What's new

Pervez khattak opposes kalabagh dam

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jirga 6th June 2013 - YouTube

Watch the last few minutes of programme. His stance is exactly like ANP's. He was irrigation minister and explains how kalabagh would be disastrous to nowshera, mardan, peshawer.....
I am interested to know the official stance of PTI on kalabagh dam?...pervez khattak is from nowshera, he would naturally oppose kalabagh dam.

Also in interview he says that fareed khan was not killed by taliban, he hints towards sectarian factor. @AstanoshKhan @mafiya, @Awesome, @nuclearpak, @Armstrong, @Leader

Last edited by a moderator:
the real issue is about royalty, never do technical people prepare a feasibility report with such dangers as propagated above..

I think this issue would again be used for political mileage by pmln and anp against PTI.

now PTI stance is unclear to me on this, I think PTI would judge the issue on merit.

the real issue is about royalty, never do technical people prepare a feasibility report with such dangers as propagated above..

I think this issue would again be used for political mileage by pmln and anp against PTI.

now PTI stance is unclear to me on this, I think PTI would judge the issue on merit.

Agreed.

PTI would and should judge the issue on merit.

Enough of this cheap siasat bazi

When PTI's Opposition leader haroon rashid has favored KBD. I said at that time that PTI can't risk favoring KBD in KPK because a significant portion of ANP workers joined PTI. So its just not possible for PTI to support KBD.

Because the parties in other provinces have made it a political selling proposition. Thats why I said it again and again that KBD is a dead hourse.

Agreed.

They just can't. "KPK main rehna hay to KBD na manzoor kehna hay"

Agreed.

They just can't. "KPK main rehna hay to KBD na manzoor kehna hay"

When PTI's Opposition leader haroon rashid has favored KBD. I said at that time that PTI can't risk favoring KBD in KPK because a significant portion of ANP workers joined PTI. So its just not possible for PTI to support KBD.

Its not ANP issue, almost every pakhtun leader is against the project. Maulana fazlur rehman is also against the dam.
‘Kalabagh court order favours a political party’s election campaign’ – The Express Tribune

In one of the speech i have heard imran khan promising construction of kalabagh dam.....now in peshawer valley imran khan gained most of the seats and people of peshawer division are strongely against kalabagh dam.

Also during renaming issue imran khan strongely supported hazara province and in his abbotabad speeches he made the promise of making hazara province....interesting it was peshawer division which won him seats, not hazara.....

KBD can be revived only if Punjab offers to share (or Totally give up) royalty with KP and sindh.

And I think if they do, it can be a sweat deal for all the parties.

............who?

KBD can be revived only if Punjab offers to share (or Totally give up) royalty with KP and sindh.

ANP stance is clear, even if royalty is given to KPK they wont agree on construction of kalabagh...the issue between KPK and Punjab is not about royalty.

I just googled and found out that Qazi hussain ahmad was against kalabagh dam while jumate islami of punjab supports kalabagh dam.

Sir its not about royalty.
1-KPK is opposing it based on the migration of Noshehra and possibility of floods in noshehra as a result of KBD.
2-Sindh is more concerned with the addition of irrigation system to the dam.
These are just two of the issues. So better forget any hope of KBD's construction.

@Pak-one

ANP is spent kartoos for now May be 2018 will bring them back But right now spent kartoos.

@hasnain0099

Dams always flood areas. Tarbela did it, Mangla did it, Bhasha will do, and so will KBD.

Yeah the area above KBD is a bit more populated. But in such cases, fare market value is paid to the property owners.

ANP stance is clear, even if royalty is given to KPK they wont agree on construction of kalabagh...the issue between KPK and Punjab is not about royalty.

I just googled and found out that Qazi hussain ahmad was against kalabagh dam while jumate islami of punjab supports kalabagh dam.

Because it sells. Floods unfortunately hit and devastated naushehra even without KBD and as we continue to drag our differences, we should be prepared to face a lot more.

@Pak-one

ANP is spent kartoos

They are not. As long as PTI remains weak in addressing the issues, there would always be a chance of re-emergence of ANP.

@Pak-one

ANP is spent kartoos

@hasnain0099

Dams always flood areas. Tarbela did it, Mangla did it, Bhasha will do, and so will KBD.

Yeah the area above KBD is a bit more populated. But in such cases, fare market value is paid to the property owners.

Not just ANP , JUI also strongely opposes it.

And its not just nowshera...peshawer, mardan, charsada and swabi will also submerge...these are most densely populated, fertile and productive areas of KPK

I can assure you when money talks, everybody listens !!

what else is the issue then? peshawar,nowshera, mardan would be drawn? :no:

@Pak-one

comparing JUI to ANP is like comparing a thief to an honorable man.

ANP is in different class.

JUI just wants biscuit.

Back
Top Bottom