What's new

Role of Armed forces in current political turmoil in Bangladesh

Yes, seriously, blame Awami scums for cutting electricity and not allowing journalists to record the incident, but truth is coming out from eye witnesses, people were lined up and shot inside the stadium.

Unfortunately neutral observers don't go by unsubstantiated reports. Besides you can't just kill 3000 in one night and hide all the details, not in this day and age. This is Bangladesh we are talking about not North Korea. So we can't just take your words for that.

If situation goes out of control of Awami league govt. and Army steps in, do you think Hasina will still remain in power? Whenever Hasina tried to use Army, they beat up police and Awami goons instead and protected Bangladeshi public, rather than carrying out Hasina's orders to suppress them, so far. What makes you think that things will be different in future situations?

So if you are so confident what are you fretting over?

Police, RAB and BGB have already betrayed Bangladeshi masses by siding with Awami scums, they should be at cross hairs of all patriotic Bangladeshi's and should be fair game any place and any time. Once BNP is in power, we need either total disbanding or a really thorough cleansing of these forces. We got plenty of unemployed who would love these govt. jobs.

Police, RAB and BGB are doing their duty of maintaining law and order. I have seen footage of these hefazat guys burning cars, shops, blocking roads. You can't just allow that kind of anarchy to go on. People have the right of peaceful protest, but they can not be allowed to destroy the city.

Unfortunately neutral observers don't go by unsubstantiated reports. Besides you can't just kill 3000 in one night and hide all the details, not in this day and age. This is Bangladesh we are talking about not North Korea. So we can't just take your words for that.

So if you are so confident what are you fretting over?

Police, RAB and BGB are doing there duty of maintaining law and order. I have seen footage of these hefazat guys burning cars, shops, blocking roads. You can't just allow that kind of anarchy to go on. People have the right of peaceful protest, they are not allowed to destroy the city.

If Awami League had nothing to hide then they would not take these steps, so any figure IS believable. This is exactly Awami Leagues doing, because they kept out neutral observers to hide their crime.

What gives you the impression that I am fretting over anything?

Don't worry about OUR police, RAB and BGB, we know what we Bangladeshi's will do with them.

If Awami League had nothing to hide then they would not take these steps, so any figure IS believable. This is exactly Awami Leagues doing, because they kept out neutral observers to hide their crime.

You can believe whatever you want to. In case you missed I was talking about neutral observers, not online propaganda squad. Besides I have seen BBC footage from Dhaka, 3000 deaths won't go unnoticed.

What gives you the impression that I am fretting over anything?

Your first post?

Don't worry about OUR police, RAB and BGB, we know what we Bangladeshi's will do with them.

Why would I ever worry about you police? :lol:

You can believe whatever you want to. In case you missed I was talking about neutral observers, not online propaganda squad. Besides I have seen BBC footage from Dhaka, 3000 deaths won't go unnoticed.

Awami league removed everyone from the scene before committing genocide that neutral observers as you try to invent falsehood. At any case there is eyewitness account that indian team of killers planned and executed massacre along with Awami killers. In such case indian involvement in genocide in Bangladesh will come up.

Awami league removed everyone from the scene before committing genocide that neutral observers as you try to invent falsehood. At any case there is eyewitness account that indian team of killers planned and executed massacre along with Awami killers. In such case indian involvement in genocide in Bangladesh will come up.

We got Awami League mercilessly killing thousands of our people and we got their Indian cheer leaders here trying to hide their crimes. Question is have our people woken up yet? Looking at facebook comments of people, some people seem to have woken up. If mass public start finishing off police, RAB, BGB and Awami goons, only then we can say that this is happening, not before that. When do you think there will be an armed insurgency? Without arms it will be difficult to fight armed people.

Yeah we should all believe idune instead :lol: If your post history is anything to go by I would think twice even if you make the most obvious statements like the sky is blue, water is wet etc.

We got Awami League mercilessly killing thousands of our people and we got their Indian cheer leaders here trying to hide their crimes.

If you are referring to me, I'm not trying to or in any position to hide anything. Even a single loss of life is sad and here you are making up random numbers like 2500-3000. Show me proper reports, other than jamati sources I will believe it.

Yeah we should all believe idune instead :lol: If your post history is anything to go by I would think twice even if you make the most obvious statements like the sky is blue, water is wet etc.

If you are referring to me, I'm not trying to or in any position to hide anything. Even a single loss of life is sad and here you are making up random numbers like 2500-3000. Show me proper reports, other than jamati sources I will believe it.

idune is quite knowledgeable about internal matters in Bangladesh. It seems conspiracy theory because truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

2500-3000 is the best estimate from eye witness accounts. More information and details will come out in time. There is always a chance we could be wrong, at least we hope to be. Killing so many people, just because they became a political threat is unimaginable. Not sure how police, RAB, BGB and Awami goons can get away with this. Will India give these people and their families assylum, when they are running for their lives?

I have heard from people that Army has been neutral, whenever they were deployed by Hasina. They even did not hesitate to beat up Awami League goons.

In this thread, we will consider possible roles of Army in the future.

I have seen Al-Zakir expressed his frustration in one post, about why Army did not step in to protect the Hefajat activists, 2500-3000 of whom were killed while they were sleeping.

I will not try to justify Army's actions or in-actions. But at this point, Army cannot move without Hasina's order. If and when they do move without Hasina's orders, that will be the time when this govt. falls and Army takes over.

Instead of criticizing Army, I will point out that perhaps the management or leadership of Hefajat were quite careless themselves. When they declared that they will make this govt. fall, they had to expect harsh response at any hour of the day. They should have been more vigilant, with watch guards at different street corners, far away from the gathering, to warn people of any impending attack. None of this seems to have been done, as the attacking force found Hefajat activists completely off guard.

Now the real issue is where does Army stand. My feeling is that Army soldiers/Jawans, majority of whom are Muslims from rural areas (not sure about Hindu percentage among soldiers, if any one knows please post it), will never fire on unarmed activists and protesters, instead they will try to protect them, if they are deployed. Hasina tried it a few times and failed to use Army for her genocidal appetite.

How much more blood Awami need spill on green Bd for so called Army to intervene. I don't necessary mean they have to take over power. All they have to do is pressure Awami thugs to back off and restore CTG for betterment of the nation. Army is not there to defend the country from outside intruder only rather they have responsibilities to defends the nation interest. If you asked me, Bd army failed miserably for last 4 years or so. Most of you guys still believe that Bd army is nationalist(desh premik) but I think otherwise. They are sold out punks.

What happened in 5th may was unbelievable to say the least. It was pure cold blooded panned murders of un-armed tired civilian. What I came to know from various news source is that some were sleeping, some were praying and other were just hanging around. Squad of 10K armed Awami killers surround them from 3 sides and stared to kill them mercilessly. While this was happening, not so far from Army base, Bd's so called Army was sucking their fingers. F#CK those Hijras and lanat on their rotten souls. I am sorry but this what feel about those sold out geedars.

I'll apologize the day I see Army acting as defenders of the nation.

How much more blood Awami need spill on green Bd for so called Army to intervene. I don't necessary mean they have to take over power. All they have to do is pressure Awami thugs to back off and restore CTG for betterment of the nation. Army is not there to defend the country from outside intruder only rather they have responsibilities to defends the nation interest. If you asked me, Bd army failed miserably for last 4 years or so. Most of you guys still believe that Bd army is nationalist(desh premik) but I think otherwise. They are sold out punks.

What happened in 5th may was unbelievable to say the least. It was pure cold blooded panned murders of un-armed tired civilian. What I came to know from various news source is that some were sleeping, some were praying and other were just hanging around. Squad of 10K armed Awami killers surround them from 3 sides and stared to kill them mercilessly. While this was happening, not so far from Army base, Bd's so called Army was sucking their fingers. F#CK those Hijras and lanat on their rotten souls. I am sorry but this what feel about those sold out geedars.

I'll apologize the day I see Army acting as defenders of the nation.

I understand your feeling. Hefajat leadership on the ground should not have believed promises made by Awami League and should have stood guard for possible attacks.

Problem with Army is that the chain of command has been sold out, as aazidane mentioned in his post. Also I heard IKB had a two hour meeting with Hasina on the same day before this incident took place. So I think the Army top brass knew about it.

So the entire chain of command, specially senior officers are complicit in this crime. So no mercy should be shown for them, when the time comes.

Our only hope is the common soldiers. But they can be effective, only after they are deployed and they have an opportunity to break the chain of command. But they will not be deployed till Hasina looses control with her police, RAB, BGB and goons.

So we got 2 possible outcomes after an armed insurgency against police, RAB, BGB and Awami goons and once the situation is out of Hasina's control:

1. Army will deploy and soldiers will revolt against the Army chain of command and side with the people rather than the regime

2. Army will deploy and soldiers will not revolt, in this scenario, the insurgency will have to be fought against Army loyalists as well, whereas some will defect and join the revolution

In the 2nd case, the insurgency war will be longer and more bloody.

Bhasani said before his death to Major Dalim, that we are now half independent. An new independence war will have to be fought on Bangladesh soil now, this time to make us fully independent and finish off all traitors among our midst.

I understand your feeling. Hefajat leadership on the ground should not have believed promises made by Awami League and should have stood guard for possible attacks.

They only brought Janamaz, tashbih and bamboo stick with them. How are they suppose to defend bullet?

They only brought Janamaz, tashbih and bamboo stick with them. How are they suppose to defend bullet?

I think they were caught off guard, because they did not place guards at different places to monitor police activity and forewarn the group. If they were sufficiently warned, they could at least leave the place in a more organized way, get into large commercial buildings or find some way to protect themselves and thus minimize the loss of lives. When planning an operation, one must look at all contingency situations and plan for escape routes.

Several things we learned from this experience:

1. For non violent resistance like this, they cannot stay overnight, specially in an unfamiliar city. Taking advantage of the darkness, these Awami animals will kill and totally eliminate the evidence including the dead body.
2. So by necessity nonviolent unarmed resistance must be done in broad day light and there should be no more overnight stay, as the "jamai ador" from govt. will be the opposite of the treatment that Shahbaghi's have received
3. Taking advantage of day light, all brutal actions of police, BGB, RAB and AL goons must be video taped. For this an army of activists has to be trained. This videotaping and collecting evidence of AL crimes is as important as any resistance operation themselves, because these can be used to unmask the true face of AL to the whole world, including internation criminal court and Bangladeshi courts in later years
4. All activists must be organized under group leaders, just like an army chain of command, this way, the operation can be better organized and it will be easy to find out exact numbers if anyone goes missing
3. It will be better to concentrate on smaller cities with local activists and leave Dhaka for Dhakaites for now and concentrate on Dhaka at later stages
4. Awami League is now in a kill or be killed mode, they know their situation better than anyone else, so any opposition engagement with them has to be carefully planned to minimize loss of lives and inflict maximum damage on Awami League supporting goons, police, BGB and RAB
5. Finally armed resistance has to begin at some point and people should start training. Operational decisions will start coming from opposition leaders at appropriate time.

Non violent resistance need strategy and planning, just like any war situation. It is war by a different means. It is not a picnic.

So the entire chain of command, specially senior officers are complicit in this crime. So no mercy should be shown for them, when the time comes.

So we got 2 possible outcomes after an armed insurgency against police, RAB, BGB and Awami goons and once the situation is out of Hasina's control:

Taliban Alert :mod:

So you are advocating for an armed insurgency against the establishment and a democratically elected govt. Are you going to join your brothers in Bangladesh or will you just watch from the sidelines in the US when they die?

I hope you are under FBI watch for such radical ideas.

only 3000 people killed and so much nautanki? Mamta didi killed 1 million people alone after coming to power.
We dont make a fuss, she wont get vote next time, thats all. :rofl:

Legend has it, Mamata herself killed almost 10 K by making them listening her singing. So hardcore!

As it is inside Army now,three major dividing group's are running side by side.#1:AL(this group represent only AL they do not care about central command)they will follow the AL dictatorship without question. #2:BNP and pro BNP minded,this group support BNP and will welcome them as next gov: but they will not jeopardize their position in army,also they will try to maintain the chain of command from inside the army.#3:in last 10years the new cadets and junior ranked officers inside army is now the main target of previous two groups,both groups want them in their league. As I have understood from some of them,they are still testing the water.but openly not yet interested to show their alliance.

This is very good info. Please keep us updated as you get more info, unless it is too sensitive.

The thing that all of us need to do is gauge the public mood. We will know that in a few months which way the wind is blowing. The 3rd group of young officers need to be with the public no matter what as they are the ones that are closest to the soldiers/jawans. This is for their, the army's as well as the country's safety. This is their sacred duty, the central reason why we have the armed forces.

The 2nd group should be left alone for now and the first group should be dealt with at a more appropriate time.

Taliban Alert :mod:

So you are advocating for an armed insurgency against the establishment and a democratically elected govt. Are you going to join your brothers in Bangladesh or will you just watch from the sidelines in the US when they die?

I hope you are under FBI watch for such radical ideas.

Awami League is not FBI concern, may be it is Indian and RAW concern, so go tell your RAW. You can try FBI, but I doubt you will get much result. I am not afraid, as I have got nothing to hide.

Back
Top Bottom