What's new

Pakistan's War - Images from the frontlines

Excuses excuses - If I had a million dollars I'd marry Charlize Theron. When you get 99% literacy then we'll talk.

That's because you're not.

Mr Rabit, thats what ur name is, excuse me

now coming to ur point of 99% literacy rate, can u write ur name in Urdu, probably 99% of Americans wont be able to, so then why asking an offical urdu speking country to spell their name, u got to do better than this.

dont judge any body`s competence by spelling name. Alas, thats why i wonder why the world is in such a mess where most powerful nation on earth is obssesed with other nations to spell their name in english.:undecided:

mate ur IQ is very low, sorry to say that coz u dont have the ability to understand the problem. plus u r worng in ur argument coz there are different spelling way in Americans and birtish and if u cant spell ur name precisely in english it does not matter.

westeren media is covering the operation- Sky news etc, plz go through some of the realities than fantacises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's Dawn pic features the same battery:

If the U.S. has learned anything since 2001, it is that the information war is nearly as important as the battlefield itself. Can't Pakistan do a better job? At least better than us Americans who do our thinking half a world away from the scene of action?

Vehicles that may have been destroyed by IEDs and a photo of a tank shooting - and perhaps missing - a fixed target. Getty Images has no other scenes of battle, but a lot of Pakistanis conforming, fleeing, or demonstrating pro or con about the Taliban, plus men sporting what looks like "Go Taliban Go" bumper stickers on their heads.

This doesn't look good.

Too many images of defeat, too few of success. Remember, it is the spirit of the operation that is called into question:
A Supreme Court lawyer Anees Jillani, who visited Swat recently, said the military remains divided and some have a soft corner for the Islamists and are not willing to fight.

“When you ask them why are you not defeating them, they ask: ‘Why should we?’ and you ask about Sufi Muhammad, they say: ‘What’s wrong with him?’” he said. link
The article points out that things have changed thanks to U.S. aid - but the implication is that PA and FC could wipe out the Taliban but choose not to.

"and a photo of a tank shooting - and perhaps missing - a fixed target..."

I've seen the actual footage, the white building must've been around 400 meters away, tanks don't miss compounds at this range my ingenious friend.

Vehicles that may have been destroyed by IEDs and a photo of a tank shooting - and perhaps missing - a fixed target. Getty Images has no other scenes of battle, but a lot of Pakistanis conforming, fleeing, or demonstrating pro or con about the Taliban, plus men sporting what looks like "Go Taliban Go" bumper stickers on their heads.

This doesn't look good.

Solomon2,

Not sure what you are trying to say here? So until and unless you get to see pictures with dead Taliban strung up on pikes, its not good? :rolleyes:

Let us worry about what is going on there. Unfortunately you cannot read what is being reported in the Pakistani Urdu media. There is considerable fighting going on over there. If this was a drama as you suspect it, people would not be fleeing these areas and coming down south.

Too many images of defeat, too few of success. Remember, it is the spirit of the operation that is called into question:

The article points out that things have changed thanks to U.S. aid - but the implication is that PA and FC could wipe out the Taliban but choose not to.

Solomon,

What successes have you had in Afghanistan by which you are constantly passing judgments about what is going on in Pakistan? What miracles have your boys sprung in Afghanistan?
The whole South is out of your reach. Every single firefight is inconclusive. Every other airstrike conducted by your side results in civilian casualties so please stop passing judgments in every other one of your posts. When you turn Southern Afghanistan around then you can tell us all about how to fight an insurgency..until then we are all in the same boat.

Let the implication stand. Why would we wipe out all Taliban and Pashtuns if they can be talked to? Unlike the US/ISAF forces who are essentially visitors, we have to live with our people in FATA..so we will do what we think is the right approach. If it means you stop and go then so be it.

This doesn't look good.

I'm sure you can form a lot of opinions from those 'Taliban Supporters' but your focus should also be on the hundreds and thousands of people who're fleeing the area so that the Army can finish the operation. Women and children aren't the only one who're now being evacuated to a safe location. Men from all ages are a part of that migration as well.

If they didn't pick up arms against the military, then it's a clear proof that the people of Buner and Dir are loyal to Pakistan, not the the TTP.

The Army must be doing SOMETHING right in this operation. Why else would three Taliban commanders surrender in the past few days? I'm sure we're not just shooting shells at 'fixed targets'.

LOL, it's amusing to see Solomon's and Rabbit's reactions.
Talkind down on Pakistanis about their literacy and their intellect.
Who do these Americans think they are lol?
They lost Vietnam, lost Iraq and lost Afghanistan aswell, hence why they need us.
Pretty hypocritical statements coming from our dear Solomon2.
To Rabbit: Please, most of the Americans don't even know anything about the rest of the world and about the world politics.
If you ask them all the states and their names in the U.S., they'll give it to you, but if you ask them where another country lies or which world leader is who etc, they won't know sh!t.
The average American isn't bright on this, so please, don't even try and lecture Pakistanis.
Anything outside the U.S. is unknown territory for alot of Yanks, perhaps they need some scholing aswell it seems?

On a side note: GO Pakistani Army, you got my full support, it was about time we took some hard action on these militants! :tup:

Back
Top Bottom