What's new

Role of Armed forces in current political turmoil in Bangladesh

kalu_miah

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I have heard from people that Army has been neutral, whenever they were deployed by Hasina. They even did not hesitate to beat up Awami League goons.

In this thread, we will consider possible roles of Army in the future.

I have seen Al-Zakir expressed his frustration in one post, about why Army did not step in to protect the Hefajat activists, 2500-3000 of whom were killed while they were sleeping.

I will not try to justify Army's actions or in-actions. But at this point, Army cannot move without Hasina's order. If and when they do move without Hasina's orders, that will be the time when this govt. falls and Army takes over.

Instead of criticizing Army, I will point out that perhaps the management or leadership of Hefajat were quite careless themselves. When they declared that they will make this govt. fall, they had to expect harsh response at any hour of the day. They should have been more vigilant, with watch guards at different street corners, far away from the gathering, to warn people of any impending attack. None of this seems to have been done, as the attacking force found Hefajat activists completely off guard.

Now the real issue is where does Army stand. My feeling is that Army soldiers/Jawans, majority of whom are Muslims from rural areas (not sure about Hindu percentage among soldiers, if any one knows please post it), will never fire on unarmed activists and protesters, instead they will try to protect them, if they are deployed. Hasina tried it a few times and failed to use Army for her genocidal appetite.

Misrule and mass killings by Awami League regime are escalating, once they reach a certain level against protesting public, only then Army will step in to restore law and order. In this thread I would like to hear people's opinion about whether they support an Army take over and why. And what should happen after an Army take over? Should Army manage an election within 3 months or should they wait for 2 years like Gen. Moeen did during the last Army take over?

@aazidane is it ok to merge this thread with the one I just created, as it has a slightly more descriptive topic and I posted it a few minutes earlier?

If it is ok with you, then we can ask Loki to merge these two threads into one. I will respond to your post in the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
@aazidane is it ok to merge this thread with the one I just created, as it has a slightly more descriptive topic and I posted it a few minutes earlier?

If it is ok with you, then we can ask Loki to merge these two threads into one. I will respond to your post in the other thread.

posters need to know how useless our army is, since the whole nation is looking up to our army.

Last edited by a moderator:
An army intervention is quite unlikely at this stage, unless jamaat shibir/hefazot e islami makes the situation go to an extent where the police and rab thugs completely fails.

general of 9 db savar is a birbikrom, he is a birbikrom who received his title of birbikrom by getting shot in the arse from running away from shanti bahini. He comes from some village and got his promotion through extreme sucking up of awami league, you might call him a chatra league general. His efficiency was proven during his work at the savar tragedy where he was flashing his red fire brigade hat with 2 stars, with no sweating or mud on the hat. He wears 2 astrology crap rings on his fingers, his boss colonel shahid wears 9.

lt. general moinul islam: is a ghoti, was involved in zia killing, at that age he was just a second lieutenant, so he was pardoned. He runs a secular bharath agenda...you do the math

general of 46th brigade is hasina's close relative....i forgot the rest of the detail, because he lacks any kind of leadership skills or any sort of nationalistic feeling...another chatra league general.....

DG bgb: he is not even bangladeshi, brother of a known gangster who was pardoned by the good riddance dead president zillur bastard.

I have been reading a lot of crap recently about how our army chief set up the new dg dgfi, that is absolutely untrue, our army chief has no input in dgfi, not even transfer of a dumb major. Its all done by defense adviser or some moron from the prime minister's office.

the situation needs to deteriorate so bad that the army has no option but to intervene......IKB is our only hope.....May Allah save Bangladesg....goodbye and goodluck.

Thanks for the info.

Good to know that we have at least one neutral officer and he is at the top, but I think the biggest hope is the common soldiers. In 1975, a sepoy mutiny brought Zia to power, same thing can happen again.

I am not sure how Hasina managed to involve BGB in Shapla Chattar massacre, but I think Army will refuse to carry out any genocidal orders like this.

If the Army stays neutral, Police, RAB and even BGB can be tackled in the country side, with an armed insurgency if needed at later stages after a few more non violent stand off and govt. sponsored mass killings. I think when an armed insurgency starts and all of Hasina's assets start loosing, only at that situation Army will take over.

What country is DG BGB from?

Is it only me or anyone else believe that almost all muslim countries pampers its army too much.

Thanks for the info.

Good to know that we have at least one neutral officer and he is at the top, but I think the biggest hope is the common soldiers. In 1975, a sepoy mutiny brought Zia to power, same thing can happen again.

I am not sure how Hasina managed to involve BGB in Shapla Chattar massacre, but I think Army will refuse to carry out any genocidal orders like this.

If the Army stays neutral, Police, RAB and even BGB can be tackled in the country side, with an armed insurgency if needed at later stages after a few more non violent stand off and govt. sponsored mass killings. I think when an armed insurgency starts and all of Hasina's assets start loosing, only at that situation Army will take over.

What country is DG BGB from?

its not 1975 anymore, it general zia became a general at the age of a lieutenant colonel. The army is too big and has great command structure. Our army chief is a lame duck chief, holds no such authority. Lets say he decides to intervene and he calls up the chatra league general at 46th brigade, the chatra league cadre general will simply ignore him....you get the deal?

its not 1975 anymore, it general zia became a general at the age of a lieutenant colonel. The army is too big and has great command structure. Our army chief is a lame duck chief, holds no such authority. Lets say he decides to intervene and he calls up the chatra league general in 56th brigade, the chatra league cadre general will simply ignore him....you get the deal?

I personally don't know IKB, but I doubt that IKB would be that dumb, knowing fully well the political affiliations of his life long colleagues.

Please read my post again. Here is the sequence of events I am predicting:

- more Hartal gherao shutdown from BNP/Jamaat/Hefajat and more mass killings by Hasina
- sporadic revenge killings of police/RAB/BGB in rural areas
- a sham rigged election by Hasina in Jan, 2014 where no opposition party will participate
- a full scale insurgency may take shape against police/RAB/BGB and extremism may finally develop in Bangladesh
- Army will get green signal from the West to intervene to stop the rise of extremism
- Army will declare election in 3 months
- BNP/Jamaat alliance will come to power
- AL supporters will escape to India and Hasina will be charged with mass killings

As it is inside Army now,three major dividing group's are running side by side.#1:AL(this group represent only AL they do not care about central command)they will follow the AL dictatorship without question. #2:BNP and pro BNP minded,this group support BNP and will welcome them as next gov: but they will not jeopardize their position in army,also they will try to maintain the chain of command from inside the army.#3:in last 10years the new cadets and junior ranked officers inside army is now the main target of previous two groups,both groups want them in their league. As I have understood from some of them,they are still testing the water.but openly not yet interested to show their alliance.

I have seen Al-Zakir expressed his frustration in one post, about why Army did not step in to protect the Hefajat activists, 2500-3000 of whom were killed while they were sleeping.

2500-3000 dead? Seriously? :blink:

Personally I don't think the Army will step in as it's an internal law and order issue. But if the situation goes out of control they may have to intervene and help the police in controlling the destructive hardliners.

2500-3000 dead? Seriously? :blink:

Personally I don't think the Army will step in as it's an internal law and order issue. But if the situation goes out of control they may have to intervene and help the police in controlling the destructive hardliners.

Yes, seriously, blame Awami scums for cutting electricity and not allowing journalists to record the incident, but truth is coming out from eye witnesses, people were lined up and shot inside the stadium.

If situation goes out of control of Awami league govt. and Army steps in, do you think Hasina will still remain in power? Whenever Hasina tried to use Army, they beat up police and Awami goons instead and protected Bangladeshi public, rather than carrying out Hasina's orders to suppress them, so far. What makes you think that things will be different in future situations?

Lets not forget that Army soldiers are mostly rural Muslims and they have not yet committed any massacres and killings on Bangladeshi public yet.

Police, RAB and BGB have already betrayed Bangladeshi masses by siding with Awami scums taking part in mass killing of defenseless public, they should be at cross hairs of all patriotic Bangladeshi's and should be fair game any place and any time. Once BNP is in power, we need either total disbanding or a really thorough cleansing of these forces. We got plenty of unemployed who would love these govt. jobs.

only 3000 people killed and so much nautanki? Mamta didi killed 1 million people alone after coming to power.
We dont make a fuss, she wont get vote next time, thats all. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom