Quetta Express named after Akbar Bugti

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Quetta Express named after Akbar Bugti – The Express Tribune

595717-RailwayMinisterKhwajaSaadRafiqPID-1377555372-773-640x480.jpg
Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafiq inaugurating Akbar Express at Lahore railway station. PHOTO: PID

LAHORE: Pakistan Railways has renamed the Quetta Express as Akbar Express in honour of the late Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti. The move coincides with the 7th death anniversary of Akbar Bugti, who was also the chief of the Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP). Bugti was killed in an operation ordered by former military ruler Pervez Musharraf in August 2006.

Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafiq, while paying tribute to the late Baloch leader on his death anniversary, said the announcement had been made to acknowledge his efforts for democracy. “The train has been named after Akbar Bugti in recognition of his services to this country and for democracy,” he added.

“Bugti remained a real democratic leader and served on key political slots during his life,” the minister said.

Referring to the controversial military action ordered by Musharraf, he said matters were dealt with force during dictatorship.

“The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government has always opposed the use of force as it is not a solution to any problem,” Rafiq said, adding that the government was making an effort to listen to the voice of the neglected segments of society.

The railways minister said that the PML-N government would soon approach the people of Balochistan for reconciliation and negotiations.

--------------------------------------

So PML-N acknowledging enemies of state who literally declared war against state. First they joined hands with BLA during elections. Then they did nothing when when BLA attacked Jinnah Residency, and now this. Great going indeed. :pissed:

@nuclearpak @Leader @A.Rafay @PWFI @pkuser2k12 @Aeronaut @RescueRanger @mafiya @Mani2020 @balixd @Slav Defence @Armstrong @AstanoshKhan @Patriots @darkinsky @batmannow @HRK @chauvunist @Sedqal @Fracker @arushbhai @Marshmallow @Areesh @Echelon @Jungibaaz @Khalidr @Peaceful Civilian @American Pakistani @Secur @SHAMK9 @S.U.R.B. @Zarvan @wasm95 @WAQAS119 @Pukhtoon @xyxmt

Last edited by a moderator:
chalo bhai, to yahi concept tha bullet train ka, renaming quetta express to wadera sardar express makes it literally bullet train

ab to weapon, bullets smuggle hua karen ge is train me se

3 months se cabenet to bany nahi, ganje tind ko bas yahi dekhana reh gya he

did they also arrest those responsible for blowing zyarat residency?

did they catch quetta terrorists who killed so many innocent baloch girls?

Last edited by a moderator:
You would rather they go in Baluchistan guns blazing and alienate the segment which are still pro-Pakistan? You know back in 90's Akbar Bugti was up to same shenanigans and NS negotiated with him successfully. He was called a coward for that and media lamented that NS was blackmailed into giving Bugti more money but guess what, we spent far more on security operations the biggest cost being alienating many Baluchs. Until and unless TTP issue is resolved PMLN govt should go out of the way to keep all segments of Pakistan in the mainstream.

You would rather they go in Baluchistan guns blazing and alienate the segment which are still pro-Pakistan? You know back in 90's Akbar Bugti was up to same shenanigans and NS negotiated with him successfully. He was called a coward for that and media lamented that NS was blackmailed into giving Bugti more money but guess what, we spent far more on security operations the biggest cost being alienating many Baluchs. Until and unless TTP issue is resolved PMLN govt should go out of the way to keep all segments of Pakistan in the mainstream.

next what, rename it to azaad balochistan express?

yeh bta cabinet bany balochistan me?

LeJ, BLA terrorist arrest hue?

Oh meray bhai renaming things is not the solution to the problem, there are other ways to bring nationalists on the table, some actualsteps are needed to be taken and harsh decisions are to be made. However govt finds such things easier than taking steps

acha mazy ke baat yeah he ke inaugurate bhi saala lahore me araam se beth ker raha he federal ka minister ho ker

in ke haqumat to bas islamabad se shuru ho ker lahore islamabad motorway peh khatam ho jaatey he, wahan se agay to in ka koi asar nahi he, balochistan tau dur ke baat he

tu jaa na quetta, balochistan, wahan q nahi kerta inaugurate?

saale ki back me do teen missile BLA daagh nahi de identity card dekh ke to phir baat kerna

aaj kaal ka he waaqiya he jaab BLA ne punjabion ka ID card dekh ker katal kya tha

acha mazy ke baat yeah he ke inaugurate bhi saala lahore me araam se beth ker raha he federal ka minister ho ker

in ke haqumat to bas islamabad se shuru ho ker lahore islamabad motorway peh khatam ho jaatey he, wahan se agay to in ka koi asar nahi he, balochistan tau dur ke baat he

saale ki back me do teen missile BLA daagh nahi de identity card dekh ke to phir baat kerna

aaj kaal ka he waaqiya he jaab BLA ne punjabion ka ID card dekh ker katal kya tha

Very good point you've noticed. Quetta Express renamed and inaugurated in Lahore :lol:

Democratic government will deal with them democratically. As a voter I would expect that they take every possible measure before taking military action. Though its selective amnesia again because PMLN supported Dr. Abdul Qadeer (who is from a middle class) when Musharraf appointed only Sardars. Funny how things workout.

Democratic government will deal with them democratically. As a voter I would expect that they take every possible measure before taking military action. Though its selective amnesia again because PMLN supported Dr. Abdul Qadeer (who is from a middle class) when Musharraf appointed only Sardars. Funny how things workout.

Just on a lighter, off-topic note, why you all N-Voters are b-u-tt hurt when IK talks about peace talks with TTP? :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom