What's new

Rules to sell the fake

Salik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Two years back i was to buy an upper/jacket so i went to a well known market. In one garment store the shopkeeper showed me a leather jacket, very well stitched, fit and graceful. He said it was the only piece and was an excellent thing. I said ok. I made a round of the market and saw different varities. But that jacket caught the attention, plus salesmanship of that person was different than the others, praising the jacket more as if it was the best. I finalized it and was happy to make a good deal.

Used it that winter, everything was fine. Then next winter put it out and wore it. Happened to stretch my arm and then it tore, from the front. Then more cuts here and there, it started to depreciate. I was surprised that what was happening and what kind of leather was it. Anyways it was revealed that it was made of fake material.

So the rule to sell the fake i got was that the salesman would sell the object with more praise and assurance.

Last edited:
ii. The vendor will sell his product with enthusiasm. He'll personally approach you and try to convince by encircling you and getting your complete focus. Mostly he'll repeat his points.

33pc38w.jpg

:P keep in mind the vendor will throw good stuff first which is often a bluff in case of women because ladies tend to overlook the first commodities shown to them, thinking the shopkeepers want to sell you the low ones first so they ask for showing more and thus the shopkeeper eventually sell them the products which are not that good.

Should avoid real leather as its animal abuse. I have a collection of biker jackets, but they are of decent quality and lasted over years

:P keep in mind the vendor will throw good stuff first which is often a bluff in case of women because ladies tend to overlook the first commodities shown to them, thinking the shopkeepers want to sell you the low ones first so they ask for showing more and thus the shopkeeper eventually sell them the products which are not that good.

Looks like you have done extensive research, baal dhoop main golden kiay nahi lagtay.

Looks like you have done extensive research, baal dhoop main golden kiay nahi lagtay.

:P nai phul wali sarkar online walon nay bankrupt kar dia bakwas quality expensive kharid kharid k now I started visiting almost each shop, have price and quality comparison and then buying :P at last whenever It is needed. So ab samjh aa gai hay k market main kia tricks use kartay hain. sab say bari baat yeh hay k when they say it is of Rs8000 or so then you have to cut the price by more than the half of that rate.

:P nai phul wali sarkar online walon nay bankrupt kar dia bakwas quality expensive kharid kharid k now I started visiting almost each shop, have price and quality comparison and then buying :P at last whenever It is needed. So ab samjh aa gai hay k market main kia tricks use kartay hain. sab say bari baat yeh hay k when they say it is of Rs8000 or so then you have to cut the price by more than the half of that rate.

Two years back i was to buy an upper/jacket so i went to a well known market. In one garment store the shopkeeper showed me a leather jacket, very well stitched, fit and graceful. He said it was the only piece and was an excellent thing. I said ok. I made a round of the market and saw different varities. But that jacket caught the attention, plus salesmanship of that person was different than the others, praising the jacket more as if it was the best. I finalized it and was happy to make a good deal.

Used it that winter, everything was fine. Then next winter put it out and wore it. Happened to stretch my arm and then it tore, from the front. Then more cuts here and there, it started to depreciate. I was surprised that what was happening and what kind of leather was it. Anyways it was revealed that it was made of fake material.

So the rule to sell the fake i got was that the salesman would sell the object with more praise and assurance.

Bad luck mate, hope you get real deal next time.

Here are few common ways to identify fake leather.
  • When buying leather, look for minor defects. Genuine leather DOES have minor abnormalities like pores and wrinkles here and there. If you find leather looks outstanding and flaw-less, that is one hint that you are looking at fabricated material.
  • A second test is fire-test, put genuine leather on the flame of a cigarette lighter (fire) for 30 seconds and it would NOT catch fire. Fabricated materials have glue and petroleum based adhesives which starts to burn.
  • A third test can be putting a drop of water on the surface of material. Real leather absorbs the water while fabricated ones use glue which fills pores and thus water stays afloat.
There are more ways mentioned here. http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-Genuine-Leather

Last edited:
Sadly this is exactly the reason why people fork over extra money at a well established chain store instead of some sweet mom& pop store where the prices are reasonable.

which is why I stick to brands.... also are not leather jackets too heavy for the amount of insulation they give?

Sadly this is exactly the reason why people fork over extra money at a well established chain store instead of some sweet mom& pop store where the prices are reasonable.

Where majority of folks economic condition is not that developed they go for 'reasonable prices' to pass few days, in the long run they get the loss but. Such vendors are good people for them. The vendors too become brave that they are serving the public.

On the other side, why are the quality chains costly? Because they've to pay extra duties to mismanaged govts.

So we need to correct both ends, crackdown on fakes and improvement on top level.

Back
Top Bottom