What's new

Requesting to reopen that thread

Hoping to continue the closed thread here.

If the following snippet is true, it supports the OP. The erstwhile East Pakistan is not an Indian state but I presume it is similar to adjacent regions of India. Although West Pakistan was at least four times the size of East Pakistan, wikipedia says it's population was less than that of East Pakistan.

@django @salarsikander @Tergon18

Quoting wiki:

Go to original post and there I have given the link of closed thread. Go to that closed thread. You will get the context.
Extremely Relevant topic that will only fuel mud-slinging.
@waz @Oscar If the thread was closed for good reason, then i don't why it should be allowed to re-opened

Requesting @Kaptaan to use his influence to reopen that thread.

Just what is wrong with that thread? It is not criticizing anyone nor does it bash anyone.

It is a scientific and neutral post. How can moderators/admins close it?

https://defence.pk/threads/reason-w...winning-these-particular-types-of-war.446398/

Your thread is just fantasy. There is nothing more to be discussed. The very statement of India being better prepared for war than the Soviets in their hey day would be laughed at by any commentator.

Your thread is just fantasy. There is nothing more to be discussed. The very statement of India being better prepared for war than the Soviets in their hey day would be laughed at by any commentator.
Oh yeah? Then read the post by this member Kaptaan in that thread. You are indirectly saying Kaptaan is mad.

Oh yeah? Then read the post by this member Kaptaan in that thread. You are indirectly saying Kaptaan is mad.

Did you read all of his post, when he carefully explained why Pakistan was able to hold off India? You wrote specifically about throwing people and resources into battle, and of all places used UP as an example! I can just see how that will pan out with hundreds of thousands of UP men being thrown into battle with no experience, against a determined foe, from which the British Imperial army recruited heavily from. Remember I'm using what Kaptaan posted here. Anyway I didn't lock your thread, another moderator did, and the mud slinging was at epidemic levels within that thread.

Did you read all of his post, when he carefully explained why Pakistan was able to hold off India?
I don't understand how he is saying anything different from what I said. In fact he explicitly stated that he agrees 100% with me.

Did you read all of his post, when he carefully explained why Pakistan was able to hold off India? You wrote specifically about throwing people and resources into battle, and of all places used UP as an example! I can just see how that will pan out with hundreds of thousands of UP men being thrown into battle with no experience, against a determined foe, from which the British Imperial army recruited heavily from. Remember I'm using what Kaptaan posted here. Anyway I didn't lock your thread, another moderator did, and the mud slinging was at epidemic levels within that thread.
A military on it's own is nothing. It is built on the foundations laid by civilian economy and intelligence agencies. The last two factors are stronger if the size of the country is bigger. The real homework is done by civilians. The military merely presents the homework to the outer world. If the number of civilians is higher, the workload is less for them.

Leave alone the insurgency-on-enemy war. Leave alone the economic espionage and sabotage war. Leave alone the diplomacy war. Even the preparation for conventional war is only as good as the civilian economy.

Edit-Add: Even a short border war which doesn't affect civilians depends on the size of civilian economy.

Last edited:
A military on it's own is nothing. It is built on the foundations laid by civilian economy and intelligence agencies. The last two factors are stronger if the size of the country is bigger. The real homework is done by civilians. The military merely presents the homework to the outer world. If the number of civilians is higher, the workload is less for them.

Leave alone the insurgency-on-enemy war. Leave alone the economic espionage and sabotage war. Leave alone the diplomacy war. Even the preparation for conventional war is only as good as the civilian economy.

You forgot to mention one thing, interdependence. Economies the world over now rely on trade to keep their states functioning. Go to war and that all ends with sanctions and embargos. The last time sovereign nations fought one another was a long time ago. There is good reason for that.
As for the civilian angle, they're normal people, and their stomach for war is is shattered once hardship sets in, especially when the war isn't about national survival, but "punishing" a neighbour.

You forgot to mention one thing, interdependence. Economies the world over now rely on trade to keep their states functioning. Go to war and that all ends with sanctions and embargos. The last time sovereign nations fought one another was a long time ago. There is good reason for that.
As for the civilian angle, they're normal people, and their stomach for war is is shattered once hardship sets in, especially when the war isn't about national survival, but "punishing" a neighbour.
Okay. Let me try to explain. Imagine if Pakistan had been as small as Sikkim. Would it hope to win a war with India? Of course Pakistan is not Sikkim but the comparison holds.

Okay. Let me try to explain. Imagine if Pakistan had been as small as Sikkim. Would it hope to win a war with India? Of course Pakistan is not Sikkim but the comparison holds.

Anyway, the thread is locked, plenty was said there. Let's leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom