What's new

Religion and Country :: Islam and Pakistan

ramu

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan was formed with a strong foundation of Islam. A lot of people would agree with me that being a Muslim, being a Pakistani are two things. We have a large Muslim population outside Pakistan and therefore being a Muslim is different from being a Pakistani is my opinion but please feel free to express your thoughts.

One observation from many neutral observers is that, the working of many functions of the GoP is based on Islam or derived from the teachings. Please let me know if this is correct.

Many people argue that the strength of Pakistan is also its weakness. They also point out that democracy is a distant dream as long as the Army takes on itself the responsibility of being a guardian of the religion. Generals can interpret the teachings in a way that can uproot democratically elected Government and insert themselves at the helm of power. This gives a degree on instability for economic activity and dislodges investment. Further, no concrete framework for today's challenges can be derived if the basic tenets of governance is constrained by religion. Is this a fair comment or do you think otherwise?

I would like to know what my Pakistani friends think about religion and the concept of a nation. Is effective governance possible within the framework of religion? What holds importance to the people of Pakistan and what gives them their identity?

The question of a nation and religion seem to be mixed willingly on several platforms and is visible in the writing of several authors. Pakistan has mixed all aspects of life including cricket with religion as the previous coach(Bob) of Pakistan had expressed in one of his interviews.

Please respond to this thread with your thoughts with a degree of responsibility. I would request all to not turn this thread in to a flame thread.

i think the religion islam serves as the foundations of this country. the biggest blunder after its creation was the survival of feudal system, this feudal system is a hurdle in implementing any effecting governance in pakistan. whether it be dictatorship or democracy or any other system, the leadership of pakistan is highly influenced by the feudal system. thats way the first step towards a better pakistan is the abolition of this system and the pakistanis should be provided with justice. this and only this will pave the way for better future!.

some people think that pakistan should be secular, but i think a secular pakistan means a weak pakistan. islamic system of justice should be implemented first of all.

the government system should be according to the wishes of pakistani people. let them decide what they want because pakistani people formed this country.

the government system should be according to the wishes of pakistani people. let them decide what they want because pakistani people formed this country.

Thats right.

If people there supports an Islamic system anyway, I don't know then, but I for one think religion should be never mixed with system of an country...That was in middle-ages.

Thats right.

If people there supports an Islamic system anyway, I don't know then, but I for one think religion should be never mixed with system of an country...That was in middle-ages.

thats exactly my friend is the difference between the muslims of south asia and central asia(including turkey), only the time will tell who is right

cheers

Thats right.

I agree. Religion should be kept separate from the state...

well no religion rule any country

religion is personal thing its not a way to rule

Islam is our ideolgy and Pakistan is our identity, Both are one hence we dont see any problem.

And an Indian that too an Indian Hindu can never understand ideology of Pakistan.

Pakistan and Isreal are the only countries that were formed on the basis of Ideology.

I would like to have views of Indians over Judism and Isreal :)

^^^^GoI voted against the formation of Israel on the basis of this "ideology"(which has no basis in the quran or sunnah btw). Infact, it had proposed that arab and jewish autonomous areas be created and no separate countries on the basis of religion be formed in 1948 as an alternate plan. So the then GoI was consistent on its stand weather it be in south asia or middle east.

GoI established diplomatic relations with Israel once YAsser Arafat and the PLO agreed to recognize Israel as well.

How exactly are we a failed nation. Its just like Cuba who in the 60's and 70's was deemed a failed nation because it harmed american interest, similarly mexico which is a fast growing economy is currently considered a failed nation and only because of its clashes with america.

Be careful with what you say because India falls perfectly onto the category of a failed state and any day when you confront a greater power, your country can easily be termed a failed nation.

[http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12709]
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom