What's new

PM Modi's US visit: US favours India's entry into elite nuclear clubs

RKO

Reaction score
Country
India
WASHINGTON: The US today broadbased its strategic ties with India by pledging to back New Delhi's entry into elite nuclear clubs and as a permanent member of the reformed UN Security Council.

In a joint statement issued at the end of the five-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the US and after his summit meeting with President Barack Obama, the two countries decided to cooperate in combating terrorism.

They stressed the need for concerted and joint efforts including the dismantling of safe havens for terrorist and criminal networks.

This would include efforts to disrupt all financial and tactical support for network such as al-Qaeda, Lashkar-e- Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, the D-company and the Haqqanis. They reiterated their calls for Pakistan to bring the perpetrators of the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks to justice.

Seeking to expand cooperation in strengthening global nonproliferation and export control regimes, the two leaders committed themselves to continue to work towards India's phased entry into the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG), the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), the Wassenaar Arrangement and the Australia Group.

The President affirmed that India meets MTCR requirements and is ready for membership in the NSG. He supported India's early application and eventual membership in all four regimes.

As active participants in the Nuclear Security Summit process, the United States and India welcomed progress toward reducing the risk of terrorists acquiring nuclear weapons or related materials, and noted their shared commitment to improving nuclear security nationally and globally.

PM Modi's US visit: US favours India's entry into elite nuclear clubs - The Economic Times

India is well on its way to become America's puppet state instead of Pakistan. The sooner that happens, the better as the evil of American empire will shed from our people.

India is well on its way to become America's puppet state instead of Pakistan. The sooner that happens, the better as the evil of American empire will shed from our people.

Also I don't think Russia will be too happy with India. I have a feeling we may see a switch. US and India. Pakistan and Russia.

Why do you have to compare yourself with us, we will be what we wish for and we have seen India show more balls than Pakistan in surrendering its interests. Fact is that you will be a puppet state, if not of America then of China.

Also I don't think Russia will be too happy with India. I have a feeling we may see a switch. US and India. Pakistan and Russia.
Lol, the dreams Pakistanis have are amazing - come up with even half the funding of PAKFA and things will look a bit favorable but switch? :lol:

Thats prcisly what you guys need to learn from Indians....''HOW TO MANAGE DIPLOMATIC RELATIONSHIPS''.
just because you guys screwed up does not mean everyone else will...

Not every country is Pakistan to submit their whole country for just few billion dollars. We do business with our own interests. eg: 123 deal with USA. Japan, China, USA, and now Modi is going to Russia next month.

That will not happene...not anytime soon!! We are just training to get everything we can from us!!! Us help is essential for UNSC seat..
Btw we are developing nation... non alignment is best suited for us and we know it!

That will not happene...not anytime soon!! We are just training to get everything we can from us!!! Us help is essential for UNSC seat..
Btw we are developing nation... non alignment is best suited for us and we know it!

How can you say that....

1. Have ever any pakistani PM or President got this level of welcome as Indian PM got....???
2. Please make a not that pakistan is USA's strategic ally that US bombs everyday.
3. Please do not compare India and pakistan....India is never gonna be puppet of USA... In any condition our country interest is primary.

No one can beat Pakistan in being a puppet state. India never was and never will be a puppet state of any country. India regularly goes against US in many issues as highlighted by the recent WTO impasse or the liability issues in the nuclear deal. Please don't compare India with Pakistan. Thank you.

India knows how to balance itself.... and Becoming an American puppet?????? Never mate........ India is not Pakistan..... Why pakistan became a puppet???? reason is simple The Aid Pakistan was receiving......and america knew the dependence on their Aid......

Puppet states don't have two trillion gdps and 300 billion forex reserves.

Indians origin Americans are having huge influence in USA policy.

Pakistan was a state reliant on the small crumps of grant aid.

Pakistan is welcome to Russia.they won't give you s bean in free aid.

Enjoy

US backing India - and i think itz nit hard to guess why ...
So much for the sake of Backing that one day issuing them a court summon on Murder charges and next day offering to come sit in my lap --- so much for Diplomacy

US backing India - and i think itz nit hard to guess why ...
So much for the sake of Backing that one day issuing them a court summon on Murder charges and next day offering to come sit in my lap --- so much for Diplomacy
Actually the problem is Pakistan does not understand Democracy and the Justice system.

Indian PM went to Central Park, to MSG in the midst of 19000 people for more than one and half hour and then Met Obama without a single issue.
Unwise for you to not even know the basics :)

Back
Top Bottom