What's new

Rare Pictures of Quaid-e-Azam.

"Our object should be peace within, and peace without. We want to live peacefully and maintain cordial friendly relations with our immediate neighbours and with the world at large."
Lahore August 15th, 1947

8a57049f43f1d1ced622af6e4d07154e.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam and Liaquat Ali Khan ( the best leaders of Pakistan ever ):pakistan: :tup:

after them mostly :tdown::tdown::tdown:

Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah has been the subject of the study of many researchers and Historians. Here is a collection of some of the most famous ones including Pakistani, Indian and western Authors. Quaid e Azam incidentally is the only Asian Barrister whose portrait hangs in the Great Hall of Lincoln's Inn, the hallowed Ground of British Constitutional tradition.
877f7da64b4369d54a51989211e85f47.jpg

Does anyone have the speech that Quaid e Azam gave on the opening of the state bank

The speech that was completly ignored by the media, and never shown to the public ??

Since we have been talking here about Jinnah’s vision for Pakistan, maybe we should also think about Jinnah’s vision on Pakistan’s governance.
Particularly on the issue of ‘uniforms’ in politics, which is the concern of the day in Pakistan. Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah was thinking well ahead of his time. His following address has never been so pertinent as it is now.

On June 14, 1948, addressing the officer at the Military Staff College in Quetta, the Quaid-i Azam said:
During my talks with one or two very high-ranking officers I discovered that they did not know the implications of the oath taken by the troops of Pakistan. Of course, an oath is only a matter of form; what is more important is true spirit and heart. But it is an important form and I would like to take the opportunity of refreshing your memory by reading the prescribed oath to you:

“I solemnly affirm, in the presence of Almighty God, that I owe allegiance to the Constitution and the Dominion of Pakistan and that I will be duty bound honestly and faithfully serve.”

As I have said just now, the spirit is what really matters. I should like you to study the Constitution which is in force in Pakistan at present and understand its true constitutional and legal implications.

(Jinnah, Speeches and Statement 1947-1948, Oxford University Press, 2000).

Lets’ also take a few minutes to review the oath taken by members of the armed services and also the presidential oath, in terms of the constitution:

Oath of allegiance for armed services:

“I, do hereby solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan in the Pakistan army by and under the law.”

Let me reiterate, the oath states, “not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever”.

Presidential oath:

“That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions. That I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”

Jinnah’s vision on the matter of governance of Pakistan and the supremacy of the Constitution and rule of law is very clear. Much more so than that of the rulers of today.

“We must work our destiny in our own way and present to the world an economic system based on true Islamic concept of equality of manhood and social justice. We will thereby be fulfilling our mission as Muslims and giving to humanity the message of peace which alone can save it and secure the welfare, happiness and prosperity of mankind”

Speech at the opening ceremony of State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi
July 1, 1948

Does anyone have the speech that Quaid e Azam gave on the opening of the state bank

The speech that was completly ignored by the media, and never shown to the public ??

The Quaid’s Speech on the Occasion of the opening ceremony of State Bank of Pakistan on July 1, 1948:-

"I shall watch with keenness the work of your Research Organization in evolving banking practices compatible with Islamic ideals of social and economic life. The economic system of the West has created almost insoluble problems for humanity and to many of us it appears that only a miracle can save it from disaster that is now facing the world. It has failed to do justice between man and man and to eradicate friction from the international field. On the contrary, it was largely responsible for the two world wars in the last half century.

The Western world, in spite of its advantages of mechanization and industrial efficiency is today in a worse mess than ever before in history. The adoption of Western economic theory and practice will not help us in achieving our goal of creating a happy and contented people.

We must work our destiny in our own way and present to the world an economic system based on true Islamic concept of equality of manhood and social justice. We will thereby be fulfilling our mission as Muslims and giving to humanity the message of happiness and prosperity of mankind."

Since we have been talking here about Jinnah’s vision for Pakistan, maybe we should also think about Jinnah’s vision on Pakistan’s governance.

Particularly on the issue of ‘uniforms’ in politics, which is the concern of the day in Pakistan. Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah was thinking well ahead of his time. His following address has never been so pertinent as it is now.

On June 14, 1948, addressing the officer at the Military Staff College in Quetta, the Quaid-i Azam said:

During my talks with one or two very high-ranking officers I discovered that they did not know the implications of the oath taken by the troops of Pakistan. Of course, an oath is only a matter of form; what is more important is true spirit and heart. But it is an important form and I would like to take the opportunity of refreshing your memory by reading the prescribed oath to you:

“I solemnly affirm, in the presence of Almighty God, that I owe allegiance to the Constitution and the Dominion of Pakistan and that I will be duty bound honestly and faithfully serve.”

As I have said just now, the spirit is what really matters. I should like you to study the Constitution which is in force in Pakistan at present and understand its true constitutional and legal implications.

(Jinnah, Speeches and Statement 1947-1948, Oxford University Press, 2000).

Lets’ also take a few minutes to review the oath taken by members of the armed services and also the presidential oath, in terms of the constitution:

Oath of allegiance for armed services:

“I, do hereby solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan
in the Pakistan army by and under the law.”

Let me reiterate, the oath states, “not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever”.

Presidential oath:

“That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions. That I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”

Jinnah’s vision on the matter of governance of Pakistan and the supremacy of the Constitution and rule of law is very clear. Much more so than that of the rulers of today.
I can't believe this is coming from you! Surprise, surprise, surprise!

Ahan......wud you plz let me knw the reason behind your "surprise"...so i can help in this regard:cheers:
My friend didn’t you read the highlighted portions?

With all due respect, I was surprised because I thought why would Musharraf (dictator) supporter post such an article? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom