What's new

Rare Pictures of Rabindranath Tagore

seethru

Reaction score
09TH_NKV4_1077917g.jpg

In his Bed in a Railway compartment at Howrah Station November 22, 1940

09TH_NKV7_1077920g.jpg

Mahatma Gandhi and Kasturba at a reception given by Rabindranath Tagore at Santiniketan, Feb 20, 1940

09TH_NKV1_1077914g.jpg

In Berlin, when the two Nobel laureates met, Aug 24, 1930

09TH_NKV2_1077915g.jpg

In deep conversation with Jawaharlal Nehru, Nov 4, 1936

09TH_NKV10_1077923g.jpg

Helen Keller greets Rabindranath Tagore at meeting in New York, 1930

09TH_NKV6_1077919g.jpg

sir maurice gwyer, Rabindranath Tagore, Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, August 7, 1940

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

@seethru, if possible please post some photographs of his early ages. That wud b a good surprise for those who have not seen him before. Thanks.

A

Interesting fact: He has composed national anthems of both India and Bangladesh

It's actually irony. Rabindranth Tagore is an enlightened soul. when he wrote "Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake..." he was referring to India, like much of his articles, slogans etc., and he opposed the partition as an Indian Nationalist. But after, 23 years, when Bangladesh was born, they, took the first 10 lines of his "Amar sonar Bangla" due their new found love of Bengali language, culture ...

A

Interesting fact: He has composed national anthems of both India and Bangladesh

Surprisingly Bangladeshis on this forum are not very proud of that fact. They (some people like Al-Zakir) want to change the national anthem, their country's name, flag and even language, if possible.

But it is contrary to what real Bangladeshis here in the UK feel, they are very much proud of their language, culture and people. Mithun/Saurav Ganguly/Tagore/Pranav Mukherjee have probably more fan following in Bangladesh than rest of India (apart from paschimbanga obviously).

Surprisingly Bangladeshis on this forum are not very proud of that fact. They (some people like Al-Zakir) want to change the national anthem, their country's name, flag and even language, if possible.

But it is contrary to what real Bangladeshis here in the UK feel, they are very much proud of their language, culture and people. Mithun/Saurav Ganguly/Tagore/Pranav Mukherjee have probably more fan following in Bangladesh than rest of India (apart from paschimbanga obviously).

Thakur is and was the greatest writer/poet/author of all time.

Back
Top Bottom