What's new

PDF Policy on racism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashan

Reaction score
In the past 1 1/2 years as a member I have seen trolling in different hue and color and was not bothered about those. But in the past 2 months I have seen an increase in racist posts and have reported them several times as well. I am seeing despicable posts like Stinky "..." filty "...." terrorist "...", n***rs, Kalae etc etc(fill the ones within quotes with Chinese, Indians, Vietnamese, Muslims, Hindus whatever you want - I have seen it all)

And these trolls(who have nothing to contribute) even go against professional members of this forum who contribute with their knowledge and experience.

I suggest this - straight bans for these kinds of racist posts and third time's a charm - a permanent ban.

Suggestions welcome.

This forum once had a policy of banning anyone who used the word "ch*nk".

But that policy mysteriously disappeared.

I asked the site Administrator about it, and here was the response:

asim.png

So basically, they no longer get banned for it.

Unless the automated systems count enough infractions.

asim.png
Can't see the picture.

asim.png

So basically, they no longer get banned for it.

Unless the automated systems count enough infractions.

Calm down dude its not Chinese that get ignored, its also us Pakistanis...

Just report and move on... they will get banned eventualy

- Mods you can use some javascript to check for banned words before ppl post them and show a warning message that these words are banned and NOT post those comments.
- to prevent creative use of special characters to say @ss etc, please prevent using any special characters in the posts and ban people who circumvent the rules to say those words with special chars (because they have violated the spirit of the rule of not using bad language)
- racial abuse for each country is different due to the cultural differences. you should treat "stereotype" words of each nationality on how the people of that country feel about it. I have seen a lot of BD posters using "bharoti" which has not gone down well with some indian posters. we can have a list of derogatory terms clearly available on the rules page and make the banning process for this completely transparent.

It's mostly Indian members that bring this forum down.

Says the only member who gets banned more than me :)

@Topic, I agree with the OP. Racist post along with abusive posts seem to be going up by the day. I had opened a thread in the GHQ section highlighting some example, and those got addressed immediately, however the trend continues...

Last edited by a moderator:
Says the only member who gets banned more than me :)

@Topic, I agree with the OP. Racist post along with abusive posts seem to be going up by the day. I had opened a thread in the GHQ section highlighting some example, and those got addressed immediately, however the trend continues...

I get banned for language, not racial slurs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom