What's new

Russian ambassador to Turkey shot dead in Ankara

How did he change 3 magazines,or did he have 4 guns(70 shots)?
Couldnt a sniper have shot the gun from his hand while changing magazines?
It doesnt sound plausible to me.
4 magazines have been found, there was fire fight and tries to convince him to give up for about 15 minutes.

He was inside a building so sniper might not been a option and even if it was shooting a gun from someones hand at such a distance while the target is moving inside a building? Well as said, Hollywood.

4 magazines have been found, there was fire fight and tries to convince him to give up for about 15 minutes.

He was inside a building so sniper might not been a option and even if it was shooting a gun from someones hand at such a distance while the target is moving inside a building? Well as said, Hollywood.
Not Hollywood,did you see the footage,he wasnt exactly hiding,they even posted pictures taken of him from the outside of the place.
I dont know,maybe im wrong but shots to the leg but none to the arm sounds a bit strange.

Not Hollywood,did you see the footage,he wasnt exactly hiding,they even posted pictures taken of him from the outside of the place.
These were before speacial forces arrived the scene.

I dont know,maybe im wrong but shots to the leg but none to the arm sounds a bit strange.
Why strange, its common practice to shoot on legs to stop someone because:
A. legs dont move as much as arms
B. legs are bigger targets
C. trying to shoot on arms has the risk to hit the target fatally so if you want to catch him alive its no option to shoot him on his arms.

Assassin tries to reach his pocket. Special forces thinking that he might be reaching for a detonator to trigger a suicide vest or explosives that might be planted on the building, kills him.

Such a shame, they couldn't interrogate him. But what's the larger shame is the fact that someone would throw away their life for something so useless as killing an ambassador. The country will just send another one.

C. trying to shoot on arms has the risk to hit the target fatally so if you want to catch him alive its no option to shoot him on his arms.
Special Forces snipers are trained to do that,one of my friends is ex GSG9.
We used to train(martial arts) together.
Lets just leave it here,i still dont buy it(killing him).

Special Forces snipers are trained to do that,one of my friends is ex GSG9.
We used to train(martial arts) together.
Lets just leave it here,i still dont buy it(killing him).
As said i hardly believe snipers were an option in this case, why would they kill him on purpose, akp tries to get the facts more than everyone else since they are the biggest loosers of this incident.

btw: i believe a bullet from a sniper rifle would easily go throught an arm and hit critical organs in abdomen, so yeah its really not an option to catch someone alive.

I never heard security force/special force shoot on arm to catch alive! But I have seen it lot ;)

Considering that ethnic Kurds are 98% Sunni Muslims, I find what you wrote of them calling to a turko-mongolic deity "Tengri", an insult to Tengrists.

I would never insult Tengrists. In fact I alway take Tengrism when I play CIV

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this information or not, but for those who wonder how come the assassin was not challenged for being where he was, or doubted his credentials due to his age, (A point made by a poster in this thread.), he had served on the security detail of President Erdogan himself, on multiple occasions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sadors-assassin-guarded-recep-tayyip-erdogan/
Another lie from the western media.

- First of all police are not the bodyguards of the President but it's presidential guards.
koruma330YI.jpg

- Abdulkadir Selvi, mentioned that he served as a riot police, during the Erdoğan's massive meetings after the coup. Hundreds or Thousands of police officers gets stationed in those events. And riot police happens to be waiting in Buses like a 100-200 from the meeting area. He possibly never saw Erdopan with his own eyes during those event.
1470516400263.jpg

- There is no such thing as "an elite Ankara riot unit". When you join the police forces, you will be stationed as a riot police with no exceptions, that's the most novice position in all of the police department.

Typical Western lies.

Another lie from the western media.

- First of all police are not the bodyguards of the President but it's presidential guards.

Which is exactly what the article said. It never said he was one of Erdogan's bodyguard. Perhaps you should have actually read the article before making a foolish criticism of it.

"Mevlut Mert Altintas, 22, served on police details backing up Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s personal body guards"

- There is no such thing as "an elite Ankara riot unit". When you join the police forces, you will be stationed as a riot police with no exceptions, that's the most novice position in all of the police department.

Typical Western lies.

...as written by a Turkish journalist, you mean. (Abdülkadir Selvi) He is their quoted source. As to the use of "elite", really? That's the big, bad, "Western lie"? :lol: Who cares if that word was used or not. The point of the story is that this guy was in fact, a policeman who had worked VIP security details before.

Which is exactly what the article said. It never said he was one of Erdogan's bodyguard. Perhaps you should have actually read the article before making a foolish criticism of it.

"Mevlut Mert Altintas, 22, served on police details backing up Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s personal body guards"

...as written by a Turkish journalist, you mean. (Abdülkadir Selvi) He is their quoted source. As to the use of "elite", really? That's the big, bad, "Western lie"? :lol: Who cares if that word was used or not. The point of the story is that this guy was in fact, a policeman who had worked VIP security details before.
Police detail is deceptive, its similar to security detail. When someone says detail it sounds like he is attached to him or something, someone close. Again certain media for whatever reason are trying to somehow put the blame on Turkey as if it is a player in the killing of the ambassador which is not the case and has been accepted by Russia which is what matters. I even saw US nightly news reports and they don't even mention Gülen when he is a big part of the story, for some reason he is ignored even though the Turkish foreign minister said that Russia and Turkey are on the same page regarding Gulen and this assasination. That's very interesting.

Again certain media for whatever reason are trying to somehow put the blame on Turkey as if it is a player in the killing of the ambassador which is not the case and has been accepted by Russia which is what matters.

Let's stick to the article you are criticising. Nowhere, does it even suggest that Turkey was behind, guilty, culpable, in any way, with the assassination. It simply states that the assassin was an actual police officer who had worked security details, previously. That is pretty much what I have been hearing about him in the Western news stories I have been following. I have yet to hear even one single story, that suggest Turkey was behind the assassination.

I even saw US nightly news reports and they don't even mention Gülen when he is a big part of the story,

Probably because as of yet, there is not the slightest scintilla of evidence that the assassin had any ties to the Gulen movement. It has been reported that an official in Ankara said there were "very strong ties" between the assassin and Gulan and when pressed on the matter, offered absolutely no evidence of his claim.

If it turns out that there is, then there is, but perhaps the Western media isn't reporting it because it seems to them, (and to me), as a charge born out of emotional convenience rather than facts.

@Sinan +1

No,there is no relation between President body guards and this guy. It is totally wrong translation or it has been done on purpose as Sinan said.

Here is the original quoted columnist.(2nd paragraph) He said this guy was participated 8 different president events as normal security person.

http://sosyal.hurriyet.com.tr/yazar...cumhurbaskaninin-katildigi-programda_40312825
More summary about that guy:
  • Got scholarship from one businessman during his student times. That business is fugitive after 15 th of July
  • Studied Gulen school
  • Before join in the the police dept, his two police chief reference were already fired from police dept. due to Gulen connections
Therefore we know which organization was behind him.

Now Mr. Pro , Maybe you can enlighten us. Who is behind this organization?

@Sinan +1

No,there is no relation between President body guards and this guy.

So you can provide actual proof then that he did not ever, serve as police detail backing up the president's body guard?

• Got scholarship from one businessman during his student times. That business is fugitive after 15 th of July

[*]Studied Gulen school
    [*]Before join in the the police dept, his two police chief reference were already fired from police dept. due to Gulen connections
Now Mr. Pro , Maybe you can enlighten us. Who is behind this organization?

Based on what? Sorry, but that is NOT evidence. Look, I could care less about the Gulan movement and maybe he is in some way, associated with the Gulan movement but it is simply a ridiculous charge to say that it is not being reported by the Western media out of some sort of pro-Gulan bias, when what you post here, would be considered laughable, as evidence of any ties he had, by any reputable news organization.

So you can provide actual proof then that he did not ever, serve as police detail backing up the president's body guard?

Based on what? Sorry, but that is NOT evidence. Look, I could care less about the Gulan movement and maybe he is in some way, associated with the Gulan movement but it is simply a ridiculous charge to say that it is not being reported by the Western media out of some sort of pro-Gulan bias, when what you post here, would be considered laughable, as evidence of any ties he had, by any reputable news organization.

What I am saying is your news source get the quote from Abdulkadir Selvi column as they are claiming

"Mevlut Mert Altintas, 22, served on police details backing up Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s personal body guards eight times since the failed military coup that rocked Turkey in July, Abdülkadir Selvi, a columnist known for his close ties to the government, wrote in Hurriyet on Wednesday. "
Your source http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sadors-assassin-guarded-recep-tayyip-erdogan/

which is not 100% matching with the Translation.There is no direct relation between him and bodyguards.

Every inside or outside political meetings, there are 1000-3000 police working for security.He is just one of them for 8 presidential events.

Back
Top Bottom