What's new

Please name one weapon system made in India which is named from any other religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin ka Pakistan

Reaction score
If India is secular country then why all its weapon system have Hindu religious names. Please name one weapon system made in India which is named from any other religion.

Just doing research on naming of weapon systems in different countries like Tiger, falcon, Tipu Sultan , Arjun etc

Last edited:
And only a few weapon systems of india are named after hindu religious names(i can only remember arjun and bhisma)........agni,trishul,astra,nirbhay,sagarika etc are not religious names

most of weapons systems in India are named in Indian language. where the relegion comes from? Akash means-sky, Agni-fire,prithvi-earth, tejas-energy,shourya-valure.....etc. only arjun tank was named after a mythological hero.( perhapes you have already taken the copywright of most fierce muslim warriors and nothing is left for us to use:azn:) why should India use arabic words that is not an indian language.

If India is secular country then why all its weapon system have Hindu religious names. Please name one weapon system made in India which is named from any other religion.

Just doing research on naming of weapon systems in different countries like Tiger, falcon, Tipu Sultan , Arjun etc

Majority of Indian weapon systems have Sanskrit/Hindi names like, Tejas (LCA), Agni, Prithvi, Arihant etc. primarily because Sanskrit is the mother of all languages not only in India but even in the subcontinent and Hindi happens to be our national language. All the names are meant to describe the weapon systems symbolically. Like, Tejas means radiance, Agni means fire, Prithvi means land, Arihant means destroyer of enemies etc. No, Indian weapon system is named after Hindu gods or goddesses.

So, the names of Indian weapon systems have nothing to do with religion or secularism. Btw, our long range, high endurance UAV, being developed by DRDO is named Rustom, a pharsi name. Hope that serves the purpose of this thread?

Hmm,then you tell what hindu religious names did you find???

Majority of Indian weapon systems have Sanskrit/Hindi names like, Tejas (LCA), Agni, Prithvi, Arihant etc. primarily because Sanskrit is the mother of all languages not only in India but even in the subcontinent and Hindi happens to be our national language. All the names are meant to describe the weapon systems symbolically. Like, Tejas means radiance, Agni means fire, Prithvi means land, Arihant means destroyer of enemies etc. No, Indian weapon system is named after Hindu gods or goddesses.

So, the names of Indian weapon systems have nothing to do with religion or secularism. Btw, our long range, high endurance UAV, being developed by DRDO is named Rustom, a pharsi name. Hope that serves the purpose of this thread?

Thanks it helped a lot in understanding naming system of Indian weapons :cheers:

In the holy text Ramayana tulsidas has said
Kshiti Jal Pawak Gagan Sameera; Pancha Tatwa Ye Manju Shareera.
meaning earth water fire sky and wind are the five elements that constitute a human body So the names Prithivi (earth) Agni (Pawak) Akash (Gagan) so still Water and wind are in waiting so please understand that it is not religion alone (do not jump to conclusion that I mentioned Ramayana so it is religious)

now i could not control it ...ive given my reply ina sensible manner NOW nam any weapon system in pakistan irrespective of origin which is named on any other relegion ANSWER THIS OR PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD ACCEPTING YOUR HARDHEADEDNESS :yahoo:

Yes, Islamic republic of Pakistan does not claim to be secular by Constitution so its naming system is inspired by religion.

The only weapon system I could found in West near to a religious name is F-8 Crusader.

Do not shame research by claiming you were researching. As an advice if you ever think of opting for research dump that idea. you are not research type. Learn to accept views and opinion. One of the best definitions democracy that I have heard is " Democracy means there ought to be an opinion about everything which might differ from yours. Listining to it and respecting it is democracy". This was said by Mr Javd Akthar (shabana Azmi's husband) in a talk show". Hope this helps you in accepting views

Oh thanks for telling me that I am not a research type :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: aren't you judgmental (now I am judging you) Plz read the complete thread and do your research, I agreed with "Screaming Skull SENIOR MEMBERS" and my research was over later just answering to people hitting on me.

The names are Sanskrit. Almost all Indian languages have their origin in sanskrit as a root. At most there Tamils might get a bit upset they dont have a weapon in their language. There is no religious names. Its like saying punjabi means religion. Some folks need to grow up at some point in their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom