What's new

Role of Armed forces in current political turmoil in Bangladesh

Awami League is not FBI concern, may be it is Indian and RAW concern, so go tell your RAW. You can try FBI, but I doubt you will get much result. I am not afraid, as I have got nothing to hide.

There is no guarantee that people who keep such radical ideas won't try similar things in the US if they are unhappy with something. By advocating an armed insurgency against Police you are essentially endorsing terrorism. It's very important to keep such people on the watch list.

There is no guarantee that people who keep such radical ideas won't try similar things in the US if they are unhappy with something. By advocating an armed insurgency against Police you are essentially endorsing terrorism. It's very important to keep such people on the watch list.

Good, now go report to FBI.

I have heard from people that Army has been neutral, whenever they were deployed by Hasina. They even did not hesitate to beat up Awami League goons.

In this thread, we will consider possible roles of Army in the future.

I have seen Al-Zakir expressed his frustration in one post, about why Army did not step in to protect the Hefajat activists, 2500-3000 of whom were killed while they were sleeping.

I will not try to justify Army's actions or in-actions. But at this point, Army cannot move without Hasina's order. If and when they do move without Hasina's orders, that will be the time when this govt. falls and Army takes over.

Instead of criticizing Army, I will point out that perhaps the management or leadership of Hefajat were quite careless themselves. When they declared that they will make this govt. fall, they had to expect harsh response at any hour of the day. They should have been more vigilant, with watch guards at different street corners, far away from the gathering, to warn people of any impending attack. None of this seems to have been done, as the attacking force found Hefajat activists completely off guard.

Now the real issue is where does Army stand. My feeling is that Army soldiers/Jawans, majority of whom are Muslims from rural areas (not sure about Hindu percentage among soldiers, if any one knows please post it), will never fire on unarmed activists and protesters, instead they will try to protect them, if they are deployed. Hasina tried it a few times and failed to use Army for her genocidal appetite.

Misrule and mass killings by Awami League regime are escalating, once they reach a certain level against protesting public, only then Army will step in to restore law and order. In this thread I would like to hear people's opinion about whether they support an Army take over and why. And what should happen after an Army take over? Should Army manage an election within 3 months or should they wait for 2 years like Gen. Moeen did during the last Army take over?

Army is trained to kill.. whenever they were deployed to disburse mob by regardless who it is, there will be killing.

Kalu_Miah's fantasy knows no bound...

Army is trained to kill.. whenever they were deployed to disburse mob by regardless who it is, there will be killing.

Kalu_Miah's fantasy knows no bound...

Are you suggesting that army crack down on mobs? What are you smoking? :woot:

:taz:golf is a gentleman's game, i freaking love it....if it makes you any happy ikb does not play golf:smart:

Glad to hear that. Man's a real trooper :tup:

Golf is only for sissies.

I guess they are too busy playing golf :coffee:

Not necessarily almost all.

I disagree with the comments.
You people instigate soldiers to intervene and within few days you say army is eating everything.
Army is a disciplined force. It must not interfere in the current situation. If army has to takeover everything when disasters come, then why to keep all those civil organizations, ministries...
Let the good sense of the leadership take control of the situation.

You people instigate soldiers to intervene and within few days you say army is eating everything.
Army is a disciplined force. It must not interfere in the current situation. If army has to takeover everything when disasters come, then why to keep all those civil organizations, ministries...

if we check , last time when Army was in power, BNP was the main victim, how did they forget ? :disagree:

I completely disagree with your last comment.
Who are our leaders now?illiterate thief liar killer chit .what good sense you are expecting from them?

That is true. But the situation is getting quickly out of hand, coupled with one scam after another. Someone certainly cooked up a $hit-storm for no reason.

Perhaps you can ask @iajdani as to why he justifies using the army against civilians. Perhaps then your statement would have credibility.

And as far as good sense of leadership is concerned......what can I say about this? :lol:

Our finance minister termed the Savar tragedy as 'not serious'.

Our prime minister outwardly denied that the owner is a Jubo League hotshot. And likely that he may be given presidential pardon.

Control of a situation is also a factor.

I can add even more.

If that's 'good leadership' to you, then.....:lol:

if we check , last time when Army was in power, BNP was the main victim, how did they forget ? :disagree:

That is nothing like what happened to BNP. Though, another 1/11 seems likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true. But the situation is getting quickly out of hand, coupled with one scam after another. Someone certainly cooked up a $hit-storm for no reason.

Perhaps you can ask @iajdani as to why he justifies using the army against civilians. Perhaps then your statement would have credibility.

And as far as good sense of leadership is concerned......what can I say about this? :lol:

Our finance minister termed the Savar tragedy as 'not serious'.

Our prime minister outwardly denied that the owner is a Jubo League hotshot. And likely that he may be given presidential pardon.

Control of a situation is also a factor.

I can add even more.

If that's 'good leadership' to you, then.....:lol:

That is nothing like what happened to BNP. Though, another 1/11 seems likely.
To Loki and the Just,
My heart also bleeds like you...
But I sincerely hope that at the middle of the night, the leadership (both A and B) will wake up from deep sleep and say, it is enough. Let us unite the nation....

Last edited by a moderator:
To Loki and the Just,
But I sincerely hope that at the middle of the night, the leadership (both A and B) will wake up from deep sleep and say, it is enough. Let us unite the nation....

Well said mate.

Until then, the army stay in their barracks. And will have no role in firing upon mobs with high caliber weaponry. That'll ensure an end to all UN Peacekeeping missions abroad, and that would dent the nation's image tremendously.

I guess patience is what all can use!

To Loki and the Just,
Nice thought. Though I don't see how that is possible in reality. Most of us BD ppl have a tendency to bury our head like ostrich when something gets out of our control. And while we are dreaming - M DALIM IS MY ONLY WISH.

Nice thought. Though I don't see how that is possible in reality. Most of us BD ppl have a tendency to bury our head like ostrich when something gets out of our control. And while we are dreaming - M DALIM IS MY ONLY WISH.

Why should another Dalim rescue an ungrateful bunch. What did Dalim and his co get from ungrateful people beside Zillat. No Dalim this time. You are your own body.

1.In Muslim societies the military enjoys a special place that is absent elsewhere. We accept military intervention when politics get messy - specially in the colonial prescription of governance.

2. Hasina has been able to blackmail the ND military into believing that Indian military will move in to protect her govt if it is under threat from her own armed forces. Meanwhile India has been able to obtain for free from a grateful Hasina all that India desired. The Americans are happy to see Indian domination replacing Chinese friendship.

Back
Top Bottom