What's new

*****[Request] Chinese Concept: Railgun Battleship class*****

Huan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any existing visual concept of a specialized battleship designed for using railguns or other types of heavy weapon systems for the 21st Century for China? Just curious.

So far, I found an attractive visual concept for Japan's SDF instead:
BB5061SAKUYA_s.jpg

That would be super awesome though if it happened :)

Rail gun technology has yet to mature, and they consume too much electricity for a ship to power multiple guns at the same time. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. In fact, I think rail gun is a dead end technology. Electro-chemical gun is where the future lies.

Rail gun technology has yet to mature, and they consume too much electricity for a ship to power multiple guns at the same time. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. In fact, I think rail gun is a dead end technology. Electro-chemical gun is where the future lies.
Then how about a nuclear-powered railgun battleship, bigger than the aircraft carrier to house enough reactors for the energy needs?

Then how about a nuclear-powered railgun battleship, bigger than the aircraft carrier to house enough reactors for the energy needs?
For the price and tonnage, you can build a much more effective surface fleet. Battleships became a relic of the past for a reason, rail gun or not.

For now so called rail-gun perhaps nothing than PR and some nation 'wet dream'. The problem with rail-gun concept is 'too heavy or pricey' for recent technology that exist today. So in short, any question about rail-gun such as "how, if, etc" only can answered when technology that supported this concept matured. But for this related technology become mature, it need 'concept' for first step.

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any existing visual concept of a specialized battleship designed for using railguns or other types of heavy weapon systems for the 21st Century for China? Just curious.

So far, I found an attractive visual concept for Japan's SDF instead:
BB5061SAKUYA_s.jpg

The Chinese one :enjoy:
Type 055 1.jpg

Type 055 2.jpg

Type 055 3.jpg

Unlike The Japanese Cartoon material.
The Chinese one is for REAL and Under Building in Jiangnan Shipyard, Shanghai right now :enjoy:

Type 055 4.jpg

For China's Navy in the Future :D
Type 055 C.jpg

That back swept structure is totally necessary.... To reduce drag when cruising at 160 knots?
I like Sci-Fi ish designs until they went totally overboard with form over function.

Which is common in Japanese Anime styled designs.

And these plates on the side...
Kinetic barrier from Mass Effect?

So, any new railgun navy ship concepts for 2020 and beyond?

Back
Top Bottom