What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

Can't wait to see pic's when its fully built and in with our PN.

I was hoping we would get at least around 7 of these.

At 50 Million $ a piece, they ain't cheap......3 seems like a reasonable number....but 7 seems a bit big...considering we can buy another F-22P frigate for cost of 4 FACs......

True sir. It all comes down to money. If we have money, we can buy the best system the world has to offer however i cannot understand one thing. What exactly will a ship do without a proper air defense system, specially since in our case we don't have a dedicated naval air wing to protect our assets from Indian attack.

FACs use a very effective measure to "counter" air strike: RUN! In most case, they will return to base at once if there is any red spot appears on the radar (although they don't have powerful radars, but they do have datalinks). This is what they are good at in breaking blockage from enemy frigates or destories.

on the other hand, if they were used to engage an enemy Carrier group, they won't do that alone. They will be supportd by friendly planes and ships, since they are not the primary targets for the enemy, they will be quite secure(untill they got deceted). In this case, all these mobile missile siloes have to do are hide and shoot.

In short, FACs are designed for deffence role in an secure area not to infiltrate into a hostile area for offensive missions. so, for FACS, air defence system is not as important as those in the lager warships.

an upgraded anza series missile can be used for air defence........ other wise chinese and pak are working for new generations of air defence................ i know because the software engineer is my teacher........... worry not for air defence

an upgraded anza series missile can be used for air defence........ other wise chinese and pak are working for new generations of air defence................ i know because the software engineer is my teacher........... worry not for air defence
brother can u give us some details of this defence system or atleast when it b revealed ?????

There were reports before signing contract for development of initial two FAC boats that another two will be built one in Pakistan and other in china once first two are completed.Now one is launched while other is underdevelopment in Karachi.
So hopefully, total four will be acquired from China.

Just to get the idea

PNS+AZMAT+Fast+Attack+Craft+%2528Missile%2529+Launched+SR60+radar+FAC+1031ee.jpg

Masha Allah nice stealthy shape.I guess something is hidden in green sheet cover at front and at rare that could be weapon system?

Back
Top Bottom