What's new

Pictures from cities: Karachi

5645202003_2e836a6c0e_b.jpg

5645202007_f70fc8d3af_b.jpg

5645202017_d5def7b0c5_b.jpg

5645202025_08e0fe3493_b.jpg

Sandspit Beach
5642903206_9881e421ac_b.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful posts and all the effort.
Can someone tell me which picture this is ?

Its called Bagh Ibn-e-Qasim, the country’s largest park spreaded over 130 acres and was inaugurated by Former President Pervez Musharraf.

The park is so enormous that it can accommodate at least 300,000 people.

Heres another picture of this amazing park.

800px-Bagh-e-Qasim_Karachi.jpg

Its called Bagh Ibn-e-Qasim, the country’s largest park spreaded over 130 acres and was inaugurated by Former President Pervez Musharraf.

The park is so enormous that it can accommodate at least 300,000 people.

Heres another picture of this amazing park.

800px-Bagh-e-Qasim_Karachi.jpg

looks like an airport :cheers:

Karachiite, there's one thing I'd like Karachi to improve, & that are its beaches. I just don't like all the camel poo in the beaches there, the camels need to be taken somewhere else, & replaced by young boys & girls :D

Btw, which ones are the best beaches in Karachi? I heard the French Beach is good, but the Boat View beach (or whatever its called) in Clifton (close to the West Wind Apartments I believe isn't too great. There's also one that's close to that movie theater, across the street) needs to be made better. I go to Karachi often, but never really to the beaches. Isn't there a beach in Defence Phase VI extension close to the Royal Rodale Club as well?

I agree, Karachi beaches need more attention as far as cleanliness and maintenance! When I lived in Karachi, my favorite beach was french beach, kind of secluded but lacks basic amenities!

Karachiite, there's one thing I'd like Karachi to improve, & that are its beaches. I just don't like all the camel poo in the beaches there, the camels need to be taken somewhere else, & replaced by young boys & girls :D

It's true the beaches need to be properly maintained and cleaned. Replaced by young boys and girls? Pedo much lol.

Btw, which ones are the best beaches in Karachi? I think the French Beach is good, but the Boat View beach (or whatever its called) in Clifton (close to the West Wind Apartments I believe. There's also one that's close to that movie theater, across the street) needs to be made better. I go to Karachi often, but never really to the beaches. Isn't there a beach in Defence Phase VI extension close to the Royal Rodale Club as well?

French beach is a great beach. I think your talking about Boat Basin, the parks there are nice. But the beach is called Clifton beach or sea view, it can get a little crowded there and they have floodlights so you can go there at night.

And yeah Defence phase 6 has a a beach too. You can keep going on sea view road, it takes you to the end of Dha Karachi and into the arabian sea if you want lol.

But the best beaches in my opinion are Hawks Bay, Paradise Point and French beach. Russian beach and sandspit are also nice. The beaches past hawkes bay are amazing, especially the ones in Mubarak Village. But if you wanna commit suicide Gaddani is the best beach to do it lol.

It's true the beaches need to be properly maintained and cleaned. Replaced by young boys and girls? Pedo much lol.

Lol, that sounded wrong lol, I'm a young guy too (22). :D

French beach is a great beach. I think your talking about Boat Basin, the parks there are nice. But the beach is called Clifton beach or sea view, it can get a little crowded there and they have floodlights so you can go there at night.

I know Boat Basin, I was born in Karachi & I spent my first 3-4 years in my Boat Basin apartment as a child. The apartments there used to be much nicer than what they are now I believe. I was talking about the Clifton Beach, a little too crowded for my liking, & not attracting the best crowd either. I love Sea View, I love the whole DHA & Clifton area; not to say the other areas in Karachi aren't great either, Iqbal Town, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Federal-B Area, KDA Chowrangi, Sadar etc have their own charm.

But the best beaches in my opinion are Hawks Bay, Paradise Point and French beach. Russian beach and sandspit are also nice. The beaches past hawkes bay are amazing, especially the ones in Mubarak Village.

I'm pretty sure I've been to Hawks Bay Beach, but that was a while ago, can't really recall much from it, even though I'm positive I've been there. Don't think I've been to the Russian Beach. I'm not positive I've been to Paradise Point either. Could you give a little more description about the location of each of these beaches, & which ones attract the best crowds? I'm pretty familiar with the locations in Karachi, so I won't get lost with your locations, it'll give me something new to do when I visit Karachi the next time. Maybe post a few pictures?

I love Karachi, I think it's very cosmopolitan & hip. It is a city of great extremes too. Some of the kids that live in their posh mansions in DHA phase 5 and 6 are a little pretentious though, with a s*it load of money to waste; which isn't cool in my opinion, but I guess there are bad apples around everywhere.

Hakes Bay is on a very thin little strip that attaches to Manora. Russian Beach is near Gharo somewhere behind a steel mill , thats where it gets it's name I guess. Paradise Point you can say looks like a greek beach with all those weird stone structures but recently the famous natural arch structure broke off. It's near Hawkes Bay but more to the west side near the Balochistan border.
If your lucky enough you can spot a few nice goris at hawkes bay but that's only in the early morning because in the afternoon it can get a little hairy there with the crowd. But imo French beach is the best followed by some unknown and secluded beaches near Mubarak Village.

Karachi is great and all but one thing I hate about this city is that it doesn't rain a lot :angry:.

And I'll post some pics of beaches including their locations soon

Back
Top Bottom