What's new

Role of Armed forces in current political turmoil in Bangladesh

cross posted:

In every nation there is check and balance. In Bangladesh the fire power of Gopalganj Police, BGB, RAB and Awami goons, can only be balanced and checked by Armed forces, which has a bigger fire power. But Armed forces have become a "mercenary" force due to the UN Peace Keeping duty. I have a feeling that the West now controls our Army decision making, more than anyone else, because our Army will never want to loose this money source of personal incomes (around US$200-300 million) that they receive from these UN duties. And India has convinced the West that unless Bangladesh remains under Indo-Awami thumb, Bangladesh will become the next Afghanistan. The irony is that precisely this arrangement by the West at India's instigation of keeping Awami dictatorship is turning Bangladesh towards an eventual path of extremism. A wiser path for the West would be to rethink their policy about Bangladesh and decouple India from this policy in the very near future. If West wants it, they can instruct the Army to take over and hold an election under their control. My question to concerned Bangladeshi's in the forum, if Army takes over and removes the AL-India leaning officers, is it possible to have a free and fair election under 100% Army control, ballot centers under Army control, ballot boxes collected at Army centers and ballots counted by Army personnel?

If the West does not listen, then they should not blame us later if we dump them forever and go for China, when the time comes to choose between the West and China. And they should not blame us also, if because of the stupidity of their policy, we have a new Afghanistan developing in Bangladesh.

Hefajat members who died, there is an effort to collect information about them, but Awami goons have been busy trying to intimidate the Madrasa students and even reached some of the victims family to shut their mouth, with money and threats against their life.

And BNP shares some blame, but it was a tactical mistake by the entire opposition alliance, BNP-Jamaat-Hefajat. They did not coordinate enough and they did not consider the worst case scenario, if they did, they could minimize the loss of life. But every bad situations have silver lining, from this incident, it is now crystal clear where every one stands whats strengths or weaknesses each have:

- Armed forces
- AL with its police, RAB, BGB, goons etc.
- BNP-Jamaat, Hefajat

From now on all political activities must take into account Indo-Awami hatred of Muslims and looking for opportunity to kill and massacre and hide evidence at every opportunity they get. This is no longer a democracy, it is now a situation just like Syria.

cross posted:

When there is no rule of law and no justice, people take up law in their own hand and some use religious extremism to get even with the oppressors. I do not support religious extremism period. But we should all know what pushes people towards religious extremism, how they find an opening to get into a society. First there has to be injustice, second there has to be sponsors of extremism who are interested to spread it for their geopolitical goals. Because of secular extremist Awami Leaguers and their Indian supporters, we have the first condition fulfilled. Now as soon as this situation gets into the radar of wealthy foreign nationals who want to spread their extremist version of Islam, the 2nd condition will be fulfilled. I squarely blame our Army for the emergence of this situation and who ever they are receiving instructions from to not intervene and take out this dictatorial regime and bring democracy back by holding a free and fair election. The Army (with whoever's instruction they are following) has failed our nation, because they could not do their job when we needed them most. The Army still has time to do their part. But if these scum Awami's orchestrate another sham rigged election and come back to power, then we can say that Army has truly failed us. I for one will urge everyone here to spread the word and support the following:
- strip the Army and its welfare association of all businesses
- strip their UN Peace Keeping duty by law
- establish alternate power centers that are more powerful than Army, like Marines and National Guard, who can save the nation, even if the Army fails us, like they are doing now

cross posted:

When there is no rule of law and no justice, people take up law in their own hand and some use religious extremism to get even with the oppressors. I do not support religious extremism period. But we should all know what pushes people towards religious extremism, how they find an opening to get into a society. First there has to be injustice, second there has to be sponsors of extremism who are interested to spread it for their geopolitical goals. Because of secular extremist Awami Leaguers and their Indian supporters, we have the first condition fulfilled. Now as soon as this situation gets into the radar of wealthy foreign nationals who want to spread their extremist version of Islam, the 2nd condition will be fulfilled. I squarely blame our Army for the emergence of this situation and who ever they are receiving instructions from to not intervene and take out this dictatorial regime and bring democracy back by holding a free and fair election. The Army (with whoever's instruction they are following) has failed our nation, because they could not do their job when we needed them most. The Army still has time to do their part. But if these scum Awami's orchestrate another sham rigged election and come back to power, then we can say that Army has truly failed us. I for one will urge everyone here to spread the word and support the following:
- establish alternate power centers that are more powerful than Army, like Marines and National Guard, who can save the nation, even if the Army fails us, like they are doing now

Thank you. I heard that 9/11 was an immediate outcome of such blackmailing (i.e Army was forced to take a step so that they wouldn't have to be deprived of taking part in UN peacekeeping missions). Some months ago I tried to convey this same message in another thread on this forum but failed to convince anyone.

cross posted:

Thank you. I heard that 1/11 was an immediate outcome of such blackmailing (i.e Army was forced to take a step so that they wouldn't have to be deprived of taking part in UN peacekeeping missions). Some months ago I tried to convey this same message in another thread on this forum but failed to convince anyone.

Thank you. I heard that 9/11 was an immediate outcome of such blackmailing (i.e Army was forced to take a step so that they wouldn't have to be deprived of taking part in UN peacekeeping missions). Some months ago I tried to convey this same message in another thread on this forum but failed to convince anyone.

I think it was 1/11.

1) AL govt is manipulating the timings of hartals and agitations by throwing baits at the opposition which it is eagerly biting on hopes that this will result in the fall of government.

2) BNP leadership and field workers are getting tired and discouraged by the long and continuous battles in the streets. They will have less energy in December when the final battle has to be fought before the present govt resigns. BNP workers are not as strong or Shaitan as AL workers can be.

3) BKZ said controversial military intervention comments in a Bogra gathering. She also talked ill of the rescue operation by the military in Savar.

4) Now, she is trying to cover up her stupidity by praising military after Reshma was rescued. But, it is too late.

5) BKZ sent the frigate Bangabandhu to a museum and wanted to sell the eight mig-29s bought by AL govt when she came to power in 2001. She failed to foresee the reaction within the military. So, military was not kind to her and BNP when it took over in 2007.

6) AL govt bought multi-billion dollars worth of weapons in its two terms in power. It makes the military happy.

7) It is wrong to expect a direct military takeover even if AL does not accept a CTG system and there are continuous agitations in the streets.

I personally don't know IKB, but I doubt that IKB would be that dumb, knowing fully well the political affiliations of his life long colleagues.

Please read my post again. Here is the sequence of events I am predicting:

- more Hartal gherao shutdown from BNP/Jamaat/Hefajat and more mass killings by Hasina
- sporadic revenge killings of police/RAB/BGB in rural areas
- a sham rigged election by Hasina in Jan, 2014 where no opposition party will participate
- a full scale insurgency may take shape against police/RAB/BGB and extremism may finally develop in Bangladesh
- Army will get green signal from the West to intervene to stop the rise of extremism
- Army will declare election in 3 months
- BNP/Jamaat alliance will come to power
- AL supporters will escape to India and Hasina will be charged with mass killings

Isn't people of Bangladesh want to declare jamat as a terrorist organisation??

shahbag-protest.jpg

Then how can they choose jamat as their leader???

1) AL propaganda has already rotten whatever image Jamaat had built after 1971.

2) People will think twice before voting if BNP contested election allied with Jamaat. Many neutral voters will either abstain or vote other parties like Jatiyo Party.

3) The best action for BNP may be to tie with President Ershad, if he wants to join his Jatiyo Party with it.

4) I believe, AL will not hang any war criminals this term, but will promise the hangings if elected for the next term. It will use the people's hatred to win the election.

5) BNP will lose its voters if it ties with Jamaat.

6) Moududi worshiper Jamaat should be thrown to the political dustbin once and for all by the voters.

7) I have seen the Jamaatis in this forum, and I have no reason to respect them because they, specially the old ones, do not respect the sovereignty of Bangladesh.

Isn't people of Bangladesh want to declare jamat as a terrorist organisation??

In a word no. What is the rational of branding it as a terrorist organization? Are they running around with AK's are RPG's?

Jamaat is nothing more than a Cold War-era relic.

cross posted:

@ Dear Kalu_miah, why you are blamming the poor army. Army is not a separtae entity. It is a part of the govt. It's all promotion, posting, facilities are being controlled by the army. Moreso, an Armed Force officer can be sent home at any time if the Govt wishes. This is written in our constitution. This black Law was introduced by Sk Mujibur Rahman once 4th Amendment was promulgated which is known as President's Order- 9.

@ Now, remember one think, the moment military is out from the Cantonment, his very first step is illegal. However, once everything is lost only then you can expect that some thing coming over !!!!

@ Dear Kalu_miah, why you are blamming the poor army. Army is not a separtae entity. It is a part of the govt. It's all promotion, posting, facilities are being controlled by the army. Moreso, an Armed Force officer can be sent home at any time if the Govt wishes. This is written in our constitution. This black Law was introduced by Sk Mujibur Rahman once 4th Amendment was promulgated which is known as President's Order- 9.

@ Now, remember one think, the moment military is out from the Cantonment, his very first step is illegal. However, once everything is lost only then you can expect that some thing coming over !!!!

By bringing AWAMY dalals in power, MUA led army committed the worst illegal act. Now could it repent, atone and rectify its mess by getting out of cantonment once again? Would it be any worse sin than MUA's treachery? Or the army God was only made off of dalali of bigger gun holder?

1) AL propaganda has already rotten whatever image Jamaat had built after 1971.

2) People will think twice before voting if BNP contested election allied with Jamaat. Many neutral voters will either abstain or vote other parties like Jatiyo Party.

3) The best action for BNP may be to tie with President Ershad, if he wants to join his Jatiyo Party with it.

4) I believe, AL will not hang any war criminals this term, but will promise the hangings if elected for the next term. It will use the people's hatred to win the election.

5) BNP will lose its voters if it ties with Jamaat.

6) Moududi worshiper Jamaat should be thrown to the political dustbin once and for all by the voters.

7) I have seen the Jamaatis in this forum, and I have no reason to respect them because they, specially the old ones, do not respect the sovereignty of Bangladesh.

What you said in the above post is true.
But people havent got respect for AL either. I seen in some of the recent elections
whoever the oposition of AL becoming the winner.
If people dont like bnp/al then whom should they support.

What you said in the above post is true.
But people havent got respect for AL either. I seen in some of the recent elections
whoever the oposition of AL becoming the winner.
If people dont like bnp/al then whom should they support.

People should support a party led by a man with experience. President Ershad is old but is not fragile. He has good many literate people around him. AL and BNP both failed. They had jointly made Ershad a villain when these two parties have proved themselves as the true villains. Ershad or no Ershad, but a change should come to put a stop to the cycle of those two bickering women.

In a word no. What is the rational of branding it as a terrorist organization? Are they running around with AK's are RPG's?

But the in house strategist kalu miah wants exactly that, in his own words an armed insurgency against the govt :lol:

Back
Top Bottom