What's new

Russia blocks sale of engines for Sino-Pak fighter jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Algeria operate F-16's? They chose the SU-30.

So now you want to make this a vs thread?

thanks for correction! my mistake. but why vs. thread? you see from now on when ever some one will see JF-17 mig will com eot his his mid and not even you can avoid it.

You have all the right to celebrate a glorified past but mig corp. just stumbled after visualising hopeless future. sorry.
And howz that? Because you say so? Do you even know about Mig & Sukhoi? Do you know their pedigree? Do you know the sheer engineering and Industrial powerhouse they are? How way ahead they are of what the chinese can field. They are among the very very few organizations who can design everything from a superb aerobatic plane to a 5th gen fighter to a world beating 4.5 gen to one of the most advanced cilivian aircarft in the world...ALL SIMULTANEOUSLY AND IN PARALLELL TODAY. And ALL OF THEM considered among the VERY BEST in the world.
The chinese are greek gods only in the minds of the Pakistanis. It's all good that you like them, but don't strecth it. Sukhoi ALONE has built more than 10,000 combat jets till date then imagine the massive industrial conglomorate that is Sukhoi+Mig. They've never had to 'steal' or 'copy', you know why...becuase they are ALWAYS ahead of the curve.

Guynextdoor...
Putin said that the MiG corporation had sustained losses of some 11 billion rubles in 2008, with its debt running at 44.8 billion rubles ($1.25 billion).

Indeed they are giant corporations BUT what was your motive of bringing Chinese in it? Non of Chinese aviation corporation is in debt.
And when you've dragged China in it let me be clear China has gone miles forward even if they still've to catch up with russian. Keep flaming out of this forum next time i will report you for your attitude, and don't get pissed off at he Glorious China.

Guynextdoor...
Putin said that the MiG corporation had sustained losses of some 11 billion rubles in 2008, with its debt running at 44.8 billion rubles ($1.25 billion).

Indeed they are giant corporations BUT what was your motive of bringing Chinese in it? Non of Chinese aviation corporation is in debt.
And when you've dragged China in it let me be clear China has gone miles forward even if they still've to catch up with russian. Keep flaming out of this forum next time i will report you for your attitude, and don't get pissed off at he Glorious China.
So...if Ford has financial problems, does that mean that they can't make cars or that they are THE preeminent makers of cars. Chinese reference because it's the fanboys who think that becuase they've started making some planes the russians'll go out of business (like yourself I guess). Sure they may have debts...how do you know how they incurred it? Maybe the ruouble fell, maybe they have too much pension money going out...how can anyone come to the conclusion that it's got to do with their design or jets not selling (especially when the combat jets are still doing so well)? Make no mistakes, Migs past isn't glorified and their future's gonna be on for a loooong time as among THE dominant players. In range, experience, engineering capabilities and industrial strength they are rivalled by VERY VERY few.

Guynextdoor...

I beleive the Mig-29K deal is worth over 3 billion alone, Mig has also secured other deals. Not to mention upgrade programs.

ironicaly... perhaps in 2007 when IAF cheif Tyiagi saw F-16 on static display.... he immediately declared Russian Mig-35 as empty shells and he went on stating that he is looking for a/c to win wars and not for aerobatics. which was very cruel considering that Russina pilots performed cobra menuvars.

In this in bizzaro world? India ordered 45 Mig-29K's, while Russia ordered 24, there are also a number of other countries that have ordered or received Mig-29's with in the last several years.

Indians had to buy the initial Mig 29 K's as no other Naval carrier aircraft was available to them when the order was placed. The follow on order came due to the need to commonize the fleet in the future.

I am willing to bet India will not buy another Russian carrier aircraft(not aware of any new jets either) after the Mig 29 K purchase.

ironicaly... perhaps in 2007 when IAF cheif Tyiagi saw F-16 on static display.... he immediately declared Russian Mig-35 as empty shells and he went on stating that he is looking for a/c to win wars and not for aerobatics. which was very cruel considering that Russina pilots performed cobra menuvars.

Ironic that outdated Mig-29's have been able to get kills against F-16's and F-18's in mock combat.

Here is that empty shell quote, and it says nothing about the Mig-35 but aircraft in general.

"Any aircraft is nothing but a khokha (shell), but what matters is what is inside it,"

You need to be careful with what you say this is the third time you have been dishonest, twisted facts, or just posted something without a full understanding.

Last edited:
case is cleared up get over with come back to the thread topic ok?
And Yes before your call others fanboys you yourself are projecting like one, a debt is a debt it is a sign of trouble when a large corporate has financial crisis and govt has to fund it.

Chinese reference because it's the fanboys who think that becuase they've started making some planes the russians'll go out of business

Nobody said russian will go out of business, sukhoi is going very strong (read my previous posts will you). There are many nations operating F-7 variants and satisfied, these are the best markets/customer for FC-1/Thunder and some of them already evaluated/evaluating and it does panic other sellers, many new customers will emerge. google Chinese maker of "some planes" sold F-7 variants to 18 Nations including itself, a very successful product indeed.

But that's F 16 not any Plane. I said VERY VERY few Rivals and F 16 is a worthy enough one.

Fact of the matter is that the Chinese Jf17 thunder is a excellent choice for low income countries in africa and elsewhere, because it does the job or as i say does what it says on the tin.

Ras...india is already working on lca naval variant for future carrier borne fighter, i am not sure india is to replace harriers will mig-29s or lca-n, we can't be sure considering india keep very old inventory flying they might order more refurbished retired future russian mig-29s for their indigenous aircraft carriers.

case is cleared up get over with come back to the thread topic ok?
And Yes before your call others fanboys you yourself are projecting like one, a debt is a debt it is a sign of trouble when a large corporate has financial crisis and govt has to fund it.

Chinese reference because it's the fanboys who think that becuase they've started making some planes the russians'll go out of business

Nobody said russian will go out of business, sukhoi is going very strong (read my previous posts will you). There are many nations operating F-7 variants and satisfied, these are the best markets/customer for FC-1/Thunder and some of them already evaluated/evaluating and it does panic other sellers, many new customers will emerge. google Chinese maker of "some planes" sold F-7 variants to 18 Nations including itself, a very successful product indeed.
No it's not. You've gotta look at what brought on the debt to understand whether it's an organization's inability to come up with good products. Want an example? Look at how much of GM's debt was becuase of expensive pension fund payouts? Maybe the russian airforce promised projects but never bought them after developing the products becuase they didn't have budgets...who knows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom