What's new

Price comparison.

tahirkhely

Reaction score
Wanted to know exact prices of modern day fighters. Please share ur knowledge as follows for other fighters Thanks.
JF-17 Thunder 3000Km 1.6 Mach BVR Capable No stealth & STOVL Price 18 Mil $

This is all I know of.

UAE F16 Block 60 AESA = 80 million

UAE Mirage 2000-9 = 50-60 million

Jas 39 Gripen C/D = 25 million

tahirkhely said:
Wanted to know exact prices of modern day fighters. Please share ur knowledge as follows for other fighters Thanks.
JF-17 Thunder 3000Km 1.6 Mach BVR Capable No stealth & STOVL Price 18 Mil $
STOVL?? where did u get that from??
STOVL=short take off and verical landing.. surely JF17 cannot land vertically..( without an accident of course)..

ajaybhutani said:
STOVL?? where did u get that from??
STOVL=short take off and verical landing.. surely JF17 cannot land vertically..( without an accident of course)..
Thats why sir i wrote No stealth and STOVL.
Thanks.
:army: :flag:

MOO said:
Jas 39 Gripen C/D = 25 million

:eek: :disappointed: 25 million, You are kidding me man, Plz check this out again, its gotta be much more than that, around 40-45 million a piece. I did have the list of aircrafts and their prices in a pdf document. But i lost it since i have formated my PC.

Although I do read these topics about prices I must add that it is hardly realistic to compare. One person wants to have a Ferrari while the other would can do it all with the small suzuki. Do we really have to compare LCA with F22? Or JF17 with F35? Nopes. We can devide the planes better in three categories like low, medium and high tech. See low as Infrared and pointdefence (max 15 mil), medium as BVR and high tech cockpit (max 25 mil) , and high as Rafale, Ef2000, JSF, F22 etc (topping to 150 mil)...

And prices are different so why comparing F16 block52 for a nation wich already has pilots and infrastructure with one that has to get it all...

And the first post about mach 1.6 comparing to... What has that to do with the price? Should we limit price-speed correlation and say that JF17 is less intresting? Speed is not the most important aspect. Radar, avionics, weapons, range, maintenance costs, startup costs, MTBF, turnaround times... But speed versus costs is not that intresting.

Back
Top Bottom