What's new

PML-N nominates Marvi Memon for NA reserved seat

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Sunday decided to nominate Marvi Memon as a member of the National Assembly from Punjab’s reserved seats for women, a private TV channel reported.

Marvi had lost her seat from Sindh during the general elections on May 11. The PML-N’s Aisha Javed and Saba Sadiq were also nominated for the reserved seats.

The three nominated MNAs had left the PML-Q in favour of the PML-N earlier.

Prime minister-elect Nawaz Sharif had welcomed Marvi after offering PML-Q leaders membership to his party if they apologised to the nation for supporting a dictator.

On Marvi’s joining the PML-N, Nawaz had said “Marvi’s approach towards issues is pragmatic. She will prove to be an asset for the party”.

PML-N nominates Marvi Memon for NA reserved seat | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

How is the reserved seat quota decided? Will PTI or PPP get any reserved seats allocated?

How is the reserved seat quota decided? Will PTI or PPP get any reserved seats allocated?

There are total 70 reserved seats, 60 for women and 10 for minorities.
these are allocated on the percentage of General NA seats. for example If a party has 50% Genera NA seats that is 136 NA seats then this party will get 30 women seats and 5 minority seats (50% from each).

PTI is expected to get 8 MNA's in the NA. 2 from Punjab and rest from KP.

Hmmm, so who will PTI put in?
@Leader, @Jazzbot etc...I think the doctor who contested against Nawaz Sharif might be a good shout, and also Shireen Mizari.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Leader, @Jazzbot etc...I think the doctor who contested against Nawaz Sharif might be a good shout, and also Shireen Mizari.

Sheeri Mazari, YAsmeen Rashid, Fauzia Kasoori, Naz Baloch deserve a slot. Dr. Fauzia Kasoori have even surrendered her US nationality to contest elections.

Sheeri Mazari, YAsmeen Rashid, Fauzia Kasoori, Naz Baloch deserve a slot. Dr. Fauzia Kasoori have even surrendered her US nationality to contest elections.

The poor lady was the founding member of Pti and is now crying on TV and on twitter but looks like the Pti is sticking with its INSAF policy and not awarding a ticket to her :cray::cray::cray::cray:

PTI can get only two women reserve seats, one is Shirin mazari and other would be Munaza hasan.

I feel PTI has wronged Fouzia Kasuri very badly, we are a family, and she is being given title of mother of PTI by pti family, I dont know why this is happening but she deserves the most, atleast if its not possible now due to priority list, make her contest from NA48. she did campaign there for Javed Hashmi and now she deserves to be given a chance from there..

Priority list goes by

Shireen Mazari

Mounaza Hasan

Ayla Malik

Fauzia Kasuri

the first two would be taken.

I was very funny when i heard Marvi got 1200 votes ... Femala lota ...

PTI can get only two women reserve seats, one is Shirin mazari and other would be Munaza hasan.

I feel PTI has wronged Fouzia Kasuri very badly, we are a family, and she is being given title of mother of PTI by pti family, I dont know why this is happening but she deserves the most, atleast if its not possible now due to priority list, make her contest from NA48. she did campaign there for Javed Hashmi and now she deserves to be given a chance from there..

There are a fair few seats for by-election, the Imran Khan seats (although KPK folks would contest from there probably), the Islamabad seat and a couple more, and even the N-league seats.

Asad Umar was also supposed to be getting a ticket for the Isl seat.

Back
Top Bottom