What's new

Popular Front of India’s role in 2011 Mumbai, 2012 Pune, 2013 Hyd blasts found: Intel agencies

magudi

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Almost three months after the Bengaluru police busted the 'explosives module' of Indian Mujahideen, agencies have found strong evidence of involvement of Islamic fundamentalist group Popular Front of India (PFI) in 2011 Mumbai bombings, 2012 Pune blasts and 2013 Hyderabad Dilsukhnagar attack. While it is already known that IM's Riyaz Bhatkal, Yasin Bhatkal, Tehsin Akhtar, Assadulah Akhtar and Waqas planned these bombings, the responsibility of procuring explosives was given to PFI.

An old member of SIMI, Syed Ismail Afaque Lanka, arrested in January this year, has disclosed that he had sent PFI members to buy material- ammonium nitrate, gelatin sticks, non-electrical detonators, capacitors etc - which was used by IM members to assemble the deadly bombs that took many lives.

Other than these three consignments, Afaque had also procured a huge consignment of explosives last year which he claimed was meant to carry out serial attacks on the anniversary of 9/11 or 26/11. Times of India exclusively accessed the details of his interrogation with NIA and IB. Afaque discloses that these explosives were easily available in coastal Karnataka and used in mining or fishing purposes.

Afaque was arrested along with three others in January this year by Bengaluru police. The intelligence agencies and National Investigation Agency thoroughly grilled him for past two months over his association with Indian Mujahideen, SIMI and other outfits. He admitted having visited Pakistan several times and meeting IM's Afeef Hasan, Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal.

Associated with SIMI for a long time, the 36-year-old homeopath had also attended several meetings of SIMI and IM in the past in Dubai and Pakistan.

Giving details of his association with Riyaz and his role in these blasts, Afaque has disclosed that he went to Pakistan in March-April 2011 which was followed by series of meetings with the Bhatkal brothers. They also trained him in making electronic timers, electronic timer circuits and alarm clock timer circuits apart from asking him to assist in their operations in India.

While returning to India, he was also handed over 20 detonators.

Before every blast, Riyaz Bhatkal gave him directions on Nimbuzz chat for procuring explosives and sent money through hawala. He was not given the name of person who would collect the explosive. "Since 2011, I procured explosives four times i.e. 2011 for Mumbai blasts, 2012 for Pune blasts, 2013 for Hyderabad blasts and finally the consignment (2014) which was recently recovered from the house of Abdul Suboor........for causing blasts on the anniversary of either 9/11 or 26/11," Afaque said.

For Mumbai, July 13, 2011 blasts at Opera House, Zaveri Bazaar and Dadar in which 26 people died, Afaque says, "Riyaz sent Rs 50,000 through hawala via Dubai and asked me to get the explosive. I knew one Zainul Abedi of PFI for last two years. He knew some contacts in the surroundings of Kundapur, Udupi, who can supply explosives. I gave him Rs 50,000 to get the explosives. He brought 200 gelatine sticks at Rs180 per piece and 8 to 10 kgs of ammonium nitrate. He also returned me Rs 7,000-8,000 balance. Then I went to Dhanpathi Galli of Belgauvi and purchased 100 resistors (100 Ohms), 50 capacitors, 40 chips and transistors, all for Rs 300 to Rs 400. Then I prepared the timer circuits".

Yasin Bhatkal had collected the explosive from Afaque, said sources.

For 2012 Pune bombings on August 1, Riyaz contacted Afaque in May-June 2012 for procuring explosives. "I contacted Saddam Hussain of Bhatkal, who is a committed member of PFI. He told me he used to procure explosives in order to hunt fishes in the ocean. He brought 25 gelatine sticks, a box of non-electrical detonators from Sirali Kuppa," said Afaque. It is suspected that Yasin or Tehsin Akhtar collected this explosive.

Then, for the February 21, 2013 twin blasts in Hyderabad's Dilsukhnagar that killed 17 people, Afaque was contacted by Riyaz Bhatkal in October/November 2012.

"I again received money to meet the expenditure towards purchase of explosive material through hawala. Accordingly, I again contacted Saddam Hussain who procured 25 gelatine sticks, a box of non electrical timers from Sirali Kuppa," he says. "I went to Bangalore and purchased the required material for preparing explosives - timers, and prepared the same," he adds.

Assadulah Akhtar alias Haddi had collected the consignment from him in Mangalore.

He procured the last consignment in the first week of December 2014 when IM's Afeef instructed him to get 50 gelatine sticks. He again sent Saddam Hussain for buying it and kept it at the residence of Abdul Suboor, his friend.

This consignment was recovered by cops in January when Afaque, Saddam Hussain, Suboor and Riyaz Ahmed Saeedi were arrested.

Popular Front of India’s role in 2011 Mumbai, 2012 Pune, 2013 Hyd blasts found: Intel agencies - The Times of India

@SrNair @nair PFI has its roots mainly in kerala right ? Wonder if both centre and state govts will take action now

I do not or cannot talk much about their activity on a forum like this...

Govt wont do anything or cant do anything (owing to the political,religious,support base ... vote bank )...... If something has to be done it has to be done by IB or central agencies...... You cant depend on UDF/LDF and its forces to curb them.....

Banning the organisation wont work..... You can only ban the name, not their activities.... They used to be called NDF......

I do not or cannot talk much about their activity on a forum like this.

Govt wont do anything or cant do anything (owing to the political,religious,support base)...... If something has to be done it has to be done by IB...... You cant depend on UDF/LDF and its forces to curb them.....

Ah! So that means Kerala is communalized beyond control. If you cannot say anything against them, that means you don't have freedom.

And just a few months ago, you were screaming and hurling abuses on anyone questioning UDF-PFI and defending your 'secular' soon-to-be-Kashmir state.

Living in denial won't change reality friend. Like it or not, your state is going down the drain due to the self-proclaimed Peaceful people.

I do not or cannot talk much about their activity on a forum like this.

Govt wont do anything or cant do anything (owing to the political,religious,support base)...... If something has to be done it has to be done by IB...... You cant depend on UDF/LDF and its forces to curb them.....

Banning the organisation wont work..... You can only ban the name, not their activities.... They used to be called NDF......

Secular huh?

Very secular I see.

@SrNair @nair PFI has its roots mainly in kerala right ? Wonder if both centre and state govts will take action now
Sorry,Was there any Kerala Muslims involved in that incidents??...Those deshdrohis were from Mangalore,Uduppi and bhatkal areas of KARNATAKA and all was happened during 2011-2013,when deshpremi B.J,P government was in power in Karnataka...

Ah! So that means Kerala is communalized beyond control. If you cannot say anything against them, that means you don't have freedom.

And just a few months ago, you were screaming and hurling abuses on anyone questioning UDF-PFI and defending your 'secular' soon-to-be-Kashmir state.

Living in denial won't change reality friend. Like it or not, your state is going down the drain due to the self-proclaimed Peaceful people.

Not really.... It is still under control.... But the govt is not ready to tie the bell..... thats it...... You have no idea the kind of voices against them in kerala, from every section of society..... But like in ever part of the country vote bank politics is played in kerala too......

I will defend my state and i have lot more information which cannot be shared here, and we do not have to depend on Internet to know what is happening in kerala...... Well PFI and UDF does not have any direct link..... but the point i am making here, is the guts the govt has in taking on them....But proof like this will put pressure on the govt to act up on......

Secular Yes...... "Soon to be Kashmir"????? :woot:

Well Living in denial???? Few guys with extreme views cant change the state my friend nor they can change the way we people think..... Yes we have extremists in our society...... But the majority of us are secular

Sorry,Was there any Kerala Muslims involved in that incidents??...Those deshdrohis were from Mangalore,Uduppi and bhatkal areas of KARNATAKA and all was happened during 2011-2013,when deshpremi B.J,P government was in power in Karnataka...

I wanted to say that.... I been to batkal too...... why batkal??? Bangalore?

Well Living in denial???? Few guys with extreme views cant change the state my friend nor they can change the way we people think..... Yes we have extremists in our society...... But the majority of common people (read secular)

This is what kashmiri pandits told the country till 80s.

Today you know where they are... Just be careful. That's all I can tell you as a fellow indian.

Secular huh?

Very secular I see.

I will tell you an interesting point..... The highest number of clashes faced by NDF are not from RSS...... But from CPM......

This is what kashmiri pandits told the country till 80s.

Today you know where they are... Just be careful. That's all I can tell you as a fellow indian.

I never doubt your intention..... and as a fellow Indian i take that in right spirit....... But Few morons cant change the state..... Central agencies also have responsibility to take care of these organisation..... Never heard of IB/RAW actions in Kerala till today......

I will tell you an interesting point..... The highest number of clashes faced by NDF are not from RSS...... But from CPM......

Who dies? Common people. Who gets targeted? Non-muslims. Who suffers from the miseries? you guys.

Think man. Stop this factional thinking. Think bigger.

Who dies? Common people. Who gets targeted? Non-muslims. Who suffers from the miseries? you guys.

Think man. Stop this factional thinking. Think bigger.

It is not common people who dies.... Those who are ready to kill and ready to die....... (from both the sections).....

This group is must be banned they are a big threat in Kerala

If you want to take a dig at BJP, ok fine. But why put words in my mouth. Where did i say kerala Muslims were responsible? I merely asked whether PFI has its roots in kerala because of their cadre strength there. And deshdrohis are not limited to the places you've mentioned - they can be found everywhere also not limited to Muslims alone

I will tell you an interesting point..... The highest number of clashes faced by NDF are not from RSS...... But from CPM.........

That is because the CPM is regarded as the Hindu party as opposed to the UDF partners. That will change if & when the BJP/RSS becomes stronger.

They are digging their own grave.Their shitty dramas including Marad already gave a lot of help for Right Wings in Kerala.

@takeiteasy

You told us a lot about RSS.Now give us a reason and justify this action.

I do not or cannot talk much about their activity on a forum like this...

Govt wont do anything or cant do anything (owing to the political,religious,support base ... vote bank )...... If something has to be done it has to be done by IB or central agencies...... You cant depend on UDF/LDF and its forces to curb them.....

Back
Top Bottom