What's new

Rand Paul: 'The president won't name the enemy but I will: It's radical Islam'

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Speaking at the Republican Leadership Summit in New Hampshire on Saturday, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul attacked the Obama administration's role in the 2011 toppling of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, calling the operation "a mistake,"The Guardianreports.

"One thing that is probably true in the Middle East, every time we have toppled a secular dictator, a secular strong man, we've gotten chaos and the rise of radical Islam," the presidential hopeful said. "The president won't name the enemy but I will: it's radical Islam. Until we name it, we can't defeat them and I will tell you this: If I were commander-in-chief, I would do everything it takes to…defend the country against radical Islam."

Paul went on to criticize Hillary Clinton over her use of a private email server as secretary of state, asking, "Is she sort of above the rules?"

Rand Paul attacks Clinton and names the enemy of the US – 'radical Islam'
The Kentucky senator also asks Republicans to help him take party’s message to ‘rich, poor, black, white, brown’ as he campaigns for 2016 presidential nomination

Rand Paul speaks at the First in the Nation Republican Leadership Summit in Nashua, New Hampshire. Photograph: Darren McCollester/Getty Images

Rand Paul on Saturday attackedHillary Clinton, the only declared Democratic candidate for president so far, over her record as secretary of state under Barack Obama, her use of a private email server while in that job and the human rights records of some donors to her charitable foundation.

The Kentucky senator also askedRepublicansto help him take the party’s message to “new people… rich, poor, black, white, brown” as he campaigns for the presidential nomination in 2016.

Speaking in Nashua, New Hampshire, at theRepublican Leadership Summit– where most of the declared and potential GOP candidates for president were scheduled to speak on Friday and Saturday – the libertarian-tinged candidate largely focused on foreign policy, an area in which he has been vulnerable to attack over his supposedly isolationist stance.

He named radical Islam as the enemy of the US and focused again on the Benghazi attacks of 2012 and Clinton’s role in the US response.

“Libya was a mistake,” he said, referring the Obama administration’s military support of rebels whotoppled Muammar Gaddafiin 2011. “One thing that is probably true in the Middle East: every time we have toppled a secular dictator, a secular strong man, we’ve gotten chaos and the rise of radical Islam. If we want to defend our country, we have to know the enemy and we have to name the enemy.

“The president won’t name the enemy, but I will: it’s radical Islam. Until we name it we can’t defeat them, and I will tell you this: if I were commander in chief I would do everything it takes to … defend the country against radical Islam.”

aul also emphasised his supposed appeal to a wider section of the populace than most Republicans, particularly on social issues like sentencing laws and the legal status of some drugs.

Not for the first time, he invoked an unlikely inspiration:Robert Henri, the founder of the early 20th-century Ashcan school of American social-realist painting.

“I think we need to stay true to principle,” he said. “I don’t think we need to dilute our message, but I do think our message needs to be carried to new people. We need to talk to business owners, we need to talk to the workers. We need to talk to the rich, poor, white, black, brown ...

“I like to think of the image of Robert Henri, who said to young painters: ‘Paint like a man coming over the hill singing.’ I think if we proclaim our message with the passion of Patrick [sic] Henri … then I think we’ll be the dominant party again.”

pening up to questions from the audience – “We have time for two or three questions, as long as they’re easy questions,” said the senator, who has hada numberoftricky interactions with the mediasinceannouncing his runfor the White House last week – Paul was asked whether he thought theMassachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren, who has repeatedly said she will not run for president despite appeals from the left, would become Clinton’s running mate.

FacebookTwitterPinterest
Rand Paul meets his public after his speech in Nashua. Photograph: Brian Snyder/Reuters
Paul largely avoided the question, choosing instead to milk supportive laughter while attacking Clinton on familiar lines.

“I’m starting to worry that when Hillary Clinton travels there’s going to need to be two planes,” he said. “One for her entourage and one for her baggage. And the plane for the baggage is really getting heavy.

“The whole email thing,” he continued, in reference to Clinton’scontentious use of a private email server while secretary of state, “is she sort of above the rules? She doesn’t have to use a government server? ‘My server was protected by the secret service’ – does she think there’s, like, floppy disks in her basement? I think there’s a lot more going on; there’s more coming.”

Paul also repeated a common attack line, mentioning donations made tothe Clinton Foundation, which is run by the candidate, her husband, former president Bill Clinton, and their daughter, Chelsea, by countries with questionable records onwomen’s rights.

“Do you know a woman was gang raped by seven men in Saudi Arabia and they arrested the woman?” Paul asked. “Probably gave her 90 lashes for being in a car with an unmarried man.

“Does anyone remember South Africa and apartheid and how everybody rose up and people quit investing? You’d think she’d be leading a disinvestment programme against Saudi Arabia, instead of taking their money.”

Rand Paul attacks Clinton and names the enemy of the US – 'radical Islam' | US news | The Guardian

radical islam is not just the enemy of the US but also of the whole civilized world. but this fact is beyond the comprehension of the stupid liberals and sickulars.

Speaking at the Republican Leadership Summit in New Hampshire on Saturday, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul attacked the Obama administration's role in the 2011 toppling of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, calling the operation "a mistake,"The Guardianreports.

"One thing that is probably true in the Middle East, every time we have toppled a secular dictator, a secular strong man, we've gotten chaos and the rise of radical Islam," the presidential hopeful said. "The president won't name the enemy but I will: it's radical Islam. Until we name it, we can't defeat them and I will tell you this: If I were commander-in-chief, I would do everything it takes to…defend the country against radical Islam."

Paul went on to criticize Hillary Clinton over her use of a private email server as secretary of state, asking, "Is she sort of above the rules?"

Rand Paul attacks Clinton and names the enemy of the US – 'radical Islam'
The Kentucky senator also asks Republicans to help him take party’s message to ‘rich, poor, black, white, brown’ as he campaigns for 2016 presidential nomination

Rand Paul speaks at the First in the Nation Republican Leadership Summit in Nashua, New Hampshire. Photograph: Darren McCollester/Getty Images

Rand Paul on Saturday attackedHillary Clinton, the only declared Democratic candidate for president so far, over her record as secretary of state under Barack Obama, her use of a private email server while in that job and the human rights records of some donors to her charitable foundation.

The Kentucky senator also askedRepublicansto help him take the party’s message to “new people… rich, poor, black, white, brown” as he campaigns for the presidential nomination in 2016.

Speaking in Nashua, New Hampshire, at theRepublican Leadership Summit– where most of the declared and potential GOP candidates for president were scheduled to speak on Friday and Saturday – the libertarian-tinged candidate largely focused on foreign policy, an area in which he has been vulnerable to attack over his supposedly isolationist stance.

He named radical Islam as the enemy of the US and focused again on the Benghazi attacks of 2012 and Clinton’s role in the US response.

“Libya was a mistake,” he said, referring the Obama administration’s military support of rebels whotoppled Muammar Gaddafiin 2011. “One thing that is probably true in the Middle East: every time we have toppled a secular dictator, a secular strong man, we’ve gotten chaos and the rise of radical Islam. If we want to defend our country, we have to know the enemy and we have to name the enemy.

“The president won’t name the enemy, but I will: it’s radical Islam. Until we name it we can’t defeat them, and I will tell you this: if I were commander in chief I would do everything it takes to … defend the country against radical Islam.”

aul also emphasised his supposed appeal to a wider section of the populace than most Republicans, particularly on social issues like sentencing laws and the legal status of some drugs.

Not for the first time, he invoked an unlikely inspiration:Robert Henri, the founder of the early 20th-century Ashcan school of American social-realist painting.

“I think we need to stay true to principle,” he said. “I don’t think we need to dilute our message, but I do think our message needs to be carried to new people. We need to talk to business owners, we need to talk to the workers. We need to talk to the rich, poor, white, black, brown ...

“I like to think of the image of Robert Henri, who said to young painters: ‘Paint like a man coming over the hill singing.’ I think if we proclaim our message with the passion of Patrick [sic] Henri … then I think we’ll be the dominant party again.”

pening up to questions from the audience – “We have time for two or three questions, as long as they’re easy questions,” said the senator, who has hada numberoftricky interactions with the mediasinceannouncing his runfor the White House last week – Paul was asked whether he thought theMassachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren, who has repeatedly said she will not run for president despite appeals from the left, would become Clinton’s running mate.

FacebookTwitterPinterest
Rand Paul meets his public after his speech in Nashua. Photograph: Brian Snyder/Reuters
Paul largely avoided the question, choosing instead to milk supportive laughter while attacking Clinton on familiar lines.

“I’m starting to worry that when Hillary Clinton travels there’s going to need to be two planes,” he said. “One for her entourage and one for her baggage. And the plane for the baggage is really getting heavy.

“The whole email thing,” he continued, in reference to Clinton’scontentious use of a private email server while secretary of state, “is she sort of above the rules? She doesn’t have to use a government server? ‘My server was protected by the secret service’ – does she think there’s, like, floppy disks in her basement? I think there’s a lot more going on; there’s more coming.”

Paul also repeated a common attack line, mentioning donations made tothe Clinton Foundation, which is run by the candidate, her husband, former president Bill Clinton, and their daughter, Chelsea, by countries with questionable records onwomen’s rights.

“Do you know a woman was gang raped by seven men in Saudi Arabia and they arrested the woman?” Paul asked. “Probably gave her 90 lashes for being in a car with an unmarried man.

“Does anyone remember South Africa and apartheid and how everybody rose up and people quit investing? You’d think she’d be leading a disinvestment programme against Saudi Arabia, instead of taking their money.”

Rand Paul attacks Clinton and names the enemy of the US – 'radical Islam' | US news | The Guardian

His Man is speaking "BITTER TRUTH" and in ruthless way, and the TRUTH is UGLY.

See How he mentions American Mistake of attacking Gaddafi, and repeated mistake of American Mistake of Coups against Liberal Leaders in Middle East Promoting "RADICAL ISLAM".

YES "RADICAL ISLAM" IS THREAT TO WHOLE WORLD.

And he further goes on to expose "HYPOCRISY" OF Western World, how they "SANCTIONED" South African "Apartheid" but HOW BLUNTLY THEY IGNORE HUMAN RIGHT VIOLATIONS BY MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES LIKE "SAUDI ARABIA" "IN THE NAME OF RELIGION".

And how this Man Attacks "HYPOCRISY" OF HILLARY CLINTON on using of "Privet Mail", and goes on to point towards USE OF "CLINTON FOUNDATION", AND ITS "QUESTIONABLE FUNDING".

This man can speck TRUTH FEARLESSLY and, I hope that this is his biggest Asset.

People who can behold the TRUTH shall always be promoted. Hope, he becomes US President.

Last edited:
This guy and his old man speaks alot of sense.. Its a sad fact that libertarians don't have much clout in foreign affairs of the US.

lol, Rand Paul pandering to the lowest Republican base

SO PREDICTABLE. :lol:

This election is probably gonna be the worst one in American history.

Hillary sucks. Republicans suck even more.

No option for sanity!!

Republicans are going to campaign using the ISIS.

Its true thousands of people die every year from radical Islam in the United States. Vote Rand Paul and keep the nonexistent threat away from the American shores.

And THAT is why we are still the top dog.

In your imagination perhaps. We live in a multipolar world now. No doubt, US power and economic strength has taken a serious dent over the years. Your power has diminished, but you won't admit. For instance, China is the foreign country that owns the most US debt.

As for Rand Paul, this moron should realize that his country has financed and supported so-called radical Islam for decades. His statements sound very odd to say the least.

America has no bigger enemy than its own self.

They don't know yet. For instance, had the US food industry been a country, they would have invaded and destroyed it with nukes.

Well Redical Islam is in its essence the biggest enemy of Muslims and Islam itself.
Dony believe me Checkout number of Americans and europeans killed by these goons against the number of Middle eastern, Central Asian and Subcontinental Muslims they have slaughtered. You will find a 1:20 here.

Back
Top Bottom