What's new

Raheel Sharif appointed chief of Islamic military alliance, confirms Khawaja Asif

What I'm going to say is purely neutral . We Pakistani are a very emotional people we also tend to forget history when ever arabs,persians are in problem they call us for help be it there war with israel or be it an attack on khana kabba yes we Pakistani support hafeez ul asad father of bashar ul asad in war with israel and we destroyed 10 iserali war planes without lossing any single of ours we supported iran during its war with iraq . Pakistan is a country 2ñd largest sunni and second largest shia population and are living with harmony unlike people of iraq , Lebanon,Saudi Arabia,iran . Now an arab nvr wants any non arab to take credit for success so they usually take top positions in organisations but this is first time a non arab that too a Pakistani is going to lead an army of 40 countries its indeed an hounar for country like Pakistan we should also keep this thing in mind that countries like Egypt and turkey are also in this allaince and they too have strong army but there leader is not selected now there is a picture in public minds that its a purely a sunni allaince which is wrong Azerbaijan a country with95% shia population is joining allaince in months and it is confirmed . Now we also forget that about 16 million Pakistani people are living in gcc countries who support there families in pakistan and according to stats they send about 15 billion$ to Pakistan .Raheel sharif has donated 80 million rupess to sahaeed people so he is not going there for money plus it is best platform for mudlim ummah unity plus if raheel sharif convinces both iran and saudia then it would be end game for israel inda and usa

Yeh, looks like the sun is about to set on me. I might have gotten this one wrong terribly wrong. Although the news (I know the fanboys are cheering) is quite ambigous. You expect when a commander is appointed there will be clear public notice given by those who are placing the general in command - the Saudi's. but so far all we have is hush, hush talk and the defence minister who is given to saying silly things.

Nevertheless there is some smoke here and I can't deny that. However my wager was that Gen. Raheel will not be placed in command of a alliance force and most we can expect is he is made a background advisor. A consultant is not the same thing as being in command. The latter is a very clear and open public position. So let us wait and see what happens. If KSA openly declares that they have appointed him in command of a alliance force then I guess your not going to see me around. As of now I will reduce my footprint here and see what further news we get.
We all are wrong sometimes that does not mean we start taking off if we get prove wrong. Instead the approach should be to learn and move forward? Waisa be janab yahan to bara bara sanaha ho ga or kisi na istafia nahi dia or app chala hain sirf aik opinion wrong hona main??

I think Middle Situation would be much better today, if Saddam never attack Iran. That s where the grievances start, when all GCC countries support Saddam for 8 years of war. Well, it will take time for the dust of animosity settle down. We can change the friends but not the neighbors.

Real 'Root' of the problem was not Iran –Iraq war but talking of about 50 US diplomats as hostages by the bird- brain Iranian students in November 1979.

Khwarazm Shah killed 6 emissaries sent by Changez Khan, result was 30-million Iranians killed by the Mongols in reprisal. In my humble opinion, Saddam Hussein had tacit US backing and the US may have also used diplomatic pressure on Kuwait & the Saudis to support Saddam Hussein in his military adventure in Iran which occurred about 11 months after the hostage taking. Result was another 1-million Iranian dead and Iran economy on the verge of bankruptcy

History literally repeated itself, only instead of the East this time the invasion came from the West.

As I said before, it is only a matter of time before Pakistan gets slowly and steadily gets involved deeper and deeper in Saudi Arabia and its policies in the region. The unofficial involvement is already quite deep and it will become overt soon enough. This is only one more step along this path.

Pakistanis are South Asians and we knows how they treats South Asians .
Middle East is a turf of ancient Arabs-Persian rivalry .Involve in there is quite dangerous .
Iranians wont sit idle .
Gen Sharif was a Four star General of PA ,they wont like it at any case .
Only Superpowrrs involved in there successfully

D28F42EC-B9B3-4E1A-9202-2FC4C638C8BE-1084-00000172EEB8B634_tmp.jpg
I don't know what to say.kuch sharam kuch haya.this man was a biggest boot licker of Raheel sharif.

View attachment 367230I don't know what to say.kuch sharam kuch haya.this man was a biggest boot licker of Raheel sharif.

These jurnos should not stoop to such level for a thing which is still not confirmed officially, however, what he said, actually reflects the pain of few people during Dharna that why Army/RS did not take over and thrown the NS. The lobby must stop badmouthing like this and such name calling reveals their mentality and approach.

the alliance seems to be directed AGAINST Iran sir!
If it was some actual Muslim countries alliance i would have loved to see us becoming a part of it but on a personal level i am not too rosy about becoming a part of sect based alliance.

When Shah was there, Pak and Turkey were great friends. Maybe time to have a regime change in Iran itself. I think majority of the Iranian folks hate Bazari Mollas to the core - at least this is my impression talking to Iranians here or in Turkey...

We still have very strong ties with Türkiye. With Iran its more complex but despite the issue at border with smuggling of fuel, humans and drugs - we share common interest in Afghanistan (more now than before). We have the basis for good ties with them and are in position to mediate between them and KSA/GCC, despite our priorities at HOME

Okay guy's I am off for a break. I might pop in now and then to check what's rustling here. But I concede that I was wrong and I have to follow on my wager. Just as cap Gen. Sharif wanted Iran on board (wonder if anybody will call him Iran lover?) as well and one of his condition is that the force should not be sectarian. When I come back we should have more info on how this played out. Conditions and prefeances by Gen. Raheel Sharif:-

* Iran on board
* Non Sectarian
* No Saudi above him

This article was what convinced me > https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tan-army-chief-raheel-sharif-lead-muslim-nato

4850.jpg

Last edited:
Okay guy's I am off for a break. I might pop in now and then to check what's rustling here. But I concede that I was wrong and I have to follow on my wager. Just as cap Gen. Sharif wanted Iran on board as well and one of his condition is that the force should not be sectarian. When I come back we should have more info on how this played out.

This article was what convinced me > https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tan-army-chief-raheel-sharif-lead-muslim-nato

4850.jpg
You don't need to go anywhere for pity issues. Anybody would be wrong on analysis so all you got to do is, learn from experience and move on with it.

When you were making judgement I was thinking to reply to your post and say you will be proven wrong and it is wrong attitude to leave the forum for such pity matter but I thought let the time prove you wrong on that analysis. We all are human being and imperfect and would make wrong judgement from time to time, what matters the most is your general opinion in most cases is correct

You don't need
You know people accuse me of being pro this or pro that. The only thing I am pro is what ever will make Pakistan a first world country within the minimum time. I dream for the day I land in Pakistan and it feels like any other developed country. I don't want to see any poor Pakistani people. I want to see the day when you say 'Pakistan' and doors open instead of closing. The only thing I am interested in seeing is Pakistan pursue self interest in determined manner to reach the top along whatever path is available.

What I don't like about GCC is they treat Pakistan like a dog. Throw small pieces of meat that are enough to satiate hunger but not enough to break free. GCC countries buy out individuals in the Pakistan political, military, bureaucratic elite piecemeal. In other words GCC does not make compact with Pakistan but with individuals.

GCC could for example build institutional architecture with Pakistan as a country so that entire country benefits instead of throwing bits of meat to buy out our people. Take European Community. It does not throw bits of meat to Poland, Latvia, Romania but instead offers them a institutional framework that helps them. They apply for membership and follow certain criteria in return they get huge EU grants, economic packages, investment initiatives, open markets and borders to their workers. Result you see flood of EU citizens in UK as a example.

GCC and KSA at institutional level offer nothing more than they offer India - indeed I would say they tilt the table toward them considering more Indian workers are employed in GCC. think of all that money that goes to India. Think of all the airlines in India that service the huge Indian diaspora in GCC. Think of all the Indian airports that feed from the traffic generated. Think of all the taxes that flow into Indian treasury from this activity that pays for their increasing military budgets.

Instead of treating Pakistan like a dog that is offered bones when the master feels like it they could offer a institutional relationship that would create stability and clarity in our relationship. If that were the case I would strongly support Pakistan sending a entire corp of 50k men to KSA to actually do the fighting in Yemen. Pak could with the increased funding easily raise that number inside Pakistan.

Instead KSA insists on massaging USA by buying the latest expensive toys which do not in any way offer KSA any better defence capability. KSA has spent $100s billions on M1-Abram tanks, Apache helicopters, F-15 Strike Eagles but to no avail. They could easily have bought half as much (saved money) and instead included Pakistan in formal military alliance structure which they provide the money and we post an entire corp in KSA similar to how US has forces deployed in Europe to protect the eastern flank against Russia.

So I am rather pragmatic. The end does justify the means. The end is noble. To lift 10s of millions of Pakistani's out of poverty and give them a better life.

Last edited:

We still have very strong ties with Türkiye. With Iran its more complex but despite the issue at border with smuggling of fuel, humans and drugs - we share common interest in Afghanistan (more now than before). We have the basis for good ties with them and are in position to mediate between them and KSA/GCC, despite our priorities at HOME
I mean both Turkey and Pak had good relations with Iran.

Okay guy's I am off for a break. I might pop in now and then to check what's rustling here. But I concede that I was wrong and I have to follow on my wager. Just as cap Gen. Sharif wanted Iran on board (wonder if anybody will call him Iran lover?) as well and one of his condition is that the force should not be sectarian. When I come back we should have more info on how this played out. Conditions and prefeances by Gen. Raheel Sharif:-

* Iran on board
* Non Sectarian
* No Saudi above him

4850.jpg
RS is a good man in general. He wants nothing to do with sectarianism. His 3 conditions are very fair.

You know people accuse me of being pro this or pro that. The only thing I am pro is what ever will make Pakistan a first world country within the minimum time. I dream for the day I land in Pakistan and it feels like any other developed country. I don't want to see any poor Pakistani people. I want to see the day when you say 'Pakistan' and doors open instead of closing. The only thing I am interested in seeing is Pakistan pursue self interest in determined manner to reach the top along whatever path is available.

What I don't like about GCC is they treat Pakistan like a dog. Throw small pieces of meat that are enough to satiate hunger but not enough to break free. GCC countries buy out individuals in the Pakistan political, military, bureaucratic elite piecemeal. In other words GCC does not make compact with Pakistan but with individuals.

GCC could for example build institutional architecture with Pakistan as a country so that entire country benefits instead of throwing bits of meat to buy out our people. Take European Community. It does not throw bits of meat to Poland, Latvia, Romania but instead offers them a institutional framework that helps them. They apply for membership and follow certain criteria in return they get huge EU grants, economic packages, investment initiatives, open markets and borders to their workers. Result you see flood of EU citizens in UK as a example.

GCC and KSA at institutional level offer nothing more than they offer India - indeed I would say they tilt the table toward them considering more Indian workers are employed in GCC. think of all that money that goes to India. Think of all the airlines in India that service the huge Indian diaspora in GCC. Think of all the Indian airports that feed from the traffic generated. Think of all the taxes that flow into Indian treasury from this activity that pays for their increasing military budgets.

Instead of treating Pakistan like a dog that is offered bones when the master feels like it they could offer a institutional relationship that would create stability and clarity in our relationship. If that were the case I would strongly support Pakistan sending a entire corp of 50k men to KSA to actually do the fighting in Yemen. Pak could with the increased funding easily raise that number inside Pakistan.

Instead KSA insists on massaging USA by buying the latest expensive toys which do not in any way offer KSA any better defence capability. KSA has spent $100s billions on M1-Abram tanks, Apache helicopters, F-15 Strike Eagles but to no avail. They could easily have bought half as much (saved money) and instead included Pakistan in formal military alliance structure which they provide the money and we post an entire corp in KSA similar to how US has forces deployed in Europe to protect the eastern flank against Russia.

So I am rather pragmatic. The end does justify the means. The end is noble. To lift 10s of millions of Pakistani's out of poverty and give them a better life.
Who knows this time may be both means and ends are justified and fair. As for the Iranian case, it's not that simple and straightforward, rather more complex than a normal mind can fathom. I don't want to get into the Ottoman experience. Raheel Pasha will have his moments of awakening - if not he has already had. But, this time staffs may come out positive for countries like Pak and Turkey in weird ways...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I would say this about Khawaja Asif... but finally some credible source.

Thats the first official confirmation in that case

Watch around 17 minutes of this video. Thats where he says

Well you should stick to your previous opinion about him as he denied today in the senate about any info regarding this news. All of this govt consists of liars and goons..who lie under oath, on TV shows, in tweets and in every other media.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom