What's new

Russia & China Supports Sri Lanka

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Russia & China Supports Sri Lanka

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev yesterday expressed willingness to visit Sri Lanka as he pledged visiting Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa of his support to Sri Lanka whenever necessary.

Mr. Medvedev said he was anxious to visit Sri Lanka along with Foreign Affairs Minister Sergei Lavrov who was fluent in Sinhala.

The Sri Lanka President also held bilateral talks with Chinese President Hu Jintao who opposed external forces intervening in the internal affairs of Sri Lanka.

Russia’s President made this remark during bi-lateral talks with his Sri Lankan counterpart after the inaugural session of the Heads of State at the International Economic Forum held at the Lenexpo Conference Hall in the scenic Vasilevsky Island yesterday.

President Rajapaksa in return, thanked him profusely for the support extended to Sri Lanka when in need.

President Rajapaksa discussed in detail, ways and means of strengthening economic and trade relations between the two countries.

The President also pointed, out the availability of opportunities and facilities for Russian entrepreneurs and investors to initiate businesses and investment projects in Sri Lanka. He also made a direct request to Russian entrepreneurs in this regard.

‘As a nation affected by terrorism we are quite aware of its effects. I am anxious to visit Sri Lanka for a tour along with my Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov, who is fluent in Sinhala” the Russian President said.

Sri Lanka President Rajapaksa also held bilateral talks with Chinese President Hu Jintao who opposed external forces intervening in the internal affairs of Sri Lanka. President Jintao said Sri Lanka had been politically stabilized with the accelerated development process.

Also, he expressed his satisfaction over the progress made in respect of resettlement of displaced civilians, and pledged his continuous support for the development drive in Sri Lanka, a statement from the President’s Office said.

z_new350.jpg

z_new351.jpg

RussiaN president anxious to visit lanka | Front Page

Nice article. :tup:

And Hu Jintao has a funny expression on his face. I think he saw a reporter that he doesn't like. :D

Nice article. :tup:

And Hu Jintao has a funny expression on his face. I think he saw a reporter that he doesn't like. :D

I think he always looks like that. The man doesn't seem like a leader at all, but the next guy Xi Jinping looks confident, just like how the leader of China should look.

I think he always looks like that. The man doesn't seem like a leader at all, but the next guy Xi Jinping looks confident, just like how the leader of China should look.

Personally, I really like Hu and Wen. They are among my favourites.

Xi Jinping seems good as well, but we'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom