What's new

Register your Vote !!

okay, people might not know the fact. If one member of your family registers then people associated with you i.e your 18+ plus kids, siblings, wife, or parents will be automatically registered for voting by NADRA

really ?? ECP is working with NADRA ?

Voter's List

THE preparation of voters` lists has always been a delicate task, and often rules have been bent for those without ID cards. This time, with Nadra-issued computerised ID cards, one expects far more clarity in the drafting of voters` lists. The draft list released by the Election Commission of Pakistan on Saturday has raised questions relating primarily to the number of voters deleted and added. A report in this paper says 37.18 million names on the 2007 list have been deleted, while the number added stands at 36.69 million. These names have been verified by Nadra, which is welcome. There has also been a decrease of about 500,000 voters; the current list shows 80.72 million verified voters. Punjab has witnessed an increase of two million verified voters, while Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has also seen an overall increase. An d while the number of voters in Balochistan has decreased, most surprising are the figures for Sindh. ECP data shows the number of voters in the province has decreased by around two million compared to the 2007 list.

The foremost question is: who did the deleted votes belong to? Were they bogus votes? If this is the case then the poll results of 2008 will be called into question. There have been reports suggesting that many votes in the last election were dubious. Were the 36 million or so voters added because they filled in verification forms, or because they were on Nadra`s list of persons eligible to vote? Also, why the lower figure for Sindh? The figures are not in consonance with the generally accepted trend that internal migration in Pakistan occurs from north to south, drawing people to Sindh. We don`t know how many of these figures were arrived at and it is premature to jump to conclusions. However, the ECP must clarify the situation; the country`s chief election commissioner should address the issue and ensure that all anomalies are resolved before the final list is issued. Otherwise, the list would be suspect in the eyes of the public and possibly lead to a controversy that can be exploited.

Dawn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

3 days left: if you have not registered your vote, or ECP hasnot visited your home, kindly get yourself registered by visiting the ECP office with necessary documents as mentioned in post one.

really ?? ECP is working with NADRA ?

Yeah. I didn't registered the vote, last week a man came on his bicycle with voter list in his hand to verify voters name and he told me to check my family members name, I told him several times we didn't registered yet, but he insisted too look and i was amused to see my whole family name in it starting from my Grand father to my father and my siblings who are in Qatar and my Uncle and his children too . I asked him how did it happen? He told me Nadra made the voter list based on Population consensus ("Mardum Shumari") conducted last time and the people who reached 18 now according to that population consensus report they are automatically being registerd. I was surprised to hear that

Yeah. I didn't registered the vote, last week a man came on his bicycle with voter list in his hand to verify voters name and he told me to check my family members name, I told him several times we didn't registered yet, but he insisted too look and i was amused to see my whole family name in it starting from my Grand father to my father and my siblings who are in Qatar and my Uncle and his children too . I asked him how did it happen? He told me Nadra made the voter list based on Population consensus ("Mardum Shumari") conducted last time and the people who reached 18 now according to that population consensus report they are automatically being registerd. I was surprised to hear that

I dont really get whats their method... hardly anyone that I know has been registered by their so called "door to door" registration campaign.

the voter registration campaign is extended to 30th October.

A VERY GOOD NEWS:

ECP, PTA working on vote verification through SMS

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) in collaboration with Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) is working to streamline a mechanism for voters whereby they can verify their enrollment in voters’ list through SMS.

An official of the ECP confirmed that the election commission is working on the idea. However, their main concern was to ensure the security and privacy of all citizens.

PTA has been consulted to discuss the pros and cons of the proposed service and after clearance from the PTA, the system of vote confirmation through SMS will be implemented.

Once implemented, anyone will be able to confirm their vote by just sending a message to a designated number via SMS.

The service will be initiated after the completion of the ongoing door to door verification campaign.

Earlier, the National database and Registration Authority (Nadra) CNIC verification through SMS was made possible by PTA and Nadra .

Meanwhile, according to unconfirmed reports, the ECP has signed an agreement with Nadra to enable the citizens to register or confirm the existence of their name in a voters list by just sending a message.

ECP, PTA working on vote verification through SMS – The Express Tribune

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

ab tou yar vote register kerwa lena...is se ziyada nahi ho sakta...

111-29-30-31.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

just one call and your vote shall be registered !!

according to PTI sources only 15 % of the potential new voters (35 million) registered their votes during the so called ECP voter registration campaign.

that is why PTI has decided to go to SC to allow voting on NADRA CNIC cards.

instead of ballet boxes, the electronic system should now be used during the elections, meaning an electronic machine should varify the voter by his ID card, some thing like that, so there can not be any counterfeiting??

is there any progress made on this aspect??

instead of ballet boxes, the electronic system should now be used during the elections, meaning an electronic machine should varify the voter by his ID card, some thing like that, so there can not be any counterfeiting??

electronic voting machines were considered by ECP, thats all,

apart from that PTI is preparing a writ petition to implement these necessary changes.

Pakistan needs to improve its voting system. Electronic system should be introduced, and other techniques should be introduced so this can be an honest fair election.

Interestingly, our ID cards has embedded Bar Codes which is not used for any purpose. Not sure about the security of the bar codes

Interestingly, our ID cards has embedded Bar Codes which is not used for any purpose. Not sure about the security of the bar codes

I am not sure if they are electronic (infra). I think its fake :lol:

however, the unique CNIC number can be used as a identifier.

edited........................................

I am not sure if they are electronic (infra). I think its fake :lol:

however, the unique CNIC number can be used as a identifier.

Don't tell me, they toke 2000 Rs. from me for this CNIC :/

Back
Top Bottom