What's new

Reviving railways: ‘No plans to lease engines from India’

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Railways has no plans to obtain locomotives on lease from India, according to Divisional Superintendent Munawar Shah.

Talking to APP, he said that the Central Diesel Locomotive Workshop (CDLW) has repaired 117 engines during last one year, which will help improve railways’ efficiency.

“The workshop has overhauled 80 locomotives and repaired 37 engines from October 2011 to November 2012 and these have been handed over to different railway divisions, including Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Multan, Sukkhar, Quetta and Karachi,” he said.

Last month, he said, the workshop overhauled 10 locomotives and as many would be repaired this month. The workshop was functioning to its full capacity round-the-clock and expressed the hope that Pakistan Railways would soon become a profit-earning entity.

Replying to a question, Munawar Shah said Pakistan Railways would soon be able to overcome its deficit and restore more trains in the future on several sections as locomotives were being rehabilitated on a monthly basis.

The government has approved the project “special repair of 150 running locomotives” under the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) and the railways was trying to overcome a shortage of locomotives.

Reviving railways:

I think when ppl make these statements they should post picture of the alleged overhaul

Overhaul word means take the whole engine apart and pretty much make it 90% brand new to 99% and then reassemble the engine

80 Engines in 1 year is remarkable news but pictures and audit is needed to confirm statements

first of all restruture the entire railway management

it should be based on merits and make it independent of government control, i mean the appointments should be made by independent credible people and not the corrupt ministers

i really like how NHA works today, i mean new highways are being built, new plans are being made, it maybe because NHA is pretty independent of govt control

I feel it is a commendable act from your GOV in fixing the engine and keep it running.When engineers from your country can do your job then of course there is no need to depend on others and pay any money for lease.

I feel it is a commendable act from your GOV in fixing the engine and keep it running.When engineers from your country can do your job then of course there is no need to depend on others and pay any money for lease.

Refer to post # 3 .
Remember this is Pakistani engineers you are talking about !!

OH MY With the threat of privatization its amazing how the (jumper cable :enjoy:) are being found and engines coming back ion line Simply amazing.

Tell your mother to get your pea sized brain tested. :tup:

It's the German V2 rocket, retard.

How funny because the video is of an american channel...........who r now a days yr best friends:lol:

This is a true video its not a german but is an indian missile.

How funny because the video is of an american channel...........who r now a days yr best friends:lol:

This is a true video its not a german but is an indian missile.

No, that video was made by some jobless Pakistani like you, who forgot some menial details like the position of DD News on the TV and the DivX mark on the video, which clearly states it's edited.

Laugh on your face.

No, that video was made by some jobless Pakistani like you, who forgot some menial details like the position of DD News on the TV and the DivX mark on the video, which clearly states it's edited.

Laugh on your face.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sirf photoshop aur video editing ati hai in logo ko...taki dhek-2 kar kush ho ska..

Laugh on your face.
Really :rofl::rofl::rofl:
have u really watched the video.:blink:
the female anchor of FOX NEWS is also telling the same who actually shows the video to the public.

Its again its the indian blind patriot whom im talking to:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom