the US has a big arrogance problem towards Russia at the moment, I support better ties between Russia and China at the moment, which i believe are good in any foreseeable longer-term future as well.

However, if China's arrogance problem escalates, the variables change, and so must policies and treaties :)
They are all shits who want power and control, they bully every nation around them or force them into whatever is favorable for themselves, **** them all.

And Russia is fucked, if you have lost a significant amount of your GDP yet start going wild spending money on defence your going to run into trouble, what cards have they played brilliantly, a rundown country in the middle of Europe is having a small civil war, Russia is as much to blame as the US/West/Mossad/Nato whoever it was who people want to accuse "started" it, they have just as many agendas and supported financially/militarily just as many if not more people who favoured the East, it isnt NATO started this, its NATO and Russia both had their own agendas they wanted pushed and both of them created this mess, this isnt a one way street, it WAS two way traffic but now its mainly just Russia involved, which is fine by me as I like the rest of Europe and tbh probably most Russian citizens really dont care what happens politically in Ukraine.

There were no cards to play, and certainly no winners, only losers and the more you intervene (Russia) the more losses you take and all the "looking east" bullshit is just annoying, the only parts of Russia that really matter are European and looking East is looking a hell of a long way away, strain your eyes a bit to much I think. Not sure I want to look East to the mighty nations of Uzbekistan etc, I favor the Kazaks but they are friendly with everyone and probably always will be, look to China all they want, Chinas gaze isnt exactly focused on Russia, especially when the nations next to Russia are their biggest partners.

Multipolar world is more acceptable than the hegemony of one country which go on global tyranny.

Back
Top Bottom