What's new

Polytheism vs. Monotheism + Omnipotence

How do you know that?? Its only an assumption if there's no proof.A hypothesis that has to be validated before it can be accepted.

Your reasoning is similar to Agnostics. IMO religion is a question of "Faith" that is acceptance of something as absolute truth without actually having a rational explanation for it. If I could prove it with concrete arguments it would a fact not a question of faith all.

If you have seen various lectures by Steve Hawkins about the origin of the universe; you will find that in response to what was there before the big bang;he postulates that Universe was created out "Nothing". Thus there comes a point where logic and reason gives way to "Blind" faith. My belief in God is something like that. I cannot give concrete evidence of the existence of a supreme sexless "Uncreate" deity, but I believe in it and if I could rationalize it, to me it won't be God or Allah.

This may sound illogical, but that is my faith.

I've found a great read for those interested in truly understanding 'God', creation and the universe from a very old Hindu perspective.

A Realist view of Advaita

You need a lot of patience and don't try reading all the parts in one day.

Back
Top Bottom