Not open for further replies.

Rafi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AnTVVXn.jpg

Interest in dedicated Naval Squadron. :pakistan:

Unless PN has an Aircraft Carrier Group, what is the point of Pakistan Navy having fighter aircrafts.If they are going to operate from land, they can let PAF operate from their bases. They should better coordinate operations with Pakistan Air Force and avoid redundancies.

Oh wow I thought like they wanted the birds, was about to say at least wait for the PAF to finish their full orders.

Well the advantage of having 2 Sqadrons for Dedicated Navy role is that they will report to Navy immediately
Also they could be optomized for NAVY's need

Air force is normally busy on land operations , sometimes they need approval to do other operation , the dedicated 2 squadrons would enable faster operation at sea

Unless PN has an Aircraft Carrier Group, what is the point of Pakistan Navy having fighter aircrafts.If they are going to operate from land, they can let PAF operate from their bases. They should better coordinate operations with Pakistan Air Force and avoid redundancies.

Can't they be use to provide air cover to our current fleet may be with refueling ?

Hi,

Because PAF has acted as traitors when it came to helping navy in 71 war---. The arrogance of paf is open to all----their contempt for those walking on land or plying on seas is not secret----. Navy has evey right to have their own wing and if it comes to it---army should have their own fighter and air support group---.

Pak air force is the most pathetic organization in pak millitary.

Pakistan Navy has Mirage, but how many of them in service ? Obviously Mirage is going to retire soon and Navel version of Thunder has been tested before. Which i will bump.

Hi,

Because PAF has acted as traitors when it came to helping navy in 71 war---. The arrogance of paf is open to all----their contempt for those walking on land or plying on seas is not secret----. Navy has evey right to have their own wing and if it comes to it---army should have their own fighter and air support group---.

Pak air force is the most pathetic organization in pak millitary.

Hi, I will have to second Mr. MK's comments. I remember reading that the PN chief did not know war had broken out in one of the 1965 or 1971 wars, until he heard it on the radio that the PAF had conducted air strikes on India. That shows you the amount of coordination.

The PN is literally a sitting duck if a war breaks out with India. Most of their surface ships will be sunk immediately just like in 1971, and then when Pakistan has a naval choke hold on her like in 1971, we will see how long Pakistan will last with no oil supplies.

The PN needs a few dedicated fighter squadrons optimized for maritime strike, and it does not matter if they are land based. Besides the PN cannot afford an aircraft carrier and has no need for one. The PN is the most underfunded arm and the government still does nothing. Pretty pathetic...

Hi, I will have to second Mr. MK's comments. I remember reading that the PN chief did not know war had broken out in one of the 1965 or 1971 wars, until he heard it on the radio that the PAF had conducted air strikes on India. That shows you the amount of coordination.

The PN is literally a sitting duck if a war breaks out with India. Most of their surface ships will be sunk immediately just like in 1971, and then when Pakistan has a naval choke hold on her like in 1971, we will see how long Pakistan will last with no oil supplies.

The PN needs a few dedicated fighter squadrons optimized for maritime strike, and it does not matter if they are land based. Besides the PN cannot afford an aircraft carrier and has no need for one. The PN is the most underfunded arm and the government still does nothing. Pretty pathetic...

Hi,

Pak navy is the most under appreciated service of the pak military---they have the most critical job to do in this day and age---and they have to depend on traitors to give them air time and air support IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT.

Well MK is right because Asghar Khan wrote a book and he admit he was in contact with Indian ACM and both agreed to keep their wings on bay . In my opinion Asghar Khan deserve court marshal and may be a traitor

Well MK is right because Asghar Khan wrote a book and he admit he was in contact with Indian ACM and both agreed to keep their wings on bay . In my opinion Asghar Khan deserve court marshal and may be a traitor

Well the advantage of having 2 Sqadrons for Dedicated Navy role is that they will report to Navy immediately
Also they could be optomized for NAVY's need

Air force is normally busy on land operations , sometimes they need approval to do other operation , the dedicated 2 squadrons would enable faster operation at sea

That would be incorrect, they are busy in their own tasks ie air defence. Anyways it's nice to see Navy also see some future in our own bird.

Can't they be use to provide air cover to our current fleet may be with refueling ?
Air cover...like a CAP (Combat Air Patrol)? This is prohibitively expensive and a non starter. You can't have Thunders flying continuously over a naval flotilla far out at sea providing air cover. Even on land CAPs are restricted to only vulnerable areas. Even though the operational costs of the Thunders are one of the lowest in the world in its class, it is not feasible. And that's the reason why aircraft carriers have been built! :azn:

This is just a photo of PN personnel after a visit to a defence site, in this case PAC. Such cross-arm visits by all levels of defence personnel are a normal activity and does not mean that PN is interested in having its own independent air wing. Thank God it wasn't some Army personnel on a naval ship, or PDF fan boys would be jumping Army interested in its own frigates/destroyers. :hitwall:

Come on MK ..ummm...You are being too harsh on PAF, they have to manage and prioritize deployment of the limited assets at their disposal and operate within the constraints we all know too well.

Hi,

Pak navy is the most under appreciated service of the pak military---they have the most critical job to do in this day and age---and they have to depend on traitors to give them air time and air support IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT.

So all this is the fault of the PAF?

JF-17 is not the right kind of Jet for the Navy. If indeed they are interested in having an air wing of their own, they should start looking at the J-11. PN does not have an aircraft carrier and they need planes that have the range and payload capacity to hit Indian assets. JF-17 lacks in both the range and payload capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom