What's new

Price hike for india...

Myth_buster_1

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
June 1/08: The Press Trust of India reports that Russia’s state-run Rosoboroexport has hiked the price tag for the Mi-171Vs from $650 million or so agreed in March 2007, to over a billion dollars. This comes on the heels of similar moves by Russia with respect to India’s aircraft carrier deal, and PTI reports that ”...the demand for more than fifty per cent price hike has irked the Ministry of Defence.”

The problem for India’s MoD is that Russia has most of the negotiating leverage. The competing European NH90 medium helicopter is still badly backlogged, as is the American CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift helicopter that has become so popular in Afghanistan’s “hot and high” conditions. The European medium-heavy EH-101 is in beter shape than the NH90, but its still backlogged as well to the point that Britain bought Denmark’s fleet to upgrade its front-line capacity, rather than waiting for delivery from the factory. That leaves Russia’s Mi-17, which has abundant international orders and does not depend on India, adoption of the American S-70 Black Hawk with its corresponding removal of key features and questionable “hot and high” performance, or possibly Eurocopter’s EC532/EC725 Cougar. Inducting the Black Hawk or Cougar into service would come with an additional cost of its own, however, since they would not be compatible with India’s existing 12 squadrons of Mi-8 and Mi-17 helicopters. If additional training, maintenance tooling, spare parts inventory, et. al. adds 30-40% to the helicopters’ procurement cost, these alternatives may not even be able to offer much of a financial advantage over the revised Russian deal.

Good, we have the money now, we must stop buying those Russian weapons and go for the best in the market.

Good, we have the money now, we must stop buying those Russian weapons and go for the best in the market.

What happened to INdo-russia friend ship??:cheers:
i know the GoI desperately wants to induct western choppers planes etc but all of sudden sifting gear to west could hurt future russian-indian 5th generation projects... and eventually open russia-pak arms door..

i know the GoI desperately wants to induct western choppers planes etc but all of sudden sifting gear to west could hurt future russian-indian 5th generation projects... and eventually open russia-pak arms door..

Well, you post is mere speculation. No substance.

Unfortunately There is a huge backlog in this class of of helo at the moment. There are no other options. The European EH-101 is backlogged for a good while yet. As is the CH-47 and S-70.

Russians got ya by the short and curlies at the moment.

Well, you post is mere speculation. No substance.

Dude 99% of what is said on the internet is speculation. I remember that Janes wrote a article telling everyone that the JF-17 was not gonna fly. I have read a a few posts (on this forum somewhere) About how the Gorshkov was going to be service by now, The Arjun would be fully inducted as well as the LCA and NAG was gonna enter service. Etc etc. Everything is speculation until the equipment is 5 years in service.

Dude 99% of what is said on the internet is speculation. I remember that Janes wrote a article telling everyone that the JF-17 was not gonna fly. I have read a a few posts (on this forum somewhere) About how the Gorshkov was going to be service by now, The Arjun would be fully inducted as well as the LCA and NAG was gonna enter service. Etc etc. Everything is speculation until the equipment is 5 years in service.

What are you saying here, I am confused. Why you are mixing things when you don't have a proper argument

You are more then welcome to get Russian arms.

What are you saying here, I am confused. Why you are mixing things when you don't have a proper argument

What I am saying is that there is a lot of speculation here for example. Yours is as valid as 23 march's . And my argument has been proven empirically. Whilst yours has no basis. And what 23 March has said is extremely valid. Just because you don't like the implication doesn't make his idea invalid....sorry:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom