What's new

POF made 9mm handgun , PK-09.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The PK-9 is the first handgun from the POF (Pakistan Ordinance Factories). It is designed as per Beretta family of pistols. Currently only one version of PK-9 is available i.e. Standard version.
The PK-9 packed in a good quality plastic box, included in it the gun, two magazines and a technical manual. The manual is in English and quite detailed. As per manual, magazines have the capacity of 13 shots but practically they can accommodate 15 shots. The finishing of the pistol is quite good.
I fired 50 POF Rounds with 100% result from it. Please find below the technical specifications of this pistol along with some pics.

Technical Features PK-9 9mm X 19 Pistol
Caliber 9 mm Parabellum
Operation Short Recoil, Semi Automatic
Locking Falling block
Feed 13 Rounds (15 Rounds)
Weight (with empty magazine) 980 gm
Length 225 mm
Barrel Length 124 mm
Rifling 6 groove, Right Hand
Sight For blade integral with slide, rear, notched bar dovetailed to slide
Sight Radius 125 mm
Muzzle Velocity 400 m / sec
Manual Safety 1
Cocking Indicator 1

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The golden Gun looks Amazing.

Really reminds me of my video game days.. Where the best guns would always be platted in gold. :D

Looks like 100% Beretta Clone, OP before the posted a taurus PT92 claiming pakistani made. Doesn't look like pof licensed it, just cloned it.

Have seen this with junior GDPs, like Flt. Lt. or Plt. Off.

Looks like 100% Beretta Clone, OP before the posted a taurus PT92 claiming pakistani made. Doesn't look like pof licensed it, just cloned it.

That is a Darra made clone.

This is a POF made pistol , i don't have word on license production. I will post if i get updates.

I think if POF decided to copy a Beretta, they should've gone for a (Beretta) M9A1 rather than a (Beretta) 92FS. It (M9A1) has an accessory rail to go for lights and lasers. It (M9A1) would have been a better choice than a 92FS, nonetheless 92FS is a great gun, one of the favourites of gun guru Massad Ayoob who sleeps every night with one under his pilow. Both M9A1 and 92FS are virtually the same guns other than some small differences. Mind you, (Beretta) M9A1 has an accessory rail and (Beretta) M9 does not.

Regards.

its a good enough grounds to get the POF blacklisted, no company willing to trade internationally can risk that.

its a good enough grounds to get the POF blacklisted, no company willing to trade internationally can risk that.

After digging into the beretta story, I found out that beretta 92FS's patents have expired, thus taurus doesn't needs any IP fees. So I guess 92FS designs are fair game... POF can actually copy Berreta 92fs and sell it, another famous design whose patents have expired is the CZ75 steel frame, hence you will see quite a few clones like the Tanfoglio Tz 75 (Italian), Jericho (Israeli), Baby eagle (american), EAA Witness (italian/american) and the SAR 21 (Turkish)versions in the market.

(btw : Another story of unlicensed copy is the Indian OFB's SLR - unlicensed copy of the FN FAL mixed metric and inch pattern.)

POF does not have a license manufacture agreement for Bretta or Glocks and neither are these guns made by POF. As far as I remember many years ago GOP gave incentives to Derra gun makers to regularize their businesses (to control illegal arms0 and promoted/marketed there manufactured arms. These are still cheap knockoffs and I am not sure why POF associates itself with these illegal knockoffs? what if any of these companies chooses to sue POF? Stupid move in my opinion.

Mohtaram Baloch Sahib,
I think POF must have obtained a licence from Beretta International to manufacture the pistol. Both our MP-5 sub-machine gun and G3 rifle is from HK (Heckler Koch) Germany as is the MG3 rifle from Rheinmettal AG which is also a German company. POF's PSR-90 sniper rifle is also a variant of Heckler Koch's HK MSG-90. All of the arms are being produced under licence from the respective companies.

A word about Rheinmettal AG from Germany. It is a heck of a company. The best tank in the world, the US M1A1 Abram is armed with a M256 120mm (4.7 inch) smoothbore cannon also produced by Rheinmettal AG.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom