What's new

Rebirth of Qari Abdul Basit 'Abd us-Samad?

That's very nice, Mashallah, However it looks more like they're singing a song and not reading a Quran :/

You mean the reverberation ?

Its actually the men standing next to him, repeating with him... i loved it :D

@JUBA |

Can you find his name for me?

You mean the reverberation ?

Its actually the men standing next to him, repeating with him... i loved it :D

@JUBA |

Can you find his name for me?

I'm sorry bro i can't find the name of the boy but i did some searching and found out it's a Lebanese band called The Harmony Band.

This is their channel on YouTube:

TheHarmonyBand - YouTube

And this is the same video about them reciting the Quran:

It was during a concert, but i don't agree in group reciting of the Quran and treating it like it's some kind of a song, What's next ? adding music to it ? However that's just my opinion.

I'm sorry bro i can't find the name of the boy but i did some searching and found out it's a Lebanese band called The Harmony Band.

This is their channel on YouTube:

TheHarmonyBand - YouTube

And this is the same video about them reciting the Quran:

It was during a concert, but i don't agree in group reciting of the Quran and treating it like it's some kind of a song, What's next ? adding music to it ? However that's just my opinion.

I don't agree with that either.

Thanks anyway. :)

...However it looks more like they're singing a song and not reading a Quran :/

Importance of reading Quran\Prayers with meaning
(not just in a language that one does NOT understand)​

Quran:73:4: “And recite the Qur'ân in a slow/pleasant style” (so we could understand the meaning of what's being said).
Q:8:22: For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb― those who understand not.
Sahih Bukhari:Volumn 1, Book 4, Hadith Number 212.
Narated By Anas : The Prophet said, "If anyone of you feels drowsy while praying, he should sleep till he understands what he is saying (reciting)."

Q:107:4--5:So woe unto those performers of Salat (prayers). [But] who are heedless of their prayer.

Bukhari:Volumn 4, Book 52, Hadith Number 283.
Narated By Abu Juhaifa : I asked Ali, "Do you have the knowledge of any Divine Inspiration besides what is in Allah's Book?" 'Ali replied, "No, by Him Who splits the grain of corn and creates the soul. I don't think we have such knowledge, but we have the ability of understanding which Allah may endow a person with, so that he may understand the Qur'an, and we have what is written in this paper as well." I asked, "What is written in this paper?" He replied, "(The regulations of) blood-money, the freeing of captives, and the judgment that no Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel."

Bukhari:Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 638.
......." Khalid said, "Numerous are those who offer prayers and say by their tongues (i.e. mouths) what is not in their hearts." Allah's Apostle said, "I have not been ordered (by Allah) to search the hearts of the people or cut open their bellies." Then the Prophet looked at him (i.e. that man) while the latter was going away and said, "From the offspring of this (man there will be people who will recite the Qur'an continuously and elegantly but it will not exceed their throats. (They will neither understand it nor act upon it). They would go out of the religion (i.e. Islam) as an arrow goes through a game's body." I think he also said, "If I should be present at their time I would kill them as the nations a Thamud were killed."

Bukhari:Volumn 5, Book 57, Hadith Number 100.Narated By Ibn Abbas : Once the Prophet embraced me (pressed me to his chest) and said, "O Allah, teach him wisdom (i.e. the understanding of the knowledge of Qur'an)."

Bukhari:Volumn 6, Book 60, Hadith Number 169.
Narated By Ibn 'Abbas : Regarding the Verse: "Verily! The worst of beasts in the Sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb... those who understand not." (8.22) (The people referred to here) were some persons from the tribe of Bani 'Abd-Addar.

=
Q:8:20--22:
اور ان لوگوں جیسے نہ ہونا جو کہتے ہیں کہ ہم نے حکم سن لیا مگر (حقیقت میں) نہیں سنتے (۲۱) کچھ شک نہیں کہ خدا کے نزدیک تمام جانداروں سے بدتر بہرے گونگے ہیں جو کچھ نہیں سمجھتے

=
Q:2:171:
جو لوگ کافر ہیں ان کی مثال اس شخص کی سی ہے جو کسی ایسی چیز کو آواز دے جو پکار اور آواز کے سوا کچھ سن نہ سکے۔ (یہ) بہرے ہیں گونگے ہیں اندھے ہیں کہ (کچھ) سمجھ ہی نہیں سکتے
=
Q:7:179:
اور ہم نے دوزخ کے لیے بہت سے جن اور آدمی پیدا کیے ہیں ان کے دل ہیں کہ ان سے سمجھتے نہیں اور آنکھیں ہیں کہ ان سے دیکھتے نہیں اور کان ہیں کہ ان سے سنتے نہیں وہ ایسے ہیں جیسے چوپائے بلکہ ان سے بھی گمراہی میں زیادہ ہیں یہی لوگ غافل ہیں
=
=
Q:25:44:
یا تو خیال کرتا ہے کہ اکثر ان میں سے سنتے یا سمجھتے ہیں یہ تو محض چوپایوں کی طرح ہیں بلکہ ان سے بھی زیادہ گمراہ ہیں
=

=

=

Last edited:
@JUBA | Is it common in Saudi Arabia for young kids to memorize the Noble Quran?

In the past it was very common for those that learnt to read and write as Madrasas aside from private schools, private learning (mostly among the privileged class like mostly anywhere else in the world at that time period) were the main learning centers.
Today children still memorize the Noble Qur'an in schools during religious classes or at home but unfortunately not to the extent like once before. At least this is my experience.

Back
Top Bottom