What's new

Picture of the Day

This incredible photo marks the end of Matador Torero Álvaro Múnera’s career. He collapsed in remorse mid-fight when he realized he was having to prompt this ot...herwise gentle beast to fight. He went on to become an avid opponent of bullfights. Even grievously wounded by picadors, he did not attack this man.
Torrero Munera is quoted as saying of this moment: “And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst shit on earth.”

b.jpg

b3.jpg

I hope none of these women will ever get harrased or whatever in their lives or have to deal with men that have the wrong intentions.

salt-farming-workers_91607_990x742.jpg

The Pinch of Salt

“Salt farming is sadly a dying trade in Bali,” writes Your Shot member Jino Lee. But on the east side of the Indonesian island, Lee says, a small and declining number of salt farmers still plies the trade today.

Not a proud moment yet,
It will be when we get rid of these corrupt politician, only then PAKISTAN will be free.

Testing Hardware for Growing Plants and Vegetables in Space

Astronauts on the International Space Station continue testing the VEGGIE hardware for growing vegetables and plants in space. VEGGIE provides lighting and nutrient supply for plants in the form of a low-cost growth chamber and planting "pillows" -- helping provide nutrients for the root system:
iss044e022126.jpg

Curiosity Low-Angle Self-Portrait at 'Buckskin' Drilling Site on Mount Sharp

This low-angle self-portrait of NASA's Curiosity Mars rover shows the vehicle above the "Buckskin" rock target, where the mission collected its seventh drilled sample.
pia19807_flat-horizon-monday.jpg

Stark Beauty of Supersonic Shock Waves

Updating a 150-year-old German photography technique, NASA and the U.S. Air Force released what's called a "schlieren" image of the shock wave from a supersonic aircraft.
airbos_f7_p5.jpg

men-camel-desert-abu-dhabi_91604_990x742.jpg

AUGUST 28, 2015

Skin and Bones
Having succumbed to the forces of man or nature, an Arabian oryx leaves behind its skull and well-weathered horns. The “fascinating” remains were captured by Your Shot member Mario Cardenas in Al Gharbia, a region in the western United Arab Emirates. The camel and riders head in the direction of the annual camel festival in Madinat Zayed.

Back
Top Bottom